24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
OP Offline
A
How many rounds of HAND loaded ammunition do yall keep on hand for a particular hunting rifle?

I'm talking about once the barrel is broke in and you get a load dialed in and all other experimentation is done. How many do yall keep on hand for your #1 go to hunting rifle?

BP-B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Back when primers and powder were plentiful, I would purchase 1000 primers and 4 lbs of power for each rifle I owned. Each time I loaded for that rifle, I lloaded 50 rounds at the time.

For me, it is not a question of how many rounds I have on hand. It is a question of "can I reproduce the same recipe" any time I wish?

Purchasing in bulk is the answer. If I am using the same Case Lot of primer and powder, I should in theory, get the same results along any timeline.

Another advantage to this approach is the fact that I don't have to re-zero my scope every year. Unless I beat it against the truck, the rifle will hit minute of deer now or five years from now. The recipe will be the same because I am using the same case lot of primers and powder.

GB

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The same thread was started in the gunwriter's forum here, a couple weeks ago. This is actually the optics forum. Also, a lot of these guys (me included) don't have a "#1 go to hunting rifle"... We have multiple "go to" hunting rifles. That's what makes this place go round..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
The same thread was started in the gunwriter's forum here, a couple weeks ago. This is actually the optics forum. Also, a lot of these guys (me included) don't have a "#1 go to hunting rifle"... We have multiple "go to" hunting rifles. That's what makes this place go round..

Ah, no matter, he's just getting the obligatory post count high 'nuff to start scamming in the Classified forum. wink

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by skeen

Ah, no matter, he's just getting the obligatory post count high 'nuff to start scamming in the Classified forum. wink
😂
Sadly - probably true.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Hopefully not. I heard there is a lot of that crap going on lately. I just sold some bullets earlier and everything went well. First time I've bought or sold there in a couple years. The classifieds used to be a great addition to this site.. Now I noticed Rick has all kinds of warnings and such..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

BINGO.
Bet the farm on it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by armdealer
How many rounds of HAND loaded ammunition do yall keep on hand for a particular hunting rifle?

I'm talking about once the barrel is broke in and you get a load dialed in and all other experimentation is done. How many do yall keep on hand for your #1 go to hunting rifle?
2500 223 FMJ SHTF ammo. Other than that not much. I make them as I go. Need to because for me loaded ammo is like a line of coke to a drug addict.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wonder why Rick changed the profile page?
Cant see the OPs other posts.
Noticed if you go from the Member List for anyone you can't either.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I need to get off my ass load som 300 H&H

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SKane

BINGO.
Bet the farm on it.

Come on buddies!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Wonder why Rick changed the profile page?
Cant see the OPs other posts.
Noticed if you go from the Member List for anyone you can't either.
Click on his name, then number of posts. They are still there. Rick hasn’t emptied the trash yet.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

😂
Sadly - probably true.
Yep

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
A
OP Offline
A
Common Buddies why are you guys capping [bleep]
Just because i am posting threads doesn't means i am looking for a way to get through the classified section.
If i was really interested in scamming, i would have replied to tons of classified adds and buddies would have pm me asking for details.
You can't just assume a fellow to be a scammer except if he is caught in action.
Thanks and have a nice Holiday.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Just because i am posting threads doesn't means i am looking for a way to get through the classified section.
If i was really interested in scamming, i would have replied to tons of classified adds and buddies would have pm me asking for details.
You can't just assume a fellow to be a scammer except if he is caught in action.

Hopefully you are not. There has been a lot of crap going on over there in the classifieds. I have stayed away from there for a couple years because of some of the horror stories. It used to be well "policed" over there but it seems like there are a lot of new members there that some of us refer to as "classifieds cowboys" because that is all they do: Post things in the classifieds. We don't know a lot about them because they never post in the real threads and forums here. At least you posted in one of the forums, albeit the wrong one for the question at hand...Trust me though, if you are a scammer you won't last very long here..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Country of origin, buddy? 🤔

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Breaker, breaker, one nine, good buddy? Lol

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WAM
Breaker, breaker, one nine, good buddy? Lol

Not a Good Buddy.
Don't want one either!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
721 members (12308300, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 11point, 12344mag, 160user, 91 invisible), 2,713 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,890
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.