Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
100mg x2 per day 30 days minimum
Also request testing for Babesiosis it’s an antibody screen and far more reliable than the Lyme antibody screens available. Doxycycline is not active against Babesioisis, it requires antimalarial type drugs but is easily cured.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Y33611
100mg x2 per day 30 days minimum
Also request testing for Babesiosis it’s an antibody screen and far more reliable than the Lyme antibody screens available. Doxycycline is not active against Babesioisis, it requires antimalarial type drugs but is easily cured.

Good intel...

I have taken Ivermectin (horse paste) every few weeks for the past year or so... and/or more if the Rona hits me again...

I am NOT a doctor, but the Ivermectin does seem to help with the Lyme/age based arthritis.

Of course YMMV.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
I would also add that the Plum Island story is true. Lyme was only previously known In the 19th century as a relatively limited disease in European Red Deer (deer are primary carriers and are unaffected by Lyme) Babesiois is a common disease in Africa generally known as tick fever with many species varieties. Most wild animals and livestock in Africa have Babesioisis. It is endemic in feral dogs and coyotes in Mexico and SW USA but by a species that generally hasn’t crossed into humans or does so infrequently. Plum Island was a DOD then USDA facility (still there) on Long Island NY that was recklessly managed after the 50s. Old Lyme CT is due North of Plum Island about ten miles across LI Sound, where the first cases of arthralgia and illness were noted (in children)by physicians there who named it Lyme Disease.The first cases of human babesioisis were discovered on Nantucket to the East of Plum Island and the first cases of West Nile virus in dead crows and live horses were seen on LI just a few miles West of Plum Island... livestock experiments... migratory sea birds... pretty clear what happened.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The wife and I have both had Lymes. Nasty and sometimes hard to detect. Doxy is only known antibiotic to work on it.

There are other strains of lymes. A new one found in Clearfield County Pa., Lawrence Township Park called DTV. It is a rare type of Powasson virus and can be transmitted in as little as 15 minutes by tick, while lymes may take up to 24 hours. There is no known cure. 12 % will die and another 12 % will have severe health issues like encephalitis, meningitis, confusion, difficulty speaking, seizures and loss of coordination. 90 % will have lifelong health issues with it. I believe a person in Connecticut just died of it. This was reported in one of the game papers in Pennsylvania and I saved the article but cut the heading off so I don't remember which one. 92 % of the ticks there carried the virus.

Other strains of lymes are local with some more severe than others. Flave is right, save the tick because it can be tested for specifics. There is a mail in free analysis for lymes that the wife knows about, but she is super sick with covid right now. I'll ask for the info when she is back on her feet.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I had Lyme last year, over the 4th in fact, so 1 year anniversary, hurray. Anyway had this unidentified bite on my side. Started feeling exhausted and woozy. Chills and sweats. Then I happened to look at my side, perfect bullseye around that bite. We had some doxycycline so I started taking it immediately. Symptoms improved after the second dose. Took 4 days to get in to see our Dr, thought he may be upset that I self diagnosed and started the doxycycline but he was very pleased. Gave me a 30 day script plus a few extra to keep around if needed. No issues since thankfully.

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do dogs get lyme ??

I pull grape size ticks of them often. Before I can save them, they scarf em up and eat em.

Alex Jones said that Frontline Advantage chit would make them magnetic. I don’t need that. They already chase cars.

And I believe EVERY THING Alex Jones and Happy Camper and Steve90210 say. I’m always connecting the dots.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Diesel
The wife and I have both had Lymes. Nasty and sometimes hard to detect. Doxy is only known antibiotic to work on it.

Lyme, not Lymes.

And doxy is not the only antibiotic.

https://www.columbia-lyme.org/treatment-options

I used to sell Ceftin.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
Do dogs get lyme ??

I pull grape size ticks of them often. Before I can save them, they scarf em up and eat em.

Alex Jones said that Frontline Advantage chit would make them magnetic. I don’t need that. They already chase cars.

And I believe EVERY THING Alex Jones and Happy Camper and Steve90210 say. I’m always connecting the dots.

Yes dogs get it. Almost all of our dogs have gotten it.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Do dogs get lyme ??

Yes dogs can get Lyme. Hunting buddy lost a setter to it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by Diesel

Lyme, not Lymes.

And doxy is not the only antibiotic.

https://www.columbia-lyme.org/treatment-options

I used to sell Ceftin.

P

Thanks for the link. Good to know the side effects. I saved it. I never heard of Ceftin.

My Doc told me Doxy was the only "effective" antibiotic against Lyme after a 12 day stay in the hospital trying to discover what was wrong with me. Did every test in the hospital (probably padding the bill). I thought I was a goner. None of the tests showed Lyme and I had been on Amoxicillin. He put me on Doxy and in two days all my issues subsided, and I was released. I stayed on it for 30 days. Lyme and anaplasmosis are common in our area.

They never detected Lyme but the House Doctor who released me said the tests were not always revealing and he personally had the same experience as me. I have heard that there can be lingering issues from the disease especially if not caught early enough. I may suffer that fate as my joints, especially my knees, have not been right since.

As a side note the covid tests are not always accurate either.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I’m way over on the left coast. Lyme is practically unheard of here so misdiagnosis is a real threat.

Doctors are people too. Sometimes they have their head up their ass, same as anybody.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My daughter and I both have it. We got it during turkey season a few years back. It is not anything to play with, it has flu like symptoms and can get worse. We both have flair ups every so often. The doctor treats us with doxycycline for 2 - 4 weeks and that crap will make you sick as a dog while taking it sometimes!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do dogs get lyme ??

Yes.
And if I remember right, there is a vaccine for dogs.
The vet feels it's not available for people due to liability and the
expense of getting it approved.

I'm fairly certain he was used it on himself.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
We never got ticks on us in Fall and winter hunting my whole life and now the last ten years you get ticks on you in December. Ticks have clearly evolved to be cold tolerant.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My son and I got it after a trip to PA last year. The doctors in Houston, TX originally thought it was Covid - even though we tested negative. After 5 days they finally figured it out. Neither of us remember getting bit.

Mom got it last month and it put her in the hospital for a week.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I got a half dozen ticks attached to me and more on the dog. This in northern Georgia. In a brochure, the state of Georgia says, " we have Lyme disease but we are not as bad as Massachusetts." I and the dog were tested and both negative.
I worry a bit about tick paralysis here in the Rockies. We have had two dogs which collapsed with it. They recovered at just about the rate they went down, once the tick was removed. If it happened to a person and they couldn't remove the tick, they would simply quit breathing after a while. Not a great way to go, IMO. GD

Last edited by greydog; 07/02/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hate ticks. The guineas are tick eating machines but I was not happy to get another tick bite that turned ugly again. I told my wife I had been spoiling the birds with to many treats... she pointed out that they don't wander more than a few hundred yards from the house and we do.

It's probably pretty tick free close by.... Two down sides to guineas though, they are LOUD and they dig big pits in the yard to dust bath in.... I hate ticks way more than holes in the yard though.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bring in the possums. Reports from somebody, somewhere, stated each possum will eat from 3000 to 4000 per day. Who knows, it might even be right. I have heard that anecdotally multiple times. I just want to know who counted them.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by batch
Bring in the possums. Reports from somebody, somewhere, stated each possum will eat from 3000 to 4000 per day. Who knows, it might even be right. I have heard that anecdotally multiple times. I just want to know who counted them.

That's been refuted.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It's a good thing it was diagnosed and treated early.

My sister (from Wisconsin) got Lyme disease and it went undiagnosed for months while snow birding in Arizona...the doctors there had never seen it. Twenty years later it still gives her grief.

Last edited by CraigD; 07/03/22.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

131 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 23 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,648
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.