Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Sounds like the best long term choice. You really have to watch these dealers for all the charges and added fees. We have an 2019 XP900 and have been happy with it. There are a lot of horror stories on Polaris problems and I still have that in the back of my mind even though we have put over 4500 miles on this one. I like the Polaris Sportsman ATVs but have bought Honda and Suzuki ATVs since the Ranger because I am a little more confident about them.

If you don't mind me asking what city was that in? I have bought from Anderson, Crawfordsville and Terre Haute and the purchases were OK but service has been a disappointment except Crawfordsville. The Rancher I bought was $1600 less in Anderson than Lafayette and the one I bought was Camo on top of that! Both dealers were owned by the same people. The first maintenance required seems to be nothing but a high price oil change for some of the dealer service departments. I have checked mine over after and found they never checked the valves, fluid levels low and stuff like that. You can tell what they have had off and my feeler gauges don't lie.

A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
GB1

G
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by Bowlseye
Sounds like the best long term choice. You really have to watch these dealers for all the charges and added fees. We have an 2019 XP900 and have been happy with it. There are a lot of horror stories on Polaris problems and I still have that in the back of my mind even though we have put over 4500 miles on this one. I like the Polaris Sportsman ATVs but have bought Honda and Suzuki ATVs since the Ranger because I am a little more confident about them.

If you don't mind me asking what city was that in? I have bought from Anderson, Crawfordsville and Terre Haute and the purchases were OK but service has been a disappointment except Crawfordsville. The Rancher I bought was $1600 less in Anderson than Lafayette and the one I bought was Camo on top of that! Both dealers were owned by the same people. The first maintenance required seems to be nothing but a high price oil change for some of the dealer service departments. I have checked mine over after and found they never checked the valves, fluid levels low and stuff like that. You can tell what they have had off and my feeler gauges don't lie.
The place I had the "issues" with was in Charleston, Illinois...I have had good luck with them in the past but was really surprised when they pulled this crap.
I ended up putting the deposit at Terre Haute. Crawfordsville and Lafayette could not get me anything in a Pioneer 1000...said their best guess would be 4-6 months and that was not a guarantee.
Here is the breakdown on the Pioneer 1000-5 Forest at Charleston...MSRP $21299, $3000 ship/destination, $1300 ext warranty(they didn't list this on the sheet but brought it up when I questioned the final price)...sales tax 6.25% = $27198.93 they gave me an out the door price of $28,900...they never did try to explain the additional $1700 except for saying "well, we do have some set up time and all involved". Like I said, I have bought ATV's from them in the past and had real good luck with them but this really got to me.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I traded at Terra Haute and it went quick and easy. It's just a little far and they don't carry much for the Suzuki I got there so I get parts at Dreyer in Indy. If they don't have they get it in a few days. Terra Haute is a big dealer compared to most the others. Weird times compared to 2019 when you had eventory everywhere and deals to be had. May never see that again. Ford just announced the EVs you buy will be ordered not through the dealer but Ford directly. That will carry over to powersports industry I bet.

A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
The Honda's have been hard to get. Sounds like that dealer is trying to jack the price to reflect that. I dont know if that is against their franchise rules or not, but it is a sign of the times these days with lots of merchandise.

The deluxe is a fine choice and you will be very happy with it. I was going to get the model and then add accessories, but the Trail came out so I decided to wait for the Fox suspension. 3 friends have the deluxe and they love it, with varied use from ranch, pleasure, to cross country high desert. Have fun!
Manny

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Honda drive line is better

IC B2

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I picked up our 1000-5 last month, we have about 160 miles on it so far and could not be happier. It shifts extremely smooth and has much better manners then the belt driven machines I have been in. Loads of power and handles wonderful, the power steering is amazing. It took us about 8 months for one to show up at our dealer.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by webbedfeet
I picked up our 1000-5 last month, we have about 160 miles on it so far and could not be happier. It shifts extremely smooth and has much better manners then the belt driven machines I have been in. Loads of power and handles wonderful, the power steering is amazing. It took us about 8 months for one to show up at our dealer.
Glad to hear you are satisfied...I'm still waiting on mine to come in. Was supposed to be late June, but here we are starting into July...just have to wait.

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Having a actual transmission and being shaft driven is what sold us and of course the honda reliability. I am going to put a windshield and roof on it and use it. I am not going to pretend it has the nicest cab like the can am but I am confident it will still be running in ten years. The back seats are alot more comfortable then I ever anticipated even for my 6 feet tall friends. I can't wait for hunting season to use it some more.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

626 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 2,947 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,257
Posts18,467,069
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.