Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Yoder409
What color soup did you make ???

Grandma and Grandpa used to make home made ice cream ALL THE TIME. Always came out like a milkshake. Sadly.......... I much prefer a decent store-bought ice cream to home made ice soup.

When It's about like a milk shake, it only means you've cranked it about as much as you can. So, it is time to pour all of the melted ice out of the mixer, take the top off of the canister seal it with some plastic before forcing the top back on.

Then start layering in rock salt and ice until the canister is completely covered in ice. Then cover the hold thing with a folded drop cloth, tarp or something similar and let it set for at least an hour, more time is better.

Then it is ready to scoop out with the firmness of traditional ice cream. Enjoy!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Nothing like fresh peach or strawberry homeade ice cream.
Some of my favorite ice cream.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If homemade, I prefer plain old vanilla.

Though a dash of teaberry makes it more better.

I do like to put some Hershey's in it sometimes, and around here if ice cream is getting made so is peanut butter sauce. Can't think of the ratios off the top of my head, but it's butter, peanut butter, corn syrup, and brown sugar all heated up and melted together.

MAGA
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
We had a wooden tub Sno Ball. And a lot of kids to sit on top of the bath mat to hold it down while other kids cranked away like crazy. Takes a lot of rock salt to melt the ice to make it cold as possible, then more ice. The church had ice cream suppers with every kind imaginable.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
When I was a kid Mom would get all the fixins together and us kids would take turns hand cranking the Ice Cream maker a couple time a year.
She would put a lot of Rock Salt in the Ice Maker to cool the Ice below freezing as we cranked it.
That Ice Cream sometime would get so hard that we kids could not crank the handle.
We never did get runny Ice Cream always quite firm and real cold.
The best Ice Cream you can get is Home Made.

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Even when you mess up homemade ice cream you've still won.

Ice Cream is kinda like a BJ, some is better than others but even the worst is still really, really good.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here ya' go, Spot. Once you go Andy's, you'll never go back. cool laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
MLC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Well I got one of those Cuisinart ice cream makers…

It said to mix the ingredients and then chill and then do the machine thing…

I didn’t have a hand mixer so I used a hand held food processor thing with a Whisk on it…

OOPS … it frothed / foamed the cream (Put a ton of air in it)…..

When I put it in the machine later it worked but the ice cream came out as airy or fluffy…

Aw hell…

Well try it again soon.

Do this.

Beat two eggs until well beaten. Add 3/4 cup of sugar. Beat until smooth. Add two cups of ice cold heavy cream and one cup of ice cold whole millk. Add the scrape from one whole vanilla bean. Beat well, add to your Cuisinart and let it go.

Make sure that liner has been in the freezer for a minimum of 24 hrs before beginning. It takes a long time to freeze solid.

Thanks, this by far the best recipe yet using the Cuisinart. I guess It was the eggs but it was a lot creamer and didn’t freeze rock hard like the recipe that comes with the Cuisinart that calls for 1 1/8 cup of sugar and 3 cups of heavy cream and 1 cup of whole milk. I did use the vanilla extract though and it was still good.

Any politician who thinks they can fight the evil that has consumed the government is delusional or lying. There is no political solution.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Winston Church
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had home made ice cream cranked from a hit and miss engine, and from a tractor PTO. Wish I had those rigs. Especially a hit and miss.
Hit and miss was popular with Amish for milking, but seems those are getting phased out.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Heck with making it just go buy some Tillamook. Tried it for the first time a couple months ago. It’s right up there in quality. Not sure you could make it that good.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Heck with making it just go buy some Tillamook. Tried it for the first time a couple months ago. It’s right up there in quality. Not sure you could make it that good.

And if you've a TX Roadhouse in your town don't cook your own steak either.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

721 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,144
Posts18,464,915
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.