Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of my favorite all time movies.

I noticed that Paints His Shirt Red was carrying a combination gun. See at 8 minutes 45 seconds

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The movie was good for it's time! Too bad Redford played the part. Since he's about the biggest piece of dog schi tt in movies.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Interesting video, thanks for posting!
Definitely one of my favorites, along with Chuck Heston and Brian Kieth in “The Mountain Men”.
7mm
On that movie set they could no afford to make all of the Mountain man costumes for the Rendezvous encampment.
Someone on the set mentioned they knew people that went to Rendezvous camps and looked one up If I remember right they went up to ether Washington or Oregon and paid for and advertised a Rendezvous camp get together and the Mountain Man all came in for the free camp with their own outfits.
Heston was reported to stay after the movie shoots for the day were completed and Partied all night with the Paid Volunteers to the movie.

I met some of those guys that Partied with Heston on the Movie shoot they said that he was a real guy and not just an actor they all like Kieth as well but they partied hard with Heston. They all said that it was one of the funnest camps that they had ever been to.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by luv2safari
One of my favorite all time movies.

I noticed that Paints His Shirt Red was carrying a combination gun. See at 8 minutes 45 seconds

I believe they are called a paradox gun...one rifled barrel, and the other, a smooth bore (birdshot) barrel.

Last edited by org_Rogue_Hunter; 07/03/22.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by Huntz
Great Movie.I watch movies for entertainment.If the movies theme trips my trigger I watch it.I really could give a f u c k what an actors politics are.If you don`t watch movies because of politics,that`s your choice.I don`t give a f u c k about that either.
Nothing like taking a stand...
On a movie made 50 years ago?

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Heym06
The movie was good for it's time! Too bad Redford played the part. Since he's about the biggest piece of dog schi tt in movies.
If her gonna get pissed at somebody, Redford ain't the target. I envy his hair at an advanced age. Hope I keep mine. At this stage fairly likey

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by Heym06
If her gonna get pissed at somebody, Redford ain't the target. I envy his hair at an advanced age. Hope I keep mine. At this stage fairly likey

Watch your topknot

Watch your'n

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Once Upon a Time in the West....Henry Fonda,Charles Bronson, Jason Robards, Claudia Cardinale, Jack Elam.....one of the best I have ever seen. Still watch it when I can and never gets old after 52 years.....1968.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Love the movie. Wish i coulda lived that way everytime I see it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great Movie.I watch movies for entertainment.If the movies theme trips my trigger I watch it.I really could give a f u c k what an actors politics are.If you don`t watch movies because of politics,that`s your choice.I don`t give a f u c k about that either.

BUT:

Since the NFL supports BLM with cash donations .I have no use for them.Since The Players who kneel during the Anthem and their owners do nothing about it.I have no use for them.Since they are overpaid spoiled individuals who have been catered to for most of their life.I have no use for them.This would not have been put up during the Lombardi era.All participating would have been chit canned.JMHO,Huntz

The hypocrisy of a democrat.

You and varmintgal should be besties.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SKane

BUT:

Since the NFL supports BLM with cash donations .I have no use for them.Since The Players who kneel during the Anthem and their owners do nothing about it.I have no use for them.Since they are overpaid spoiled individuals who have been catered to for most of their life.I have no use for them.This would not have been put up during the Lombardi era.All participating would have been chit canned.JMHO,Huntz

[Linked Image from thumbs.gfycat.com]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
laugh

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Great movie!

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by lastround
John “Jeremiah Johnson” Johnston in the later years of his life was the town marshal of Red Lodge, Montana. He built and lived in a log cabin just outside of Red Lodge. The cabin he built sits to this day in a conspicuous spot as one enters Red Lodge.

Well, maybe up until a few weeks ago….

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
For sure, a great movie. We have the DVD. We also enjoy Redford in Three Days of the Condor. No other movies of him in our collection.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I took De Niro and Tom Hanks off my list on account of De Niro’s hatred for Trump and Hanks love of Zero. I sorta suspect both of pedophilia, due to this.
I won’t watch anything by either actor on purpose, although I do own a copy of “Road To Perdition”. (I’ve had it for years, and love Paul Newman)
Redford’s politics never came to my attention. At least he’s sensible enough to keep his mouth shut nationally.
And yes, I have “Jeremiah Johnson”, “The Sting”, and “Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid”, but like I said, I’m a Newman fan.
Over the years, I’ve amassed quite a little pile of movie DVDs.
Mostly old Westerns, Duke, Jimmy Stewart, Fonda and Glenn Ford are all strongly represented.
Also quite a few of Chuck Heston, “Omega Man” Soylent Green” all the “Planet Of The Apes”, and a few Westerns.
Stewart and Fonda were great friends, in spite of Politics, Stewart a stanch conservative and Fonda leaning liberal. By mutual agreement, both avoided political discussion, and the friendship went on.
We could all take a lesson here.
Sorry for the tangent.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

BUT:

[Linked Image from thumbs.gfycat.com]

smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
One of the classic clips.....

- Rogue
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

BUT:

You are f u c k e d in the head.Two different things.The groids kneeling were disrespecting the Flag.Same Flag I served for.Have you done anything for your country?

Last edited by Huntz; 07/05/22.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RogueHunter
One of the classic clips.....

Great video!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 16 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.