-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yes, this is the new RemArms Remington 870 Wingmaster. Looks pretty good except for that thick recoil pad.

https://ammoandarmsstore.com/r26927/

I'm trying to find any online reviews with photos but doesn't appear there are any, yet.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 07/03/22.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
I haven't had the chance to handle a new Wingmaster but the new 700 BDL is very nice. Good fit , finish, bluing is nice and wood to metal fit is spot on. Looks really good. If the 870 is similar it will be a nice shotgun

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I've had a chance to handle the new ADLs and the SPS synthetics. The finish, while still matte, looks better than it used to look. Smoother, maybe. The bolts slide smoothly, too.

Maybe the new owners are going to do it right.

I've got my eye out for this:

REMINGTON 870 FIELDMASTER 12 GAUGE PUMP 20" FULLY RIFLED
https://ammoandarmsstore.com/r68866/

I may go ahead and buy one when it becomes available. It looks a lot like my old Remington 870 Special Purpose deer. That gun was not an Express. It was a matte finished 870 with a walnut stock that had a rifled choke tube. That was a great gun. Another gun in a long list of guns I stupidly sold.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I've had a chance to handle the new ADLs and the SPS synthetics. The finish, while still matte, looks better than it used to look. Smoother, maybe. The bolts slide smoothly, too.

Maybe the new owners are going to do it right.

I've got my eye out for this:

REMINGTON 870 FIELDMASTER 12 GAUGE PUMP 20" FULLY RIFLED
https://ammoandarmsstore.com/r68866/

I may go ahead and buy one when it becomes available. It looks a lot like my old Remington 870 Special Purpose deer. That gun was not an Express. It was a matte finished 870 with a walnut stock that had a rifled choke tube. That was a great gun. Another gun in a long list of guns I stupidly sold.
Friend of mine picked up one of the Fieldmaster 870s . He likes it and i shot it a few times. Handled like an 870 , definitely a step up from the Express guns.

I remember those special purpose 870s . I had a couple myself. Bringing pretty decent money now. All you needed in a hunting gun though

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Damn! I was looking so forward to these becoming available but that SUPER THICK recoil pad looks like chit! Now i dont even want one anymore, maybe I will just get a Fieldmaster instead...Damnit!!...Hb

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks nice. The Fieldmaster I saw was better than an Express, but still had the plastic guard and the stock looked dull and muddy. Would work well for turkeys without a bunch of dip or paint, which I have a hard time loving.

What fresh Hell is this?
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I want the 870 Fieldmaster 20 gauge with the short barrel.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have not seen the Wingmaster yet, but have seen and handled the Fieldmasters, (but have not shot one). I will agree that they do feel and look better than the old Express shotguns.
I can get by the thick recoil pad as the old Wingmaster's pads were about as soft as a brick. Unless the stock is too short, a recoil pad swap is not a hard thing to do and you can put the pad of choice on. I really like the Kick-eez pads myself

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My preference would be a matte finish on the wood, vs that shiny gloss. Great shotgun and glad they’re being made again.

NRA Patron
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
For those who like them overdressed....For myself, there are 10 million of them out there, so I can't get excited of the same/same coming back on line.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Last edited by battue; 07/13/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by battue
For those who like them overdressed....For myself, there are 10 million of them out there, so I can't get excited of the same/same coming back on line.

Now, that is kind of funny. I'll take my left hand 870 wingmaster made in the 70's over that any day of the week. The new one that someone posted a pic of is pretty ugly as well.. I run across old wingmasters from the 70's and 80's from time to time. Kind of regret not buying the 20 gauge that looked like new for $400 when I was at a new found gunshop last month. The last right hander I bought cost me $280.00... That was 2 years ago:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Made in '79

Sold it last year on gb, for a little more than I paid for it (wink wink)... IF I really wanted or needed a Wingmaster, I'd look for an older one. That may just be me though..

I've always been a fan of the 870 Wingmaster. Have had a few Express models and never cold quite warm up to them. The "duck hunting" shotgun on the left in this picture paid for itself 2x the first weekend I took it to the local trap range:
That lefty is a money maker^^^ I pulled the fancy wood off and put the camo synthetics on purposefully.. Fun stepping in between 2 guys carrying Perazzis on the Annie line.. Even funner when you shoot them both out on the same bird.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by battue

Now, that is kind of funny. I'll take my left hand 870 wingmaster made in the 70's over that any day of the week. The new one that someone posted a pic of is pretty ugly as well.. I run across old wingmasters from the 70's and 80's from time to time. Kind of regret not buying the 20 gauge that looked like new for $400 when I was at a new found gunshop last month. The last right hander I bought cost me $280.00... That was 2 years ago:
Made in '79

Sold it last year on gb, for a little more than I paid for it (wink wink)... IF I really wanted or needed a Wingmaster, I'd look for an older one. That may just be me though..

I've always been a fan of the 870 Wingmaster. Have had a few Express models and never cold quite warm up to them. The "duck hunting" shotgun on the left in this picture paid for itself 2x the first weekend I took it to the local trap range:
That lefty is a money maker^^^ I pulled the fancy wood off and put the camo synthetics on purposefully.. Fun stepping in between 2 guys carrying Perazzis on the Annie line.. Even funner when you shoot them both out on the same bird.
The guy to the right of you shot himself out? Love it when they do that. I like breaking birds a foot or so off the ground. Makes the guys on the right itchy to pull the trigger and guys on the left feel safe.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Seldom getting around to shotgun forums as primarily rifle guy. But have a couple of 870 models and the Browning "BPS" - model name as I recall. "Upland game" and sweet gun.

As BSA above says, lots of 870's out there.
My take that Remington, the firm needs many of you all to buy their guns and test the guns and the Firm's worth. I'll hold. Glad I did a few years back! Plenty of room in the 'gently used' market. I don't need a new Remington to feed some "holding firm's" profits and another bankruptcy! Fooling all the buyers, all the time! For sure!
Best!
John

Last edited by iskra; 08/20/22.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Looking for a Wingmaster 20 gauge in 26” barrel with chokes…..have a early 90’s in 12 gauge that use for dove hunting. That 20 gauge about 6 lb. I believe and handles and points well. Keeping my eye open for a not new one, but not one been used a lot.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 12 invisible), 1,147 guests, and 788 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,238
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.