Yeah, really, really nice.

GB1

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I bet the only gripe you’ll have is the safety is stiff.

Either cut a couple of coils or order a lighter detent spring.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
You'll love it!

Love my CCO. Looks almost identical. It's a great shooter.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Nice. Hasbeen
Come one now. The 1911 has been around for a long long time, but it's far from a hasbeen.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TWR

Likely a fluke, but Hickok45's had an issue with failure to lock back after the last round. He even sent it back for that, and it returned to him with the problem still there.

Ultimately, he bought a new Wilson Combat slide lock, and that fixed the issue.

PS His was the Dan Wesson Guardian, Commander sized.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Very nice! Congrats.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by TWR

Likely a fluke, but Hickok45's had an issue with failure to lock back after the last round. He even sent it back for that, and it returned to him with the problem still there.

I bought two of these in 9mm, one just out of the 500 round “break in” and the other never fired. I shot the used one and the safety was somewhat stiff but everything worked. I finally sold that one and started breaking in the new one. It wouldn’t lock back on last round and the safety was very stiff. I checked around and it’s a common problem, DW recommends working the safety several times but most people said to just order a new spring and detents or cut a couple of coils. I cut the spring and the safety worked fine while retaining positive clicks and the gun locks back now like it should.

Each part is intentionally fitted tight but they do have a reduced power spring as it’s a common problem. Why they don’t correct the problem from the start is beyond me.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by TWR

I bought two of these in 9mm, one just out of the 500 round “break in” and the other never fired. I shot the used one and the safety was somewhat stiff but everything worked. I finally sold that one and started breaking in the new one. It wouldn’t lock back on last round and the safety was very stiff. I checked around and it’s a common problem, DW recommends working the safety several times but most people said to just order a new spring and detents or cut a couple of coils. I cut the spring and the safety worked fine while retaining positive clicks and the gun locks back now like it should.

Each part is intentionally fitted tight but they do have a reduced power spring as it’s a common problem. Why they don’t correct the problem from the start is beyond me.

This seems to be an issue with 9mm 1911s, here's a link to fix it. I have two 1911 9mms and both of them were a PITA to re-insert the slide stop. This'll fix that, and make life easier. It will also keep away any chances of the "idiot scratch".
https://www.1911forum.com/threads/idiot-scratch-proof.214653/unread

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
The DW already has the cut.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by TWR; 07/03/22.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damn, that's double NICE, beautiful! Congrats MOGC, i fire the big fat squishy 230gr Gold Dots in my Commander, that and FMJ flat points, both handloaded to around 950, great combos imho.

Trump Won!
IC B3

MOGC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Gunner. I have a little stash of the old Winchester Ranger T 230 gr. +P that should get to around 900 fps from the 4.25" barrel. If they run reliably and are accurate enough they are going in the magazine. I have shot a few deer, one hog and several feral dog/cats and they did an excellent job.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by MOGC
Thanks Gunner. I have a little stash of the old Winchester Ranger T 230 gr. +P that should get to around 900 fps from the 4.25" barrel. If they run reliably and are accurate enough they are going in the magazine. I have shot a few deer, one hog and several feral dog/cats and they did an excellent job.

You're most welcome MOGC, and that'll work man, you're going to have a blast with that pistol, i'll make a prediction that it'll become a favorite that will live for life with You ; ]

Trump Won!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by TWR

Not a fluke. I have 3 DW 1911s and they all had the same problem. The detent spring for the safety and slide stop is very stiff. I replaced the spring in all 3 and the problem disappeared.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Originally Posted by TWR

Not a fluke. I have 3 DW 1911s and they all had the same problem. The detent spring for the safety and slide stop is very stiff. I replaced the spring in all 3 and the problem disappeared.
I bet Hickock45 would like to have that information.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Vury, vury nahce!

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Originally Posted by TWR

I bet Hickock45 would like to have that information.

The first one I changed out, the amount of pressure built up in that spring really caught me off guard. That detent hit me right on the tip of the nose at about mach 3.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

470 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,328 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,831
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.