Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
RinB Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
More info please…recent buffalo rodeo

I heard a client was killed by a buffalo and the PH injured in SA either Limpopo or Northwest Province. Occurred within the last few days. They were trailing a wounded bull.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Hence the name " Dangerous Game"

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
tag

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
A proper bullet, a 350 gr TSX, via a proper round and rifle, a M70 416 Remington stunned this bull at 130 yards. One step and a finisher.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RinB
More info please…recent buffalo rodeo

I heard a client was killed by a buffalo and the PH injured in SA either Limpopo or Northwest Province. Occurred within the last few days. They were trailing a wounded bull.

Occasionally one will take an inordinate amount of killing. eek

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Is any shot really fatal on those runaway freight trains! I have a recorded segment of "Tracks Across Africa" where a client put's a "fatal" shot into a bull broadside at 25 yds, then the second shot blows the heart to pieces a couple of seconds later. Then the bull runs out of sight except for it's feet. Then it decides to charge! He shoots it the face at 3 feet, head on with the 3 rd shot, all of these with his 416 & 450 gr bullets. Then it knocks him over & the PH shoots it with his double rifle as it throws another guy 6-8 feet in the air.
Then the PH gives it another one as it goes on by, then it goes down about 25 yds farther away, it's an incredible sequence in a very short time.

Dick

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
That I would like to see.

The way life should be.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good buffalo Ed. Love your rifle!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I once shot a mule deer at close range several times. It would not go down. It was in heavy bush and I believed it was wounded by my friend. I wanted to end the chase then and there, so I shot till it dropped. Branches were flying all over, but the deer was hit each time, just not necessarily where I was aiming.

Game sometimes cling to life where by all indicators they should be dead.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
tag

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Buffalo, up close and personal..[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
The first one I killed dropped and died in it’s tracks. It was feeding undisturbed facing us head on about 35 yards away with his head up trying to wind us. PH whispered to shoot him at the base of the neck when he dropped his head to feed. I waited a few minutes then killed him. This the first hour of a hunt in the Selous and we were back in camp 30 minutes later. I had 2 on license and he had a friend that just stood around staring at his dead buddy. PH said shoot him too if you want but I declined. Didn’t want to end my hunt 45 minutes in. Gave me a false impression of how easy buffalo hunting was. The next 4 took a lot more work and one determined charge, although badly wounded, took a bullet up the snout to finish.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Two hits with a 416 Rigby had him down for good.

This one took only one across the right front leg, on into the heart.

The one that got me was the other hunter's bull and took a bunch of killing.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Those old timers that hunted them with muzzleloaders had huge gonads.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Idaho1945
Is any shot really fatal on those runaway freight trains! I have a recorded segment of "Tracks Across Africa" where a client put's a "fatal" shot into a bull broadside at 25 yds, then the second shot blows the heart to pieces a couple of seconds later. Then the bull runs out of sight except for it's feet. Then it decides to charge! He shoots it the face at 3 feet, head on with the 3 rd shot, all of these with his 416 & 450 gr bullets. Then it knocks him over & the PH shoots it with his double rifle as it throws another guy 6-8 feet in the air.
Then the PH gives it another one as it goes on by, then it goes down about 25 yds farther away, it's an incredible sequence in a very short time.

Dick
I saw that segment. Seemed like everyone did everything right and they still got jammed up. If I remember the hunter had a serious shoulder surgery after.

Home Of The Mollies
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shot a NW Red Buffalo in Cameroon, right thru the lungs with a solid. Went into the long grass to die, but not fast enough. As we went in to sort him out, he had enough fight in him for a weak charge. Hired our tracker in the thigh before he went out- with a bang so to speak.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Buffalo, up close and personal..[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Nice!

Let me know when you’re ready for a repeat!!💪

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
This is a gorgeous Dugga Boy! Congrats!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Condolences, of course, to the De Bruyn family.

Article said “..killed instantly.”

…and I’ve gotta somehow envy a man who gets to go out like that - what a thrill.

I mean, Buff charge vs nursing home…😜

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 50 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,490
Posts18,452,094
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.