Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Nick's Boots run $500-$565 from the quick glance I took.

Medics bury their mistakes..
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I always liked my Whites over the one pair of wescos I had . That being said, I don't do much manual labor now and am in the pickup almost all day.... I ordered a custom pair of Russell's that will hopefully be here in the next couple weeks.... I'm a sucker for high quality boots.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I love my Whites, have a pair of the Packers and a pair of the Farmer/Ranchers. They are a bit spendy but well worth the bucks if you wear them a lot. I've sent both pair in for rebuilding. Grease them up and keep them on boot dryers and you'll love them. JMHO

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Very cool vid.

Bet those folks have a grip like a bear trap. Wouldn't want to arm wrestle even with the ladies that work there.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
I checked out the little that can be seen on how Wesco makes their boots. Looks like they have a few more machines involved.

Back in 97 I bought a pair of Vasque hiking boots when they were still made in Italy. I’ve had them resoled once. The leather is abused and worn down and the lining leather worn through. I paid just under 200$ then and feel I’ve gotten my money out of them. November will be 25 years.

Based on that experience and the obvious jump in quality and craftsmanship in these boots compared to the Vasque I may start saving up.

So far besides Nick’s Russel, White’s, Wesco have been mentioned. What other American handmade boots are in the running?

IC B2

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by slugflinger
Very cool vid.

Bet those folks have a grip like a bear trap. Wouldn't want to arm wrestle even with the ladies that work there.

One of those girls latch onto ya and ya ain’t gonna get away.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by slugflinger
Very cool vid.

One of those girls latch onto ya and ya ain’t gonna get away.

Ha ha! Yep, you're hers 'till she's done with you.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Franks. Spokane WA

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That was excellent!! I wanted to know more about the company so I watched the "About Us" video:

I have always been a Danner stitchdown sole customer. I think that will change with Danner's prices going up and more options moving overseas. Thanks for posting this. Props to the guy that bought Nicks and making it an American success story. He took care of the employees first.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've come to the conclusion that I would much rather spend twice as much money on American/Canadian made cowboy boots versus foreign made chit.

Anderson Bean makes a decent boot.

IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I’ve been looking for a pair of good boots for awhile, but reading through this thread I’ve come to realize I’m a complete piker.

For me a pair of Doc Martens Winch ST boots would be a big step up. Hats off to y’all that live and die on your feet!

Last edited by Dumdum; 07/04/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had a couple pairs of boots made for me by Russell Moccasin. No complaints.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I've come to the conclusion that I would much rather spend twice as much money on American/Canadian made cowboy boots versus foreign made chit.

Anderson Bean makes a decent boot.

I like AB’s.

Anderson Bean, Rios of Mercedes’s and Olathe are the same bunch.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, my dad is a fan of Olathe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Yep, my dad is a fan of Olathe.

Seems are the Olathe models have the Stirrup heel (slanted) ?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm a forester and wear a pair of JK Boots every day during the work week. Up and down and over all sorts of different terrain any given day. Same build quality and style as Nick's or Whites. I've had them 2 years now, still plenty of life left before a rebuild. Break in was a pain, but now they are the most comfortable pair of footwear I own. I chose JK over Nick's and Frank's. I liked their customer service and the build time was quicker. Plus they use a little heavier duty leather and have more build options.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got a pair of handmade ML Leddy's setting in my closet.
Bought them about 20 years ago. $600
Seldom wear them.
In 2021, I had surgery to lock my ankle in place.

I'm scared to try them on now! 😥

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Resoling a pair of AB.

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JK, Franks, Nicks, Hoffman, Whites....I have them all and they all are great. The first two are very small spin offs from the Nicks and Whites that made their own way... all are great quality.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 16penny, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,222 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,208
Posts18,466,122
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.