Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Besides my normal convalescing, I have been nursing a bum left arm since I left the hospital. They had IVs going in both forearms. The line on the left became a hot mess shortly before my discharge. It continued to hurt after I got out, and it turned nasty. Right now, it's hot, swollen, red, and extremely painful.

I finally threw in the towel and went back to the ER this AM. Morphine has not been able to touch the pain. They've tried several anti-biotics before admitting me. I'll be in a couple of days while they get on top of the problem.

The good news is that I could send 'HillChick out for Popeye's for dinner. I'm not limited to the slop from the food service. After she leaves, I've got a penthouse view stretching from Dayton Ohio out to the Indiana line. There are bound to be some good fireworks displays.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Hope they get the issue with your arm relieved, hang in there man. Wishing you the best.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You always see the best in everything Shaman! Speaks volumes. You get better and get your butt back home. Glad you went in to get treated! Godspeed.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by shaman
Besides my normal convalescing, I have been nursing a bum left arm since I left the hospital. They had IVs going in both forearms. The line on the left became a hot mess shortly before my discharge. It continued to hurt after I got out, and it turned nasty. Right now, it's hot, swollen, red, and extremely painful.

I finally threw in the towel and went back to the ER this AM. Morphine has not been able to touch the pain. They've tried several anti-biotics before admitting me. I'll be in a couple of days while they get on top of the problem.

The good news is that I could send 'HillChick out for Popeye's for dinner. I'm not limited to the slop from the food service. After she leaves, I've got a penthouse view stretching from Dayton Ohio out to the Indiana line. There are bound to be some good fireworks displays.

Sloan-Kettering Hospital?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Be well brother.
Just a little bump in the road again.
You'll be back to your normal routine in no time.
I'd come visit just to chat if I were closer.
Your angel is with you.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The good news, the antibiotics should clear up any lingering social diseases from your youth.

Silver lining.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hang on friend.
Prayers for a short stay and quick return home.

shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by joken2
[

Sloan-Kettering Hospital?

I'm at U.C. Westchester, close to Mason. My view is to the north and west.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Best wishes on this new problem!!

Retired cat herder.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Hang in there brother, I know it sucks. They'll have you fixed up in no time.

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Shaman,

Prayers lifted. Sorry to hear about your situation. But, not surprised. I've had two significant surgeries in the past two years. And had a "Do Over" on both of them. Hang in there. You will overcome.

Take care...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You’re the definition of perseverance.
Heal up quick Shaman.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You’re always in my prayers and while I don’t always comment on your threads I do follow them as I continue to send good vibes your way.

You have a FANTASTIC attitude. I don’t think there’s anything that you can’t overcome…..your attitude is inspiring.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Praying for your complete recovery. Hang in there.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Godbless you. You’ll beat this easily tooo

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayers for healing and better days ahead and soon. Stay strong, hang on, persevere. Love your positive attitude.

shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Early this AM, I was awakened by deep itching in my forearm, That sure beats intense pain. It looks like the infection got bested. Indeed, the arm is beginning to return to normal. I still have some redness and pain by the wrist, but nothing like what it was.

The fireworks last night were cool. They stretched out into the distance. One display was only a couple of miles off, but I could see little pinpoints of light clear to the horizon.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Great news Shaman, Keep on keeping on, you'll kick it's ass.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Glad to hear your arm is healing..stay strong..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I am familiar with those iV burns. They change mine out every other day, the vein plays out.

Start one iV at the hand and work up the arms toward the elbow. Arms black and blew after a week.

I had one iV started started to blow out the expected morning they were to release me. Hospital policy requires you have a functioning iv until youre rolling out the room in a wheelchair.
Yup, they sent the team to come place another one. 😱

I usually require “IV Specialty” come up from another floor to do me. After 2 or 3 floor nurses take a stab at it. I’m always a hard stick

IV Specialty is usually some 79 year old lady with shaky hands and ant burner glasses. If not her, it’s the 333 lb Puerto Rican guy with the Winnie The Pooh neck tie and 5X lab coat Oh swell

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 70 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,681
Posts18,456,303
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.