Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I live on a cul de sac street and have been here 30 years this month. I know by sight who lives on this street. Don't know their names, don't particularly dislike any of them but don't really want to be buddy buddy either. Every body seems to get along this way. OK by me.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by dpd
Originally Posted by ReedsRebel
Bought the house next to me my only neighbor. Him and her are go getters. They are the same age as my kids mid 30’s. She ignores everthing lol. Been 3 months ha. Ive talked to him twice for a minute, she stares at the concrete if I’m out and about. They got 3 kids 2 hers one themself married. I been told they are great peeps from what i see they work really hard trying to do it right, trying to raise a family today. I mowed his grass the first time after asking him he had a dead push mower at the time now his real mower is there a nice zero turn.

Ive lived next to boomers for 24 yrs here. This guy gets it and his wife, they are doing it right all is not lost.

Why does she stare at the concrete when your out and about ?
Maybe he walks around outside naked?

all jokes aside, some women simply don't talk to men unless their husband is present.
Many possible reasons for this.
For some, it's just an old school (really way back) way.
For some, it's jealousy issues of husband.
For some, it's past experiences of hers from encounters with men.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Single family residences around here aren't the problem. Most people that own their homes keep to themselves. It's the rent houses that you have to watch out for.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lived here 7 years.

Sorta talked to/know the guy behind me. He's former Navy nuke. Previous owner of my house let him keep his motorcycle in the garage till it sold. Came over day 1 to let me know he'd snag it up shortly. We wave rarely while mowing.

Met the guy across the street for the first time a few weeks ago - watching the weather come in with some NASTY storms we had.

That's it. Neighbors and as deep as I want to know them. I know people that drive by and live blocks away better.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
Originally Posted by dpd
Bought the house next to me my only neighbor. Him and her are go getters. They are the same age as my kids mid 30’s. She ignores everthing lol. Been 3 months ha. Ive talked to him twice for a minute, she stares at the concrete if I’m out and about. They got 3 kids 2 hers one themself married. I been told they are great peeps from what i see they work really hard trying to do it right, trying to raise a family today. I mowed his grass the first time after asking him he had a dead push mower at the time now his real mower is there a nice zero turn.

Ive lived next to boomers for 24 yrs here. This guy gets it and his wife, they are doing it right all is not lost.

Why does she stare at the concrete when your out and about ?
Maybe he walks around outside naked?

Could be. I used to wear swim trunks and cowboy boots doing yard work. Mostly just to embarrass the kids.

It worked, 100% of the time, every time. wink

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My neighbors are on meth and pills and beat the hell out of each other at least twice a month. Spin tires, sling gravel, drop a wheel off into the septic tank, random gunfire at 2:13 AM.

But they don’t bother me

Still wouldn’t trade it for a “condo” or HOA or some other fág type arrangement even some on here live in. Like can’t hang a deer in the front yard. Yeah right

Now there is a Florida family 1/4 mile down. They have a passel of strange kids from Neptune and Uranus that graze thru my mailbox and flip me off when they see me. LOL They run from my white windowless Econoline tho

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
But Slumlord!!!!

What about your property values??????

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I’m a nice enough fella, good looks and upstanding character speak well for property values too

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
I’m a nice enough fella, good looks and upstanding character speak well for property values too

HA! That's not you. That's Ed Gein. I've seen your garden tho, you and Ed are brothers from another farmer.

Me

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

Howdy neighbor!

[Linked Image from prod.static9.net.au]

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We only have one neighbor who is semi-close to our house.
She's a 300 lb. ol gal who wears a muumuu everyday. She lives by herself so we keep an eye on her. Which isn't hard to do being that she weighs as much as a small whale.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by RUM7
We only have one neighbor who is semi-close to our house.
She's a 300 lb. ol gal who wears a muumuu everyday. She lives by herself so we keep an eye on her. Which isn't hard to do being that she weighs as much as a small whale.

If you ever get to feeling sugary out mowing your yard, I bet she has a box or two of Little Debbies in there.

She'll probably give you one of the Oatmeal Raisin Pies though.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I thought this was going to be about John Deere girl.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I thought this was going to be about John Deere girl.

When my neighbor takes a pic with her John Deere, you can't see the John Deere.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffA

They just ain't been there long enough yet, give'um time, their hiding something.

Witness Protection.

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
There will be new neighbor on Thurs. Single guy that lives next door now, tells me a single woman with no kids in her 30's bought his place. Has zero concept of home ownership. He offered her the riding mower and snow blower, both for 1k. She turned it down. 3 acres to mow with a 50'x100' driveway to plow snow. She gonna regret not snapping them up.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by prplbkrr
There will be new neighbor on Thurs. Single guy that lives next door now, tells me a single woman with no kids in her 30's bought his place. Has zero concept of home ownership. He offered her the riding mower and snow blower, both for 1k. She turned it down. 3 acres to mow with a 50'x100' driveway to plow snow. She gonna regret not snapping them up.

Dummm.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sucks to be you guys. I had a bad neighbor for years. Actually it was one bad one after another. But, I have a great one now, and he is much appreciated. He’s about 250 yards away, and I like that too.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by prplbkrr

Sounds like she is most likely equipped to provide services in exchange for mowing and snowplowing needs.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My neighbors are on meth and pills and beat the hell out of each other at least twice a month. Spin tires, sling gravel, drop a wheel off into the septic tank, random gunfire at 2:13 AM.

But they don’t bother me

Still wouldn’t trade it for a “condo” or HOA or some other fág type arrangement even some on here live in. Like can’t hang a deer in the front yard. Yeah right

Now there is a Florida family 1/4 mile down. They have a passel of strange kids from Neptune and Uranus that graze thru my mailbox and flip me off when they see me. LOL They run from my white windowless Econoline tho

Take the muffler off the Econoline like I did my old F250 if you want to see running, when you kick it down a gear.

😊😂

Last edited by local_dirt; 07/05/22.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 53 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.