Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Anymore the lines at the self-checkout lanes at the local Super Walmart here have been as long and sometimes longer than the regular checkout lanes with live cashiers, and even longer on EBT card refill days.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by wade brown
During the lockdown I had ordered 50 pounds of bread flour for a curbside pickup at WalMart. When I went to pick it up the person on the phone said they could not bring it out to the curb because they were only doing that with food products. I asked the young lady what was flour classified as, she was adamant that they could not bring it out. I asked/demanded to talk to her supervisor and explained maybe my family was strange but we treat flour as a food product, I was not sure what the majority of walmart shoppers treated it as but to us it was food.

I got the flour delivered to my car 10 minutes later.

Rolling fat chicks in?😂

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Do the online store pick up outside

Don't have to deal with the bozzo checkers inside
That’s what the self check is for. Quicker, too.

Self check is for free stuff - I may forget or neglect to scan everything properly..they can't expect me to be an expert at scanning at Walmart when they've given me no training and they're not paying me.
It's my employee discount!!

Then they want to check your receipt for your work, scanning YOUR items, I just walk on by because they have no legal right to detain you. even if you were truly shop lifting.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wade brown
During the lockdown I had ordered 50 pounds of bread flour for a curbside pickup at WalMart. When I went to pick it up the person on the phone said they could not bring it out to the curb because they were only doing that with food products. I asked the young lady what was flour classified as, she was adamant that they could not bring it out. I asked/demanded to talk to her supervisor and explained maybe my family was strange but we treat flour as a food product, I was not sure what the majority of walmart shoppers treated it as but to us it was food.

I got the flour delivered to my car 10 minutes later.
If it's bleached white flour, it's wallpaper paste, not food.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I shop walmart.......1-2 times month

Or people having family reunions in aisle 46

They bring it outside to meet you

Actually works well

I never have and don't plan to ever use Walmart's or for that matter any other store's 'order on line - pick up outside' service for our groceries -- specifically food -- and especially not fresh meat, dairy, fresh produce / fruit and food that must be kept cold/frozen. Why? Because I think it's a pretty safe bet that the order pullers grab the easiest and closest items and move on to pulling the next online order with no regard to quality, condition, expiration dates, damaged packaging, etc., etc., then it sits for Lord only knows how long until another store 'associate' can bring it to your vehicle.

As always, ...YMMV

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Hancock27
Originally Posted by ironbender

That’s what the self check is for. Quicker, too.

Self check is for free stuff - I may forget or neglect to scan everything properly..they can't expect me to be an expert at scanning at Walmart when they've given me no training and they're not paying me.
It's my employee discount!!

Then they want to check your receipt for your work, scanning YOUR items, I just walk on by because they have no legal right to detain you. even if you were truly shop lifting.

And you would be wrong, and possibly charged for not allowing them to review your receipt and merchandise. It all depends upon your states laws with regard to Shopkeepers Privilege. Each state is different, so make sure you check yours out.....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by joken2
Anymore the lines at the self-checkout lanes at the local Super Walmart here have been as long and sometimes longer than the regular checkout lanes with live cashiers, and even longer on EBT card refill days.

the online order/pick up works well

Cold/frozen bagged together

My only gripe would be the fresh produce selection

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
We just got a Walmart delivery to the door. Say what you will that's, innovative service especially beneficial to poor, disabled, or elderly - or just damn lazy like us! It also offers some gig type opportunities for car owners to pick up a few extra bucks. I talked to a lot of the pickers for outside pickup and they seem engaged and somewhat challenged, in a good way, being the articulated human robot end of some pretty clever computer automation. I couldn't fill 8 individual order baskets without getting lost, frustrated or confused. But I can't follow instructions period! Wally is doing away with employees altogether eventually, if they can. Nothing is getting cheaper anytime soon if ever. The FED makes sure of that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Self checkout doesn't save them money - it costs them a great deal because of thieves like Hancock27.

Just yesterday, I went up to a self-check machine and there was a payment due total displayed. That means that previous low-life went through the motions of scanning stuff and then just walked off with it all. I alerted the poor woman who was monitoring the machines, and she mumbled something like "another one." I hope that those workers don't get dinged for not catching thieves.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Self checkout doesn't save them money - it costs them a great deal because of thieves like Hancock27.

Just yesterday, I went up to a self-check machine and there was a payment due total displayed. That means that previous low-life went through the motions of scanning stuff and then just walked off with it all. I alerted the poor woman who was monitoring the machines, and she mumbled something like "another one." I hope that those workers don't get dinged for not catching thieves.

Karma can be a biottch

I'm a believer

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
In Hiawatha??? They must be importing them

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Is that hair hanging out where his pants are posed to be...wtf?
LOL
Beaverton, OR is all the link says

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
In Hiawatha??? They must be importing them
Yep, saw em Saturday afternoon.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by slumlord
Night After the Roxbury

Cool, but I like the shuffle dance version

Well you need to Google the 4.5 minute version with Sven Otten one dancing fool...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

They caught a guy a couple years ago at the Home Depot here. He'd cut the UPC off of some item worth $7 or $8 and had it hidden in his hand. When he scanned a big item, he'd slip it under the scanner. He'd rung up maybe $2000 worth of tools when the computer flagged it because he used the same UPC each time. If he'd used some smarts, he'd likely have gotten away with it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Don’t really feel
Sorry for them they are asking for it. Sadly we all pay the price to cover the losses

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I will take the weirdos over the overweight boomer and his blue haired wife trying to figure out how to scan 4 bananas and then writing a check.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Darth Vader was at my Walmart this week

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I read this AM, in the ABQ Journal, where some soul in ABQ shot himself, in a Target parking lot.
God help me, but the first thought through my feeble brain was -
OMG, poor sucker went in, they didn't have what he needed - and he thought "Damn, now I have to go to Wally World!!!"

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (44mc, 7887mm08, Akhutr, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, 12 invisible), 1,580 guests, and 842 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,234
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.