Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
2 massive wind projects on BLM land are seeking approval in so. Idaho. One, the Lava Ridge project, will have 400 windmills on 73k acres. The newest one, called the Salmon Falls Wind Project, is just south of me. I can't find any details on it yet, like number of windmills, acres, or even a map, but it will also be on BLM land. The left is pushing these monstrosities and unfortunately, we have huge sections of BLM land to put them on. Besides trashing our public lands, most of the power they generate won't even be used here in Idaho. It's slated to be taken to other states so that will require many miles of transmission lines over both public and private lands.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's okay!

They only do that for wind or solar power... whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I recall a song from some time back that started out "Boom Boom, Boom Boom." I don't think it was racist.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It's slated to be taken to other states so that will require many miles of transmission lines over both public and private lands.

Those transmission lines will need to be built anyway. That is how they store extra electricity, they act as a battery. We had a wind project completed in our area and the turbines never ran for over a year because they did not have enough storage to run them. They built 3 new large transmisson lines to somewhere and when they completed the project low and behold the turbines started running.

Last edited by BluMtn; 07/08/22.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Such a scam. Hope this crap falls through.

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BluMtn
It's slated to be taken to other states so that will require many miles of transmission lines over both public and private lands.

Those transmission lines will need to be built anyway. That is how they store extra electricity, they act as a battery. We had a wind project completed in our area and the turbines never ran for over a year because they did not have enough storage to run them. They built 3 new large transmisson lines to somewhere and when they completed the project low and behold the turbines started running.

How do you store energy in a wire?

I am MAGA.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
You don't.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

LOL.

You don't.

Just like you don't store any January for when it's hot in August.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I had never heard of transmission lines being used for such a purpose before.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Sounds like a Real Estate Transaction..
Lots of Dead Spotted Owls ..
Maybe some Snail Dartters ..

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by BluMtn

It doesn't work that way! Wires don't store anything...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

it's a new kind of wire, only sold by Hunter Biden with 10% going to the Big Guy.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Hahaha Hahaha..
Of course they’ll have to store that Wire
Maybe another 2 Million Acres would Work

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

They have 2000 Tesla battery packs at the base of each tower.

Swifty
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I guess they are working on a storage solution.

Heck...even with fossil fuel generation that would be great, considering how every bit of electricity used was generated that very moment.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Lots of methods for storage are being tested. They're working on one called virtual storage that's supposed to be promising. I have no idea how it works.
I read about a company in the Netherlands that has come up with an undersea storage method. Many of their windmills are offshore in fairly deep water (the article didn't say how deep). They put some tough elastic bladders on the sea floor below the windmills. Excess power is used to force water into the bladders. When more power is needed, the weight of the sea water above the bladders squeezes out the water in them through tubes to an underwater turbine for generation. These need to be in fairly deep water to be practical. The Great Lakes might work fine. They say they're working on a similar method that will work in shallower water.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
2 massive wind projects on BLM land are seeking approval in so. Idaho. One, the Lava Ridge project, will have 400 windmills on 73k acres. The newest one, called the Salmon Falls Wind Project, is just south of me. I can't find any details on it yet, like number of windmills, acres, or even a map, but it will also be on BLM land. The left is pushing these monstrosities and unfortunately, we have huge sections of BLM land to put them on. Besides trashing our public lands, most of the power they generate won't even be used here in Idaho. It's slated to be taken to other states so that will require many miles of transmission lines over both public and private lands.

OK, I’ll play devil's advocate. First, is the BLM land being sold, or leased? Second, how is this different t than oil & gas leases on BLM land? I

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, considering 99.99% of the time wind farms sit on lease land..

They are saying some of the turbins will be within sight of a historic WWII Japanese American incarceration site in Southern Idaho.

These sites provoke connections to individuals affected by the World War II exclusion, forced removal, and unjust incarceration, and serves to commemorate those who survived this difficult chapter of American history.”

The sites provides a place “… for engagement, reflection, and healing.

Should we ask the Janpanese if they care if there is a couple windmills within sight?

I now ponder on the thoughts of how many Joos make pilgrimage to concentration camp gas chambers for reflection and healing, or maybe a lingering whiff of Zyklon B gas in the air?

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Just south of Rock Chuck on 93, they are putting in a solar farm, Jackpot Solar....which is ok I guess, but it's right next to the highway in what looks like good soil and some damn nice natural grazing. With 10 bazillion acres of lava rock and non arable land in Twin Falls County, it seems strange to pick such a site.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
OK, I’ll play devil's advocate. First, is the BLM land being sold, or leased? Second, how is this different t than oil & gas leases on BLM land? I

Wind is bad, oil and gas are good.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
560 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 53 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,204
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.