[Linked Image from content.osgnetworks.tv]
[Linked Image from content.osgnetworks.tv]

GR

GB1

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Had viral encephalitis as a teenager. One of the delightful lifelong side effects is hands shakier than a sapling in a hurricane. Essential tremors is what they call it, and it progressively worsens with age. Shaving is fun 😏

My offhand shooting ability is somewhere to the tune of 10MOA these days. Off a bipod... closer to 2. I'll take the bipod or a set of sticks all day long over flinging bullets offhand and maybe hitting a barn from the inside if I'm lucky.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What's embarrassing?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A rifleman using what he has to get a good rest is embarrassing?

Since you’re completely clueless, the shooter pictured is doing it right. 👍🏼

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Since 2012, I ‘never’ go without my
Stoney Point Shooting Sticks.
Today they’re Primos.

I’ve tried to show them in the pix with
deer I’ve killed.

I ain’t ashamed
I ain’t skeered

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 07/08/22.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
GR,
You wouldn't happen to be Craig Boddington would you? Look just like CB. I always enjoyed reading Crag's articles.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Speaking for myself, I'd be pretty happy with your stated numbers. Seen a LOT worse running NRA Sporting Rifle High Power for 10 seasons. The 9 ring of the SR-1 is a tad over 6 moa....you'd be amazed at the number of bench wizards who can't hold 8 rds in the black offhand.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by zcm82
Had viral encephalitis as a teenager. One of the delightful lifelong side effects is hands shakier than a sapling in a hurricane. Essential tremors is what they call it, and it progressively worsens with age. Shaving is fun 😏

My offhand shooting ability is somewhere to the tune of 10MOA these days. Off a bipod... closer to 2. I'll take the bipod or a set of sticks all day long over flinging bullets offhand and maybe hitting a barn from the inside if I'm lucky.

Necessary accommodation, not w/standing.

If it gets you in the field, good for you.

GR

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by devnull
GR,
You wouldn't happen to be Craig Boddington would you? Look just like CB. I always enjoyed reading Crag's articles.

Nope, and Boddington is a good writer and sportsman.

... and also gettin' long in the tooth as well.

I understand that.

Just be nice if he qualified the use of that marksmanship foolishness, instead of glorifying it.

GR

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Speaking for myself, I'd be pretty happy with your stated numbers. Seen a LOT worse running NRA Sporting Rifle High Power for 10 seasons. The 9 ring of the SR-1 is a tad over 6 moa....you'd be amazed at the number of bench wizards who can't hold 8 rds in the black offhand.

If I shoot more than ten rounds a year off a bench... I'm tuning a scope with a problem.

Folks cheat themselves out of becoming competent rifleman.

Image over substance.

Nothin' new, just a little pathetic is all.

Will take a 2-4 MOA group in the field, over a sub-MOA group off a concrete bench any day.

GR

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
While I don't have a good excuse like ZCM82, I can truthfully say my last unsupported shot on a deer was maybe 18 years ago. You can call it laziness, but I just lost my taste for goat rodeos. Close to half of my shots have been off a bag. I keep them in all my ground blinds. My tower blind and my treestands all have shooting rails covered in pipe insulation.

I took my buck last November with a shot off the back of my ladder stand. I braced my Savage 99 on the tree and nailed the deer at 80 yards.

I still have plenty of offhand opportunities during Squirrel and Turkey Seasons. For deer, I have a little over 2 weeks to fill the freezer and I ain't dickin' around.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When someone is offended about how others go about business, it's generally a given their personal album of field/trophy photos to be wafer-thin.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by flintlocke

If I shoot more than ten rounds a year off a bench... I'm tuning a scope with a problem.

Folks cheat themselves out of becoming competent rifleman.

Image over substance.

Nothin' new, just a little pathetic is all.

Will take a 2-4 MOA group in the field, over a sub-MOA group off a concrete bench any day.

GR

A sportsman takes advantage of everything available to make a clean, killing shot. The challenge is getting into position to make that shot. Wear a cowbell if you want to make it difficult.

On inanimate targets, do what you will, shoot standing on your head if it makes you all tingly.

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
The stuff some people find to complain about never ceases to amaze. I’ve done a bit of killing so here’s some perspective: it’s useful to be able to shoot quickly and accurately from any position, supported or unsupported. The trickiest in my experience is to get a good supported position such as in the OP’s gripe pics. Having the skills and experience to quickly get steady enough can make the difference between success or failure.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SKane
When someone is offended about how others go about business, it's generally a given their personal album of field/trophy photos to be wafer-thin.

CHEATER whistle

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Don't count animals I hit with my truck, either.

Marksmanship... is.

GR

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

More than a bit of truth. Kinda dig how his "rebuttal" did not contain any pics...

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pointer

More than a bit of truth. Kinda dig how his "rebuttal" did not contain any pics...

Do you take pictures at the meat counter of the grocery store?

We barbecue and make sausage.

And killin' an animal that ain't shooting back at you, with a high-power rifle on a tripod? Doesn't even merit a boy-scout badge.

Want to impress me?

Kill a bear, panther, alligator, or big feral hog with a knife.

... or learn to hunt and shoot.

GR

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Is that how you do it?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Learning to hunt and shoot means you know when to use a solid rest.
Panther with a knife, give me a break.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (44mc, 163bc, 257 mag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 15 invisible), 1,697 guests, and 896 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,236
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.