-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
OP Offline
T
Hello, new to the forum. As with most males of any species, I shall put my scent down for review, by the pack."

The US Constitution was written during and immediately after the American patriots had just defeated a "large standing and well regulated militia" the British armed forces.

The Constitution was written with careful language. Careful due to the exceptional importance of such a decree and in a manner to invite signatories not scare them to rejection. Therefore men much smarter than myself set about to create this most Blessed of documents.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State," [A Large Standing Army will be needed if we are to survive.] How many of the colonies would have signed that?

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." [because of the "well regulated militia" standing army, could never have an upper hand over the "Free Citizen."

A well regulated militia does not or has never existed. It would be like George Zimmerman. If a group of armed men set about to train and be equipped to the term, "Well regulated" This group is an Army. Militia by definition loosely trained and ill equipped is not "Well Regulated." Hence Well regulated, means "Army."

The word "Arms" is plural. Not Musket, a hatchet a sword....... cannons, grenades and now nukes and F35's. If the US Government does not want the Citizen to have a certain "armament" then they must not possess that particular item in their inventory.

I spent 20 years defending this exact policy, and was comfortable with the possible costs. I have even less to wager today at my age.

Hell, I may Red Flag myself... lol.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thank you but, I still don't know if Brandon could understand it. Lol.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A few years ago, I wrote an article that was published and here is an rough excerpt of some of it. It goes back to the beginning of the Revolution war. Quite literally, the shot heard round the world.

There are many in our society wanting to ban guns. "Mr. and Mrs. America; turn them all in". Sadly, those people forget what happened the last time a tyrannical government tried that on American soil. And those same people get on TV talking about what a great job Ukraine is doing fighting off the Russians (with guns) while in the same breath demonizing those in our own country who remain ready to do the same here in our country. Intentionally disrespecting the largest fighting force ever known to mankind.

Well, the sting of confiscation was still burning fresh in the minds of our founding fathers when the 2A was penned just after the British, under the command of General Gage had ordered the seizure of guns and powder in Concord Massachusetts.

The founding fathers knew and realized there would be no other way than ultimately through violence to protect its' citizens from tyrannical government so it had to protect arms of its' citizens as the last resort to defend itself from extinction.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

486 members (007FJ, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 47 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,778
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.