Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Just try walking in the bike path and hear all the crying and bitching from the cyclists... share the path...

Kent

I never really mind the pedestrians in the path. If they aren't strung across the complete width, I just go around them with minimal speed disparity. If they are strung out all the way across the path, I ease up behind them and say something like "I am coming up behind you." They have always moved over politely. What I don't do if they are strung out across the width of the path is announce "I am coming up your rear."

This schidt ain't complicated.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Was dodging pedal bikers today. 70 mph 2 lane road. No shoulders. Pulling a trailer with equipment, not exactly a zippy little sports car to cater to the asshôles that won’t ride in the thousands of miles of side roads. One of my biggest fears is me or worse one of my kids tagging one by accident.

How long did it take you to get around them?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by krp
Just try walking in the bike path and hear all the crying and bitching from the cyclists... share the path...

Kent

I never really mind the pedestrians in the path. If they aren't strung across the complete width, I just go around them with minimal speed disparity. If they are strung out all the way across the path, I ease up behind them and say something like "I am coming up behind you." They have always moved over politely. What I don't do if they are strung out across the width of the path is announce "I am coming up your rear."

Why would they move over?

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Why would they move over?

Kent

Why is the internet littered with emotionally stunted 'tards?

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 07/09/22.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Why would anyone believe your bullchit, 25% of people are hearing impaired, couldn't hear you say chit riding up behind them... you just make chit up to support your position.

Kent

IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I’m a mountain biker. I have to ride on the road for short distances between trails. I’m not a lib. I’m a flaming monogamous heterosexual.

If any one of the Puzzies here or anywhere else who hit me were to hit me when I’m on the road your saga would have just begun. Gut shooting you and leaving you in the woods for the coyote to finish off while you watched would be about appropriate.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Why would anyone believe your bullchit, 25% of people are hearing impaired, couldn't hear you say chit riding up behind them... you just make chit up to support your position.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IZH27
I’m a mountain biker. I have to ride on the road for short distances between trails. I’m not a lib. I’m a flaming monogamous heterosexual.

If any one of the Puzzies here or anywhere else who hit me were to hit me when I’m on the road your saga would have just begun. Gut shooting you and leaving you in the woods for the coyote to finish off while you watched would be about appropriate.

Apparently you don't understand how hard it is to see and go around a bicyclist on the road. It is obviously physically and mentally taxing.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
It is for the inbred and cross eyed.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

You quoted me, you couldn't resist... you and JeffO are the same kind of bullchit arguer... and have about the same kind of respect here.

Kent

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Kinda hypocritical to object to pedestrians across the lane, ain’t it?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Pedestrians have right of way... share the path...

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

You quoted me, you couldn't resist... you and JeffO are the same kind of bullchit arguer... and have about the same kind of respect here.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Kinda hypocritical to object to pedestrians across the lane, ain’t it?

I don't object to them occupying any amount of the path that allows me room to go around. When they don't, I announce my presence. It's up to them what they want to do. I am not sure what's hypocritical about that.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 07/09/22. Reason: I can't type worth a schidt.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The hypocrisy is pedal pushers spread across THE lane of traffic, that you’ve defended.

Sure, one can get around them in a few seconds, but fraught with penalties hitting one or slowing gruffs load to allow it. Then there are hills, curves, etc. complicating it yet further.

But you knew that. 😉

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
This is about the only country that bikes are not be seen as part of day to day transportation.

Last edited by Wrapids; 07/09/22.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
The hypocrisy is pedal pushers spread across THE lane of traffic, that you’ve defended.

Sure, one can get around them in a few seconds, but fraught with penalties hitting one or slowing gruffs load to allow it. Then there are hills, curves, etc. complicating it yet further.

But you knew that. 😉

I have never defended bicyclists being spread across a lane that is wide enough for an auto and a cyclist to safely share. I have said that riding 2 abreast or occupying any part of a narrow lane (one that is too narrow for a cyclist and motorist to safely share) is of no consequence when motorists will have to enter the oncoming lane to go around.

There aren't any criminal penalties for hitting a cyclist unless the driver is impaired. In fact, it may be the best way to get away with murder. How much was Gruff slowed? There is nothing complicated about driving at a speed that allows time to avoid any obstacle that may be around a blind bend or over a blind hill. Not doing so is negligent. There my be free range cattle, a mail truck making a delivery, a rock slide, an accident, a tree down, a farm implement or any other thing in the lane.

That's what I know!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
I am a marginally literate, emotionally stunted 'tard who has no idea what an ellipsis is or when to use one.

Kundt

Right on!

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 07/09/22.
A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I stay on bike paths most of the time now because drivers are too distracted to see you. Road ragers see you but try to kill you because their lives suck and if they think you're having fun they go ballistic. I once turned a corner on a bike path and encountered an infant lying on a blanket. Mom was getting ready to change its diaper right there in the middle of the path. I commonly do laps on a three-mile bike path in a park designed to hide a large sewage treatment facility. Its official name is kind of long and most refer to it as the poop loop. The nice thing about the poop loop is that people don't walk there much. The only road riding I do now is on two farm roads I use for hill repeats. But enough about politics...

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp
I am a marginally literate, emotionally stunted 'tard who has no idea what an ellipsis is or when to use one.

Kundt

Right on!

Of course, it's all you got.

Interesting you claim to be so polite in person riding a bike...

Kent

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

701 members (01Foreman400, 163dm, 160user, 007FJ, 16Racing, 163bc, 68 invisible), 3,141 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,581
Posts18,454,147
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.