Print Thread
Hop To
J
J23 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
So.. I brought this up in another thread, but I feel like it need its own.

The way I'm reading this new bill that flew through the house, 10 rounds is the maximum capacity for any detechable magazine, and as well, tubular magazines, save for .22 rimfire's.

So where does that leave the dozens of new models of levergun for sale? For instance, an 1860 Uberti Henry (13 rounds), or a 1892 Rossi, 357 20" that holds 13 Mags or 15 Specials, IIRC? The 24" model holds even more.

How about your Pappy's old 32-20 1892 Winchester with a 24" tube?

These people clearly know nothing about firearms, and put no real thought behind this bill. 10 sounded like a nice, round number, so they ran with it.

"We don't want to ban hunting rifles" is obviously a bullshitt statement, proven here, by just one example of millions of hunting rifles that will soon be illegal.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
None of that Bullschitt will pass the Senate.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't care. I won't give an inch.

LOL
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I don't care. I won't give an inch.
Hope not.
You only have an inch to give.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Who the fugg cares. Marijuana is legal on the entire left coast, yet the Feds aren't kicking in doors. Their laws mean nothing.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like it sporting carbine or gray bar motel!

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by J23

The way I'm reading this new bill that flew through the house, 10 rounds is the maximum capacity for any detechable magazine, and as well, tubular magazines, save for .22 rimfire's.

So where does that leave the dozens of new models of levergun for sale? For instance, an 1860 Uberti Henry (13 rounds), or a 1892 Rossi, 357 20" that holds 13 Mags or 15 Specials, IIRC? The 24" model holds even more.

These people clearly know nothing about firearms, and put no real thought behind this bill. 10 sounded like a nice, round number, so they ran with it.

"We don't want to ban hunting rifles" is obviously a bullshitt statement, proven here, by just one example of millions of hunting rifles that will soon be illegal.

They continue to conflate the true purpose of the 2nd with hunting for food and other homespun activities that most people support even if they don’t participate. That’s not an accident. Truth is, the notion of armed resistance to a oppressive, out of control government, you know the one they all want as long as they run it, scares the crap out of them, just like rich people who live behind armed security fear some low-income schmuck will make them part of the Choir Invisible, despite their human shields. They’re all afraid, for their power and their lives, and are just fine with ordinary people being at the mercy of the bad people in the world as long as they feel safe and able to stay in charge.

What fresh Hell is this?
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Justice Brandeis - Dissenting, Olmstead v. United States, 277 U.S. 438 (1928)

Decency, security, and liberty alike demand that government officials shall be subjected to the same rules of conduct that are commands to the citizen. In a government of laws, existence of the government will be imperiled if it fails to observe the law scrupulously. Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As an Australian I can say their attacks are always varied and nonsensical. Like us having pump action shotguns .banned but not lever action shotguns. Part of their game apart from the ban itself is to degrade the precision of language, understood concepts and common sense. It is essentially an attack on truth as much as the guns themselves. They are just as happy with either victory.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
We've been defacing win and marlin leverguns in NYC for a long time. Long guns require a license in NYC.
Proof of the defacing by an FFL (changing to 5 rnds) is required.

Step over the border to long island and it's not required.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
won`t happen Senate is a no wayin h-ll !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by 158XTP
As an Australian I can say their attacks are always varied and nonsensical. Like us having pump action shotguns .banned but not lever action shotguns. Part of their game apart from the ban itself is to degrade the precision of language, understood concepts and common sense. It is essentially an attack on truth as much as the guns themselves. They are just as happy with either victory.

I agree 100 %.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by J23

Of course it doesn’t make sense but by the liberal communists just throwing these non sensical laws into ideas and trying to get them to pass through congress it just puts them one step closer to controlling us alittle more through a back door gun grab and then obtaining more power. It’s ultimately their agenda to completely disarm us as much as possible till we can no longer defend ourselves and then they take control/power. I

"When guns are outlawed,only the outlaws will have guns".
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I just read the text of the bill and there is a long list of exempted firearms. Pretty much every lever action rifle that has been manufactured is exempted.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I just read the text of the bill and there is a long list of exempted firearms. Pretty much every lever action rifle that has been manufactured is exempted.
Section 3, paragraph 3A of the bill....

"Shall not apply to any firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide action."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My favorite paragraph.

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the "banner's" are so stupid they think ambiguity is their friend. "Shall not apply to any firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide action."
the AR's i lost in the boating accident all have to be manually operated to be charged. Ambiguity never passes scrutiny of the Court.

until it does.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The trigger on my AR's identify as a lever so they are exempt.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 47 invisible), 3,243 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,291
Posts18,467,947
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.