Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by losttrail60
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Yeah...who needs more than 7 rounds of 30-30 ammo?

Or a busted toilet in the front yard.

Would have made a nice planter or worm farm.

I am MAGA.
BP-B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That's not hoarding.

That's a loser.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
There was an old house along highway 84 west of Laurel that looked like the “Sanford and Son” house. All kinds of stuff about 4-5’ deep with a walkway about 2-3’ wide from the road to the house. I think it was all removed when they 4 laned the highway.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
RockChuck: Yes I can imagine that piled high newspaper scenario!
Decades ago I was dispatched to a "check the welfare" situation to a beautiful view house on Seattles Queen Anne Hill.
My partner and I were looking for an elderly woman who would not answer the phone calls from her out of state adult child.
We tried looking in the windows but newspapers were piled so high that we could not see in.
Eventually we forced a rear door and our search was hampered by the smell of death and incredible stacks of newspapers - some stacks went to the ceiling. In some rooms I had to turn sideways to get down the "tunnels/aisles" of stacked newspapers!
We eventually found the dead and decomposing lady who we later learned had died of a heart attack. She was in her late 90's.
But for many decades she had been taking BOTH of Seattles daily and Sunday newspapers and she saved and stacked them all!
Run of the mill hoarder we thought, but no, heres the kicker - inside every paper she had saved was a single one dollar bill!
We discovered this when some of the newspapers were knocked over when the Medical Examiners Crew got there and their gerni bumped over a pile and the monies fell out of the papers!
The Fire Department was called for consultation on the danger to the nearby homes as the houses were literally just 15 - 20 feet apart in that old neighborhood.
The Fire Department took charge of the house and it took them two days to pack out and away those papers.
I have dealt with "hoarders" professionally MANY dozens of times and still have NO idea what motivates them.
This little old lady was certainly NOT hoarding newspapers to keep others from having her stuff - like one of our CampFirers contends - she was just a semi-harmless kook.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Winchester21
Mental disease.

This

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hoarding problem or brush fire?

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Now the meth addicts can get all the copper wire outa those wrecks easy peasy. That' what they do here with their motorhomes on Forest Service land when they're done using them for meth labs.

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Now the meth addicts can get all the copper wire outa those wrecks easy peasy. That' what they do here with their motorhomes on Forest Service land when they're done using them for meth labs.

Great place to raise a family.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Three farms within 60 miles of me make those look like places with neat-freaks residing...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Great place to raise a family.

LOL

You grow your cookers like you grow a farm hand. Basically Meth is where farming was pre-war. Big families, cheap labor = better profit.

Me

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I keep stuff to a minimum, if I’m not using it, sell or junk it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Might need it someday.

We call it Shopping At Home.

Terrible sorry about your property values Karens! Hahahaha!

Some call it the bonepile.

Never know when I might need one of the 2 old Dish/Hughes/DirecTV satellite dishes out there. And in about 2 days I'll be losing the use of another from DirecTV. That'll make 2 on the side of the house I can take down and use when I need them.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Humm.

Idunno if I fit into this conversation.

I've never believed in mowing grass, what the stock or wild game don't eat will die in the Fall and grow back in the Spring.

I always have enough building materials around to throw up a couple thousand sq ft home...maybe a little more.

At one time I had over 100 non-running cars in my yard.
All 50s stuff I bought over a 10 year period.

Neighbors never complained, in fact people would stop in just to wander around and look at those cars.

There was one elderly women that walked by on occasion, during some casual conversation one day she very kindly stated that I should consider collecting China.
I'm not sure if she was insinuating I should collect China instead of old cars or in addition to my car collection. China never interested me so it was a no-go.

Mighta been some ball-less city transplant around thats never got up the nerve to say anything. There's a few places up the road passed me with perfectly manicured lawns and little bushes and trees in straight rows bordering their properties.

Pretty boring to look at actually, surprised there's not a law against it, kinda kills the mojo of rural living.

But they own their land and can do as they please with it, I don't dwell on it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Some call it the bonepile.

We save leftovers from projects but seldom have projects themselves, say an old car or whatever. I don't need new projects, I have plenty. I enjoy things being organized and orderly for the most part. What isn't gets compartmentalized until I get to it.

LOL
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A while back I read about a guy who saved old newspapers. He'd go out and collect them. His living room was stacked so high that he had tunnels that he had to crawl through to move from room to room. Then he disappeared. He was in a tunnel when it collapsed and killed him. Can you imagine having to clean that up?

Did his death make it on the front page 😂……asking for a friend! 😉 memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The fire was urban renewal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't understand hoarders. When I was reading gas & electric meters for a few years in my semi-retirement I ran into a few. Some hoarder residences you'd never know it by outward appearance. Those earlier posts about the newspaper hoarders reminded me of one of those. The guy had a nice 2 story townhouse with attached garage, full basement, in a nice townhouse development. The outside was immaculate but inside the newspapers were stacked to the ceiling in the entire dining room and one lower bedroom (?), part of the kitchen, plus half the basement where I had to go to read his gas meter. The guy was well dressed, clean cut and friendly and probably in his late 50's - early 60's. Not what I would think of when I hear the word "hoarder".

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A while back I read about a guy who saved old newspapers. He'd go out and collect them. His living room was stacked so high that he had tunnels that he had to crawl through to move from room to room. Then he disappeared. He was in a tunnel when it collapsed and killed him. Can you imagine having to clean that up?

Did his death make it on the front page 😂……asking for a friend! 😉 memtb
It's been a few years. I don't remember the details, just that it was a Darwin event.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I've known a couple of well-to-do folks, who were hoarders - and very few others knew it.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wait'll someone sees my wife's closet!!! eek

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
486 members (10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 46 invisible), 2,180 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.