Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15932325 03/24/21
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anybody here have any experience with these tents? How do they compare to seek outside tents if you have experience with both. It’s a company based out of washington so I thought worth checking into and a good price point.

MM

Last edited by mitchellmountain; 03/24/21.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
BP-B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
for the price the tents are actually fairly decent. that said I would stya s far away from thema s possible. their support absolutely sucks. go do a search o Rokslide about them. terrible customer support

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
From what I've gathered they are a reseller of cheap Chinese made tents w terrible CS. If you don't care about the CS, look on AliExpress and you can probably get them even cheaper.
AliExpress

Last edited by bbassi; 03/25/21.

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Id just pay a bit more for SO tent.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothing wrong with the Luxe tipis a few guys out of a hundred either had a shipping delay or got one that had stitching issues and everyone got pissed that Luxe wouldn’t get into it in open forum on Rokslide. Plenty of guys happily using them . I’ve owned several SO products and they are good, but for the cost savings there isn’t anything wrong with Luxe. I have an Octopeak with the stove jack and a hexpeak w/o the stove jack for lightweight trips. I’ve used them both several times with no issues. If I were doing a fly out hunt on Kodiak I might consider an alternative but man SO and Kifaru chit has gotten crazy expensive if you are buying multiple shelters..

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
the Luxe ti stove is a dandy....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by huntsman22
the Luxe ti stove is a dandy....

Is that the DeLuxe model?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I have the Luxe Megahorn tipi w/stove jack.I looked at Seek Outside and this one suited my needs better.The Kifaru will too at double the price. I did spring for the Kifaru medium sized SS box stove to go in it About the same price as other stoves on the market. These are listed as a 4 person tipi,but with a stove, it gets darn crowded with two. Just right for me,my gear and stove.All of these light weight tents will have condensation,but the wood stove helps that keep dry.

Age and health has slowed me down and I doubt I will be using it again. Used three nights. Like new,and the stove was only lit once for the initial burn in.I am going to sell it and stove for a fair price if you are looking for one.It is the desert brown color,not green. PM if interested

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
It seems like there should be a market for a good tipi selling for less than SO or Kifaru. My SO 8 man held up to a serious AK wind/rain storm last Sept on a fly in. We had a little backup tent along, but I was still a bit worried. This year the new little backup is a Hilleberg, which I consider life insurance.

Coincidentally, my tipi is set up in the yard right now, I’m gonna try out a new bag and test the stove tonight with several fuel options. It’s still cold enough here in MI to put them to the test.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
yea....great Warranty and customer service

[color:#FF0000][/color]"Our Return Policy states that you have a 15 day window to return items. Your camping gear must be unused and never took out of the shipping packaging or openned. Free from any dirt, dust or grime.

Luxe Hiking Gear has no way to repair a damaged product. Depending on the issue, there may be a simple way to repair the item yourself. Feel free to reach out for a solution: warrantyluxe-hiking-gear.com" [sic]

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
All of these light weight tents will have condensation,but the wood stove helps that keep dry.
A couple weeks ago I spent a rainy night in my silnylon tent. I think it rained harder inside than out. It didn't leak, just condensation. It was too warm for a stove.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
So, brief update. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a luxe. Put my order in on March 24, knowing it was a preorder. Website says preorders ship early April so my hunt scheduled for May 8th is plenty of time to recieve the tent and try it out. Website moves to Mid April shipping so I send a message asking when they think the tent will ship and explain my situation.

The response is a generic response that basically states go back to the website and check daily. I asked for even a ballpark idea and my response was almost exactly what I got the first time. I know I"m just one customer but even a little communication that was not a stock response would have helped. As stated in other posts the customer service is really not good, and I can't imagine it would have been any better had there been a problem with the actual product. I'm one of those guys that just has to learn the hard way. To their credit, when I asked to cancel my order and get a refund, there was no argument and it was sent immediately.

The good news is that Gohunt had some seek outside tents in stock and I picked up a Silvertip. Will be here in a week, yes it was a bit more money but the customer service and reputation of product should have made the choice easy for me from the get go.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
So, brief update. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a luxe. Put my order in on March 24, knowing it was a preorder. Website says preorders ship early April so my hunt scheduled for May 8th is plenty of time to recieve the tent and try it out. Website moves to Mid April shipping so I send a message asking when they think the tent will ship and explain my situation.

The response is a generic response that basically states go back to the website and check daily. I asked for even a ballpark idea and my response was almost exactly what I got the first time. I know I"m just one customer but even a little communication that was not a stock response would have helped. As stated in other posts the customer service is really not good, and I can't imagine it would have been any better had there been a problem with the actual product. I'm one of those guys that just has to learn the hard way. To their credit, when I asked to cancel my order and get a refund, there was no argument and it was sent immediately.

The good news is that Gohunt had some seek outside tents in stock and I picked up a Silvertip. Will be here in a week, yes it was a bit more money but the customer service and reputation of product should have made the choice easy for me from the get go.

MM

don't feel alone. I have wanted to pull the trigger on a Luxe awefully BAD!! due to pricing, but with all the reviews and stories of [bleep] service, let alone thier own return statement... I am not going to chance it

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Checked back today and saw that the preorders shipped. All the customer service would have had to say is “ possibly in a couple days” or really anything that wasn’t cut and paste and I may have sat it out for a couple more days. From a business aspect I don’t understand treating customers in such a way. Oh well, looking forward to the seek outside tent.

MM

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
These tents come from over seas. Until they get thru customs,Luxe has no info on the delivery.I ordered my Megahorn on a preorder and advertised a Aug delivery. It was pretty much on time.Until the shipment gets out of customs, Luxe has no info except it was shipped from mfgr. I had a SO tent and these are superior to them.Worth the wait.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Which are you saying is superior, and why?

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I think the Luxe is better. Two doors, sod flap that can be rolled up in summer. Seems like it has more useable space than the SO I had. The mid guy ropes helps with that I think. I can also stand up in it. Overall,a little bit better made.Probably a bit heavy for back packing, Plus I upgraded the stakes.The light weight plastic ones supplied are not heavy or long enough for softer soils

Last edited by saddlesore; 04/18/21.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks. So you essentially just prefer the feature set of the Luxe versus the SO shelter you owned? Which model SO did you have? I haven’t owned a Luxe, but some of the current SO models offer all the features you mention, and build quality is fantastic.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Thanks. So you essentially just prefer the feature set of the Luxe versus the SO shelter you owned? Which model SO did you have? I haven’t owned a Luxe, but some of the current SO models offer all the features you mention, and build quality is fantastic.

Can't remember the SO one I owned. It was either the Silvertip or Cimmaron.My choice was that I had to to stand up to get dressed and enough space for a fold up chair

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/3256804336749576.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.43ed10b0ySO4mi&algo_pvid=390e9b67-f0bd-46bf-b0e3-ab0299cab7b6&algo_exp_id=390e9b67-f0bd-46bf-b0e3-ab0299cab7b6-43&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000029465544588%22%7D&pdp_npi=2%40dis%21USD%21%2175.11%2175.11%21%21%21%21%402101e9d116580050585854519e2b32%2112000029465544588%21sea

Can't link this, paste it in your address bar and it'll take you to Aliexpress.com.

https://luxe-hiking-gear.com/collec...ts/products/minipeak-xl-pyramid-hot-tent

$86 U.S. A. price on Aliexpress, minipeak xl pyramid tent.

or Luxe will sell you the exact tent for $195

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
774 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 89 invisible), 2,862 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,702
Posts18,400,046
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.