-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They usually stop stinking when they dry out.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by high_country_
Peroxide is the ticket. You can mix it with some dawn to break surface tension, but peroxide is the end of organics.

Maybe throw in some baking soda too. That is the mixture that you use to de-skunk a dog. It works wonders on that.

The mix is:

4 cups (940 ml) hydrogen peroxide, 3 percent solution
¼ cup (55 g) baking soda
1 teaspoon (5 ml) liquid dish detergent

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by kingston
They usually stop stinking when they dry out.

Yes, I wish. I placed the carcass in a plastic garbage bag, tied it, and left it by the garage for the day. When we came home from the lake, we walked past the bag and almost puked.

I can not believe we never noticed the odor over the last few weeks. The boat was only 100 feet from the house. But it was downwind.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Simple green.

It's just a little dead cat smell....sheesh.

We know how you are about smells. grin

I sure as hell ain't gonna let a bad smell ruin a good time!

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Unless you just have to have it smelling fresh right now leave it out in the sun for a couple of weeks. It'll quit stinking soon enough.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Baking soda won't destroy your carpet like bleach or peroxide. Use it on pissy subfloors all the time. Never tried Rogers microban . Yet.

Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
Axe body spray

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Ammonia, bleach?

Uh, not at the same time. Chlorine gas.

Hydrazine. Not chlorine.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Odoban. They sell it at Home Depot.

Mike Rowe the Dirty Jobs guy said they used Odoban in an apartment where some lady died and rotted for weeks…. It worked.

I’ve used us for pet schitdt and I. Works great diluted.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Maybe Fabreeze? Worked good to get rid of spilled deer blood from a leakey ice chest off of wife's mini-van carpet about 25 years ago. Still married to her, but it was a questionable situation for a couple of days back then. Just saturate the hell out of it and let dry in a well ventilated place. I probably did not need to tell you the second part of that.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Next time shoot the cat in the head so it don't crawl off and die in your boat. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LoadClear
Odoban. They sell it at Home Depot.

Mike Rowe the Dirty Jobs guy said they used Odoban in an apartment where some lady died and rotted for weeks…. It worked.

I’ve used us for pet schitdt and I. Works great diluted.
Probably microban relabeled.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pictures of the cat?

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Wash it off good,let dry and give the plywood two coats of Kilz oil base, not water based.

After my MIL passed away, we had to sell her condo.She kept a little dog there. Inside all day long when she was out and about. Sh eha dthos ebig pet mats,but the dog never used them, we had to pull all the carpeting and that urine smell was soaked into the plywood flooring.Two coats of Kilz sealed it up.No smell.

You might even try some of that solution they sell to get rid of skunk smell when you wash it

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Wash it off good,let dry and give the plywood two coats of Kilz oil base, not water based.

After my MIL passed away, we had to sell her condo.She kept a little dog there. Inside all day long when she was out and about. Sh eha dthos ebig pet mats,but the dog never used them, we had to pull all the carpeting and that urine smell was soaked into the plywood flooring.Two coats of Kilz sealed it up.No smell.

You might even try some of that solution they sell to get rid of skunk smell when you wash it
that will work, but the carpet in the boat is probably glued down, and if it doesn't come up in one piece you are going to have to replace it.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
This will not of much help…..if you want to reuse the boat! I usually sink the boat when used for body decomp removal! 😂 Oh, a word of advise…..have a friend come along with another boat bring you back! 😉 memtb

Last edited by memtb; 07/17/22.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Take your daughter bowfishing. Let the carp sit in the boat overnight, now it just smells like fish!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Pictures of the cat?

On the phone pole by the street corner...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
No pics of the cat. But I do have a few of the grandkids on the tube behind the boat yesterday. But it would take me an hour to get them off my phone onto the computer, then resized and posted to Rick's hosting service, and I am not that energetic today.

Big Jim, no we did not let a little stink get in the way of a good time.

Next time will be a bit more enjoyable, without the stink.

So, after the preliminary work last night, I scrubbed one full box of Soda bicarb into the wet carpet.

16 hours later, I went back and added a quart of white vinegar, and then two quarts of hydrogen peroxide.

Then rinsed it all out for about fifteen minutes with the garden hose, and applied half of a 24 oz can of Lysol aerosol disinfectant.

All I can smell now is Lysol. No question, the bacteria problem has been destroyed. Now to be sure the cadaverine and putrescine molecules have also been eliminated.

It is parked out in the sun again. We will see how it smells after a few days of sunshine. If the smell of death comes back, I will revisit some of the previous suggestions.

Perhaps odoban.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,866 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,574
Posts18,453,952
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.