Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
I won't eat that schitt merely out of principle.

Exactly.

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
The lady giving out samples of fake meat said scientists have figured out how to turn plants into meat. I said big deal, cows figured out how to do it thousands of years ago.

Bb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Remsen
Because of my religious observance, I'm limited in when and how I can eat meat. So, for me, a fake meat burger often is the equivalent of a bad-for-you fast food meal. I've eaten fake burgers ranging from the inedible to the passable, and not a single one ever reminded me of a real meat burger.

They serve a purpose for many people who, for whatever reason, are limited in how and when they can eat meat, but they sure as heck are NOT meat. Were it not for my particular reasons for eating fake meat, I'd never touch the stuff.

Can you put cheese on a veggie burger?

Only if you order the chocolate milkshake with 'em! laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Because of my religious observance, I'm limited in when and how I can eat meat. So, for me, a fake meat burger often is the equivalent of a bad-for-you fast food meal. I've eaten fake burgers ranging from the inedible to the passable, and not a single one ever reminded me of a real meat burger.

They serve a purpose for many people who, for whatever reason, are limited in how and when they can eat meat, but they sure as heck are NOT meat. Were it not for my particular reasons for eating fake meat, I'd never touch the stuff.

One of the only benefits for me to eating fake meat is that the prohibition on mixing dairy and meat doesn't apply. I've never had cheese on a meat burger and I've rarely eaten a fake meat burger without cheese. I happen to love cheese, so the fake burger basically is a platform for eating cheese.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

One of the only benefits for me to eating fake meat is that the prohibition on mixing dairy and meat doesn't apply. I've never had cheese on a meat burger and I've rarely eaten a fake meat burger without cheese. I happen to love cheese, so the fake burger basically is a platform for eating cheese.

That's kinda what I thought.

Cool.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Does eating one cause a manbun to sprout out of the top of one's head? I have concerns.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Sacrilege.

Especially for a cattleman.

It should be illegal.

Especially to call it "burger".

It is a "Mechanically formed, heat treated and sterilized pea protein meal patty."

Artificially colored and flavored....and worse for you and the planet than beef.

Enjoy your virtue signal sandwich.

Bravo Jim!!!
All of this and more.
I'd rather go hungry.
F#$k those people.🖕

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I’ve never seen so much handwringing over a fugkin sandwich. Lol.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can't help but wonder how much of our tax money was and is spent on fake meat of some sort?

Fake meat is agriculture related too. Wonder if they realize that?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I happen to love cheese, so the fake burger basically is a platform for eating cheese.

Agreed- - - - -nothing better than a good grilled ham and Swiss on rye bread, right?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
These so-called burgers are another part of the green tyranny being forced on us worldwide and must be resisted. The green tyranny mob is destroying farmers worldwide. Fuel and fertilizer costs are direct result of their plan to force changes on the rest of us.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Thinking you add 3 slices of real cheese and a 1/2 lb of bacon then maybe.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The hypocrisy blinders that leftists wear are very effective. They loudly promote environmental awareness and natural foods, only to also loudly promote these laboratory-made fake foods comprised of polysyllabic synthetic protein. All because the stuff is advertised as "plant-derived."

When will they realize that real meat is plant-derived? Grass, corn, soybeans, and malted barley are transformed into meat by cattle.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by super T
These so-called burgers are another part of the green tyranny being forced on us worldwide and must be resisted. The green tyranny mob is destroying farmers worldwide. Fuel and fertilizer costs are direct result of their plan to force changes on the rest of us.
Bingo!

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It requires more energy to create a fake burger patty than it creates when eaten.
It also requires more water to create one than it does to create a real one.
They ruin small engines.
They do not provide the same mileage as real ones.
They are killing off all of the birds.

Last edited by 5sdad; 07/17/22.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by super T
Bingo!

+1

😂

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B

When I first moved to Jerusalem I was doing clinicals at Haddasah hospital and I put a pita with turkey and cheese in it in the employee fridge. Someone found it and turned it in. They responded like it was a dirty bomb. They were so worked up about it I never owned up to it being my sandwich. I didn't want to get deported my first week there. I learned to like falafel.

Bb

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I’ve never seen so much handwringing over a fugkin sandwich. Lol.

Its not the sandwich.

Its the cult pushing the sandwich.

And your belly aint all theyre gonna mess with.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Nope. It’s a sandwich. Eat it or don’t.

Tyranny…..sheesh.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
So if we have good beef why would we want to eat fake beef? Make you glow in the dark or what?

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,841 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,341
Posts18,468,725
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.