24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And here again my statement holds true, the OP mentioned specifically factory class. Just takes one true BR guy to fugg it up. We are no longer talking UBR factory class to full blown BR gun.
Thanks Al as I understand your passion BTDT, but you folks just tend to take the fun out of all.

Swifty
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did you look at the rules? Or just jump off the edge make your own assumptions? There is a Factory class, a Modified class, and an Unlimited class. UBR isn't just factory class shooters. The thing that would ruin it for factory class shooters would be people passing off a custom gun as a factory rifle.

"Give a lazy man the toughest job, and he will find the easiest way to do it"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes I read the rules. If I understand them right one of my coopers wouldn’t make factory as it’s been rebarreled.

Factory class; There is no easy definition of factory so in response to requests made 40-x Remingtons will be allowed providing they have a Remington proof mark or name on the barrel, or a letter of verification that they were made by Remington. If no mark is found or letter accompanies a gun it is MODIFIED. This will apply to Coopers, Sako’s, Kimbers, Savages or any other gun maker. Any letter must include the caliber and serial number of said gun. THIS APPLIES TO MAJOR MARKET MANUFCTURES ONLY, IF KELBY PUTS A STAMP OR MARK ON A BARREL IT IS STILL A CUSTOM GUN……

Triggers may be tuned or replaced, original stocks May be bedded or replaced by another stock that was or is being used by the manufacturer, I.E. the current Remington stocks without the bedding blocks may be replaced by an H.S. Precision stock with a bedding block as Remington uses that stock also. Barrel crowns may be recut. Barrels cannot be removed or replaced even by a barrel of same manufacture. Any evidence of changes other than those listed will place your gun in the modified class. Guns are to be fired from two piece rests with sand bags utilized in conjunction with rests front and rear. Any attachments to stocks are restricted to the front portion of stock and may not exceed three inches in width. MAX .30 CALIBER.

WEIGHT LIMIT is 13.5 lbs.

Last edited by Swifty52; 07/16/22.

Swifty
P
pullit Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
I weighed my Remington 223 that had the lead bedded in the forearm and scoped it is 13 lbs 3 oz. so I am hoping to shoot factory and see what this is all about.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pullit
I weighed my Remington 223 that had the lead bedded in the forearm and scoped it is 13 lbs 3 oz. so I am hoping to shoot factory and see what this is all about.

Sounds like you should be good to go. The main thing is to go and have fun. Believe me, you'll learn more in one day about your gun and flags that a years worth of practicing by yourself. Where you finish or your score is relatively insignificant in the big picture. If you come way with more questions than answers...you're on the right track. wink

At last weekends tournament, several shooters their factory guns. While the NBRSA doesn't have a 'factory' class as such, we always run range sponsored class(es) for anyone that wants to shoot. They shoot right with the other classes...same targets and scoring.

This gentleman on the right was one of the 'factory' class shooters with his 700 VS 223. He had a smile on his face all day long. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A couple other pics of the range and shooters:

The view from my bench Sunday morning. The targets are down there somewhere. grin

Have fun and good shootin' smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
IC B2

P
pullit Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Love the pictures, I managed another 3rd place finish in my 22 BR match (guess it could be worse, I could have finished 4th or lower).
Sunday looks ruff for sure, how did you finish?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Love the pictures, I managed another 3rd place finish in my 22 BR match (guess it could be worse, I could have finished 4th or lower).
Sunday looks ruff for sure, how did you finish?

Congrats! smile

I ended up with a 3rd and 4th finish and a 5th. I was using a new front rest and rear bag combo and fought some issues with it dropping shots straight out the bottom. Changing the rear bag and moving the fore end stop location calmed it down quite a bit for the 200.

Good shootin' -Al

Forbidden Zoner
P
pullit Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nice shooting to you and congrats as well.
I just got a new rest in with one of Butch's Shade Tree tops on if Friday afternoon before the shoot on Sat. so I did not even fool with it as I knew I would not have time to figure it out. I don't need a reason to shoot myself in the foot on purpose, I do it enough as it is without even trying.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
how can i find out more about UBR ? and is there any shoots in Minnesota and a contact person in Minnesota ? thank you ,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pete53
how can i find out more about UBR ? and is there any shoots in Minnesota and a contact person in Minnesota ? thank you ,Pete53

Nope. Ohio is the closest.

http://ultimatebenchrest.com/

CONTACTS
DANNY HENSLEY

8099 SUGAR RUN RD.
JONESVILLE, VA 24263
CELL# 276-393-2206
E-MAIL prologrpeoplepc.com

Swifty
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by pete53

Nope. Ohio is the closest.

http://ultimatebenchrest.com/

CONTACTS
DANNY HENSLEY

8099 SUGAR RUN RD.
JONESVILLE, VA 24263
CELL# 276-393-2206
E-MAIL [email protected]

thanks ,well maybe someday ? and understand the bench rest B.S. too ,been there and don`t do that anymore

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Do you load at the matches or preload and bump seating depth or?

I have 50 cases made up for this gun. I come preloaded and then just load at the range. For seating depth, I seat them normally and then check them again before I go to the line as the bullets will creep .003-.004.

There's a lot of powder in there...... wink -Al

Hi Al,
Are you shooting a 30br? I remember the loads for mine were pretty full as well laugh
Congrats on your latest match!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by colodog
Hi Al, Are you shooting a 30br? I remember the loads for mine were pretty full as well laugh

Yes...30BR. Most are using the .925 long jacket but I make my bullets on the 1.00" J4 jackets.

I stepped away from active competition in registered IBS and NBRSA tournaments in 2013 to go drag racing again. I'm shooting a few select NBRSA tournaments this season. It's amazing how many little things about shooting in match conditions that I've had to 'relearn'...stuff I used to do without even thinking when I was traveling and competing almost every other weekend.

Good stuff! smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I shot in a club match yesterday that uses the same format, and may go to the one in Winchester Indiana this Sunday.

"Give a lazy man the toughest job, and he will find the easiest way to do it"
P
pullit Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Due to other things going on, I did not make it to the match I had hoped to shoot this past weekend. Maybe next month will be better.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
310 members (257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 30 invisible), 1,996 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,953
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.