L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Any NWTF collectors ?

A few are duplicates some of the these go back to 1995...most are from the 1990's.

None have ever been worn. I picked them up at NWTF shows and received the sponsor ones through the mail because of my (free) Silver Life Membership.

I've saw smaller piles listed on Ebay for crAzy money any one wants them make me a reasonable offer.

GB1

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I guess I'll throw them in the trash

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I first started turkey hunting I was all excited about NWTF, and was a member for several years, in addition to going to their fundraisers. After a while, I figured out two things.....they were all about money and expected their members to give them lots of it, and none of that money was being spent to help out locally. I have not been a member in years,

However, that is a cool collection and somebody should be interested in them.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
best bet is to ebay

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Some Jim Beam Wild Turkey.....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by battue
Some Jim Beam Wild Turkey.....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Nice !!!!

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
None of my business, but I don’t see a for sale or anyone want these posted. We’re not mind readers, Byron

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have the Jim Beam decanters as well. I bought out a couple of collections of them and resold them. Some of mine still contain the contents.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow. Now that's an awesome collection! I'd like to see close ups of those.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Wow. Now that's an awesome collection! I'd like to see close ups of those.

There were 3 series of those decanters. The first series were quite honestly very ugly and looked nothing like a wild turkey, and did not interest me in the least. The second series are those in the display case, and the third are those on the wall. I like those on the wall the best, there are 12 different decanters in that series.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I have the Jim Beam decanters as well. I bought out a couple of collections of them and resold them. Some of mine still contain the contents.

Diggin' that Jim Kasper ceiling border. Yep.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I guess you missed the part where I said...
"anyone wants them
make me a reasonable offer".

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't toss 'em!
I don't know what you consider a "reasonable" offer.
I would love to be a NWTF member.
But I'd also like to belong to the NRA, SAF, JPFO and GOA and whatever other pro gun/hunting associations are out there.
But I'm a "po'boy" and can't afford all those dues.
I dropped my NRA and SAF memberships because every time I went to the mailbox, at least once a month, I would throw away probably $5 worth of color printed literature, begging for money!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
Don't toss 'em!
I don't know what you consider a "reasonable" offer.
I would love to be a NWTF member.
But I'd also like to belong to the NRA, SAF, JPFO and GOA and whatever other pro gun/hunting associations are out there.
But I'm a "po'boy" and can't afford all those dues.
I dropped my NRA and SAF memberships because every time I went to the mailbox, at least once a month, I would throw away probably $5 worth of color printed literature, begging for money!

I quit the NRA and NWTF because of the constant begging for money, yet the people who ran those organizations lived like kings.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm a member of the NRA because my gun club requires it as a condition of membership. But I'm a member of the Virginia Citizens Defense League and the 2nd Ammendment Foundation because they actually get things done.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was a member of the NWTF for years because I was going to their local banquets and the price to get in included your yearly membership dues. I coached our county SCTP program in skeet and sporting clays and we had to have a 503C (I think that is what it was called) and the local NWTF chapter was our sponsor. I felt like I needed to support them as they were supporting us. That said, I quit coaching 2 years ago and have not been a NWTF in the last 2 years either.
I am a life member of the NRA, changed my membership to a life membership back during the Clinton time frame.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I'm a member of the NRA because my gun club requires it as a condition of membership. But I'm a member of the Virginia Citizens Defense League and the 2nd Ammendment Foundation because they actually get things done.

Well key us in on what you're Johnny come lately groups have got done in comparison to what the NRA has accomplished over the years.

As usual you have your wires crOssed.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
When I first started turkey hunting I was all excited about NWTF, and was a member for several years, in addition to going to their fundraisers. After a while, I figured out two things.....they were all about money and expected their members to give them lots of it, and none of that money was being spent to help out locally. I have not been a member in years,

That's exactly right. NWTF is not for turkeys at all. It's for the NWTF.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tzone

That's exactly right. NWTF is not for turkeys at all. It's for the NWTF.

Took me a lotta years and a lotta donations before I figured that out. Call me a slow learner............

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Now we have a new group of Turkey hunter leeches looking to make a buck off the declining Wild Turkey populations across the country......"Turkeys for Tomorrow".

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 40 invisible), 1,951 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,464
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.