Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by reivertom
The same type of folks that always get angry when somebody talks bad about pit bulls after a child is torn to shreds, are the same type that think their perfect dog would never do that.... It is also what the pit bull owners in stories like this always think. They think that right up until the dog rips out somebody's throat......and sometimes even after.....
If a pit comes on my place the owner better be running behind him trying to catch him with leash in hand.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Story told before, but....

Early ‘90s and my brother had a neighbor with 3 pits. They had no problems for several years, then one day they snuck thru the fence and attacked bro. Aside from injuries to limbs, they manage to rip the scalp and a large part of his face on the right side, and his ear. It wasn’t torn completely off, but his skull was well exposed.

I visited a few days after he returned from the hospital, and shortly thereafter was greeted by the pits, tails wagging etc. They never made it home, but I will tell you truly, there were some gators living a few miles away that were my best buddies a short while later.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by slumlord
Say hello to my little friend

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRkDNqfM/?k=1

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roll them or they roll you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Early ‘90s and my brother had a neighbor with 3 pits. They had no problems for several years, then one day they snuck thru the fence and attacked bro. Aside from injuries to limbs, they manage to rip the scalp and a large part of his face on the right side, and his ear. It wasn’t torn completely off, but his skull was well exposed.

I visited a few days after he returned from the hospital, and shortly thereafter was greeted by the pits, tails wagging etc. They never made it home, but I will tell you truly, there were some gators living a few miles away that were my best buddies a short while later.

I thought pits were good for nothing but I never thought about gator bait!

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

I thought pits were good for nothing but I never thought about gator bait!

Pitts make good hog catch dogs

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Last friday or saturday a guy was walking his mid-size mutt that looked to have a bit of a blocky head, but not what I'd call a pit or pit mix per se.
I ride my bike passing him and the dog is going 100% batschit crazy lunging at me, all the while the owner is saying he's ok he's ok , he won't do anything. Right in front of the two local daycare businesses are, but were closed, although several small children play on the sidewalks there.

Monday a woman pulled alongside me while I was biking, pitbull head and one leg out back window in a 4 door car, going batschit crazy she screamed shut-up and it did. LAF.
Twice in a few days, I thought, who enjoys having a dog that completely loses its mind every time it sees a person.

Dan,

Howdy.
I missed that story, > good stuff !!!

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fugg pits and the dumbasses who own them. Any one of them can snap at any moment. Numbers dont lie. They are responsible for MOST dog attacks that end with a human death. They are deadly and the owner should be held fully responsible for what they do. Your dumbass wants one of these pile of chit dogs, you go to jail if it mauls someone. Pretty easy. Dickhead in my small town had one that kept getting loose. It showed up twice at my property snarling and growling. I walked over to these idiots after warning them the first time it happened and told them the next time I see that dog out of its property im throwing a chunk of leads in its head. Havent seen it in 2 years now

Last edited by gunchamp; 07/21/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That dog literally pissed itself.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Were they DNA tested to determine they were Pit Bulls? If not, this is nothing more than Pit Bullism, and this crap needs to stop.

Why are you such a d-bag through and through? How about a little sympathy for the poor devil who got the chop? Instead you instantly become pitbull apologist. Just fugg off Barnyard.

Last edited by bluefish; 07/21/22.

The way life should be.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Paul is a fan of the book of sarcasm.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by bluefish
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Were they DNA tested to determine they were Pit Bulls? If not, this is nothing more than Pit Bullism, and this crap needs to stop.

Why are you such a d-bag through and through? How about a little sympathy for the poor devil who got the chop? Instead you instantly become pitbull apologist. Just fugg off Barnyard.

Bluefish I'm pretty sure you missed some sarcasm there.

As far as pits go if I had a clean shot at a pit and a coyote at the same time I'd shoot the pit first. I've never liked them.

I'm a Newfy fan myself.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Breed Aggressiveness

Many municipalities have laws against owning Pit bulldogs due to their aggressiveness and powerful jaws that can produce a lot of damage. However, according to the American Veterinary Medical Association, there is not an exact breed to stand out as being the most dangerous in the world. The American Veterinary Medical Association points out that smaller dogs are more likely to exhibit signs of aggression than bigger ones.

As reported by a dog bite study by the University of Pennsylvania, the most aggressive dog breeds are Dachshunds and Chihuahua, which are typical family dogs. The next six dog breeds classified above the Pit bull in this study are:

Dachshund
Short stature
Australian Cattle Dog
Border Collie
Beagle

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
And pitbulls are responsible for more deaths than all of them combined.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I heard it was a band of merry Dachshunds.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Not another golden retriever mauling?!

Seriously, why is anyone w/o a knife that can be operated with one hand? This is what I carry. Feed em your weak arm and stab em to death with the other.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LOL
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This topic has been discussed here for years. Pit bulls are an unpredictable breed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BlueDuck
Just one more reason to carry all the time.
This ^^^
I have noticed that folks who are prohibited from owning firearms get mean dogs. If you lose your right to own a firearm, not being able to own a vicious dog should be included. It appears they own nothing but a crappy house so they have nothing you could sue them for.
kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 07/21/22.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by hanco
How bout a little 9 or .380

Yep. Beats the schitt out of a stick.

You aren't going to stop one pit bull with a stick. A neighbors pit bull attacked my horse as was loading her into a trailer. I hit that pit with a hoe handle. Pit never reacted to being hit. I had to use my pistol to disengage the attack

No schitt Sherlock. That was my point. Last one I killed that roamed on to the Ranch succumbed to lead poisoning. Of the 00 Buck variety. The other mutt that was in the pack took a load going away. Never saw him again. Guessing another terminal case of lead poisoning.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Roll them or they roll you.

LOL. Yep. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase. 😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Rancher buddy had a cow in an enlosure that was getting harrassed by a mix one . Two teen age girls walking it with no leash. H chased it off and it mimmediately attacked a small dog of the neighbors on their porch before returning to my friend's cow which it grabbed by the nose. He couldn't knock it off so he went in and got his shotgun, backed up a good ways with the girls behind him and peppered that dog's ass. Short time later a pickup comes skidding to stop in his drive and a guy starts pointing a finger at him shouting "you shot my dog". My buddy said "you mean the one roaming free attacking my cow and neighbors pet- hell yeah I shot it. If it comes back it wont be returning". The two jockeyed around each other waiting to see who was going to throw first punch before my friends wife ran out to tell him she had called the sheriff anfd to get the "F" outta there. Guy drove off. Bit later his unhappy wife pulls up with the girls complaining they could have been hurt. Buddy explained to her had them behind him, he offered them a ride home, offered them a collar and leash and that the dog had returned and to look at the nose on his cow. She asked the girls if that was true, they nodded.
Lady sighed and said that was a bit different story than what she was led to believe. She apologized for the incident and said her husband would not be returning.

He has had new born calves get circled by dogs of various breeds that come from a trailer park not far off. Somehow some of those dogs must have,,,,run away......or something. Owners saying they missed their dogs.

My nephew had a similar experience when he was in HS. They lived in a little country subdivision where each lot was 5 to 7 acres.
Heard a commotion out back and saw his neighbors 2 Pitt bulls harassing his 4-H Show Sheep in the process.
His little brother was running to the sheep pen to try and scare the dogs off. He grabbed his Dad’s 12 ga 1100 from behind the back door and killed both of them. Neighbor’s wife saw it and screamed she was calling the Sheriff on him. He told her to go ahead.
Deputy arrived, a asked my nephew what happened.
He explained it and the Deputy said “Good shooting son”. Waved his hat to the neighbor lady and drove away. 🤠

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/22/22.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
285 members (1minute, 204guy, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 29aholic, 41 invisible), 2,170 guests, and 997 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,627
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.