24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Simply de-criminalizing weed was too easy. They had to find a way to industrialize and tax it.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The crane operator we used years ago to set our trusses was always stoned. I remember sitting on top plate of wall 3 stories high, and ducking from the incoming trusses. Dude was so stoned he nearly took my head off a couple times. Machinery & weed don't mix. I don't care if they legalize it or not. Pills & booze are more harmful in my opinion. To each their own.

Romans 5:1
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Who is that fellow?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raeford
"However, not every provision in this bill is so rosy. On top of the already hefty state taxes imposed on the industry, the bill would also institute a federal excise tax of 5 to 25% on cannabis. Obviously, this would be problematic for small cannabis businesses."

The 'why'

Correct. And what happens legal stuff gets to expensive?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hookeye
New weed does damage faster.

Old 70s wake n bakes often made it 60 before mentally cracking......medically determined to be schizophrenia.
Nursing home.

New stuff has 30 yr olds damn near retarded

Dunno if new in moderation has an quicker expected damage date. Stoners dont fuggin care.

The truth nobody wants to hear....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The world is getting fugged up as Hogan's goat anyway.

Might as well light up and mellow out.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
"However, not every provision in this bill is so rosy. On top of the already hefty state taxes imposed on the industry, the bill would also institute a federal excise tax of 5 to 25% on cannabis. Obviously, this would be problematic for small cannabis businesses."

The 'why'

Correct. And what happens legal stuff gets to expensive?
fuggin revenuers.

gonna hafta find someone to change some words and update this song:

lt,

you been in TX for awhile? No bootleggin goin on in dry town and counties? All booze sales and imbibing was on the up and up, right?

Bet if you lived or worked in a dry area you knew a few folks that broke some rules, maybe even a judge or cop?

Maybe, if the Goobermint kept their grubby paws off it, at least to a minimum (1% would likely bring in $ Billions) the legal stuff wouldn't get too expensive?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Dope smoking is the path to a more conservative USA. Right.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
The crane operator we used years ago to set our trusses was always stoned. I remember sitting on top plate of wall 3 stories high, and ducking from the incoming trusses. Dude was so stoned he nearly took my head off a couple times. Machinery & weed don't mix. I don't care if they legalize it or not. Pills & booze are more harmful in my opinion. To each their own.

He needed a come to Jesus meeting. I’ve been 3 stories up on an outside wall hangin on with my legs along with friends. That guy would have caught hell.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by hookeye
New weed does damage faster.

Old 70s wake n bakes often made it 60 before mentally cracking......medically determined to be schizophrenia.
Nursing home.

New stuff has 30 yr olds damn near retarded

Dunno if new in moderation has an quicker expected damage date. Stoners dont fuggin care.

The truth nobody wants to hear....

Just need two bong hits instead of a whole fatty to reach Nirvana now. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Newcastle Brown, I'm tellin' you, it can sure smack you down
Take a greasy whore and a rollin' dance floor
It's got your head spinnin' round
If you live on the road, well there's a new highway code
You take the urban noise with some Durban poison
It's gonna lessen your load

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Morewood

The 'why'

Hello black market.

What this really means is that DC scum like Schumer have found a way to make big business profit bigly from this and squash the little guys already there. Same old DC horseshit.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
You stoners crack me up. People should be able to do whatever they want as long as they don't screw over other people doing it. Personally I can't take the skunk's azz smell LOL. To each his own.

Don't partake myself nowadays either. But, I'm a child of the sixties and seventies and know plenty of Boomers who are democrat single agenda voters because of all the laws against marijuana. Other than this, they would vote Republican probably.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Morewood

The 'why'

Hello black market.

What this really means is that DC scum like Schumer have found a way to make big business profit bigly from this and squash the little guys already there. Same old DC horseshit.
They also must have come to some arrangement with their Cartel buddies that will benefit both.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
In places where it is legal, they are already seeing marijuana getting stronger and stronger, as people get desensitized and need ever stronger hits. Some of it is now so concentrated that if a first-timer tried it, he could die. Hospitals are reporting a sharp rise in MJ overdoses. People who now smoke it every day have brain damage. Also, just as predicted, highway accidents and death rates are soaring in those states.

That whole "it's harmless and non-addicting" line is crap.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and didn't like it. I didn't inhale and I didn't try it again."

Life is good live it while you can.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
In places where it is legal, they are already seeing marijuana getting stronger and stronger, as people get desensitized and need ever stronger hits. Some of it is now so concentrated that if a first-timer tried it, he could die. Hospitals are reporting a sharp rise in MJ overdoses. People who now smoke it every day have brain damage. Also, just as predicted, highway accidents and death rates are soaring in those states.

Lot of not so in that. Not trying to glorify weed but issues with potency are usually because someone added a little something (they called it Illy here adding formaldehyde or even fentanyl). And those adding it are selling to the black community. Also seen some fake weed being sold that has god knows what in it. I put 30 years in a career fire department and my son is a paramedic and no one here in Connecticut are seeing that. Flame on.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Mike_S

Lot of not so in that. Not trying to glorify weed but issues with potency are usually because someone added a little something (they called it Illy here adding formaldehyde or even fentanyl). And those adding it are selling to the black community. Also seen some fake weed being sold that has god knows what in it. I put 30 years in a career fire department and my son is a paramedic and no one here in Connecticut are seeing that. Flame on.

Colorado is seeing it. That is increased THC not the things you mentioned and young people are dying.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I agree and the same applies to alcohol. Yet many people can and do handle alcohol just fine, many on a daily basis. So where do you draw the line as far as what's illegal? I've met a few people who can't drink alcohol, so they partake in the devil's weed. Is it your call to make their choice illegal?

As far as people dying, you read about alcohol poisoning cases all the time. Frat boy initiation gone wrong, skid row bum found in the gutter and so forth.

I've never read about a case of marijuana poisoning, although I'm sure it happens.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I will not argue that alcohol is fine while marijuana is not. But the fact is that alcohol has been legal for a very long time, and marijuana has not. There is no need to legalize something else that causes so many societal problems.

According to the article I read, "normal" marijuana contains something like 2% THC. The stuff that growers have now developed can have as much as 98%. I'll have to find that article to be sure of those numbers, but they're close.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
687 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 78 invisible), 3,081 guests, and 1,468 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,678
Posts18,399,550
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.