Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Anyone have any recommendation for a decent tire inflator to keep in the kids suv for a low tire situation? Thanks !

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a couple of these and they seem to work great
https://www.harborfreight.com/12v-150-psi-compact-air-compressor-63184.html

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just bought a Milwaukee unit because I have the batteries already. I have a Milwaukee impact that uses the same battery so killed two birds with one stone. Seems good and gets good reviews. Haven’t really put it to the test though. Just a low quad tire which is what it will be used for mostly. Airing up 37’s when leaving the trail would be a better test.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I use this on my girlfriend's car. Easy to attach to the battery. The wires and the tube are long, so you can easily work all 4 tires. The tube screws onto the valve stem, so you don't have to sit there and hold the nozzle onto the valve stem. Accurate pressure gauge is affixed to the unit, just stand there and watch it run it up to 42 psi and you are done. Highly recommended.

https://www.amazon.com/Viair-00088-88P-Portable-Compressor/dp/B005ASY23I

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The 20v Hart brand air compressor that Wal-Mart sells works very well. I got one for each vehicle. The batteries are a little pricey, but you can usually buy them on eBay for less than you'd pay for them in the store. Without the battery and charger, they are currently advertised for $27 on walmart.com

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Couple years ago I bought a Vair 88P. Kept it in a work pickup and the few times I used it worked fine.

I've since upgraded to a larger model and gave the 88P to my sister in law, who has bad luck with tires.

For passenger vehicle type use the 88P is good to go.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Higginez
I just bought a Milwaukee unit because I have the batteries already. I have a Milwaukee impact that uses the same battery so killed two birds with one stone. Seems good and gets good reviews. Haven’t really put it to the test though. Just a low quad tire which is what it will be used for mostly. Airing up 37’s when leaving the trail would be a better test.

I did the same thing only with Ryobi because I already had their tools and batteries. The inflator I bought has a pressure setting and shuts off automatic. Works really well for low pressure tires like ATV, UTV and pump up sprayer. Takes a while on larger tires. I have a twelve volt inflator I carry in the Gator on the ranch. I haven't found any that work very well above 40 psi. They are slow and useful mainly for emergencies which is apparently what you want.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I bought a cheapo from Walmart a number of years ago. Plugs into the lighter. Actually works very well

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
We have the mid-priced Slime tire air pumps in both vehicles. They work great.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Higginez
I have the 18 volt and had the 12 volt Milwaukee both work great. The 18 volt will pump a completely flat tire to 50lbs under 10 minutes. It works so great I gave the 12 volt one to my brother

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Few years ago, the wife bought one of those from Lowes. One of their "Kobalt" branded tools. We have only used it a few times so far on a lawn tractor tire that had a slow leak, but I have zero complaints about it. Works good and easy to use.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Dewalt. It comes w a long cord incase your battery dies. Also fills tubes and such for the boat. I love mine. Set the psi and walk away. It'll shut off at the desired poundage. I use it all over my farm.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I carry one that I've had for 30+ years, so it isn't made any more. But I suggest you get one that plugs into a "lighter" outlet (cars don't have lighters now) since you'll always have that power supply.

Edit to add: the guy at "Project Farm" on youtube reviewed a bunch of these some time back. He found both good and awful models. Worth a watch. Here's a list of everything he has tested: LINK

Last edited by RockyRaab; 07/23/22.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
We have the mid-priced Slime tire air pumps in both vehicles. They work great.

Same

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not a 12V but battery operated. Some friends have a DeWalt 20v battery inflator that really puts out some air. It's a little bulky but it sure works.

[Linked Image from dewalt.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Viair builds pretty good ones

This one would be minimum for truck tires----$80

Having a bag/pouch included is a plus

I prefer the direct connection battery clips

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I have a couple of Slime versions, a mid range version in my truck, and a compact powersport model that fits in underseat compartment of my ATV. Satisfied with both.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't use a battery powered unit in your vehicle. You can just about guarantee it will have a dead battery when you need it most out in the middle of nowhere. One that lugs into a 12V accessory outlet (cigarette lighter for us old guys) or clips to the battery directly is much more reliable at any time IMO...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup, that was my advice above. You can even buy a thingie that has terminal clamps connecting to an accessory outlet, like a Y. That allows you to bypass any fuses in case your pump draws more than the accessory circuit allows.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
206 members (12344mag, 160user, 257 roberts, 257robertsimp, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 20 invisible), 1,865 guests, and 864 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,787
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.