Campfire Ranger
S
avascular necrosis sucks

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I'm betting the good black folks already know the difference as well.

And I'm sure they'd love to hear chilinstructor explain it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Guy was a freak of nature on the football and baseball fields.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

ThE Campfire Collective: #gheyshorts #phaggyhelmet

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The Campfire Collective: #swoon #mancrush

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I mentioned J.J.Watt in the OP.

I believe that J.J. Started out with a goal to raise 10 million$ To assist hurricane victims (hurricane Harvey?) and the actual amount went well over 30 million$. A big pile of that was J.J.’s own money.

I think that’s right.

I was told a long while back that upon visiting a VA facility in San Antonio to visit a friend (or family member there) Denzel Washington donated 10 million$ to that facility. Not sure about this. I need to DuckDuckGo it.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Guy was a freak of nature on the football and baseball fields.

You bet he was.

Supposedly in the training room J.J. Watt could stand flat footed, do a 3/4 squat and jump up on the top of a 5.5 foot high table time after time.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Great man! I wish he hadn’t jacked up his hip!

Last edited by hanco; 07/23/22.
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Houston_2
I mentioned J.J.Watt in the OP.

I believe that J.J. Started out with a goal to raise 10 million$ To assist hurricane victims (hurricane Harvey?) and the actual amount went well over 30 million$. A big pile of that was J.J.’s own money.

I think that’s right.

I was told a long while back that upon visiting a VA facility in San Antonio to visit a friend (or family member there) Denzel Washington donated 10 million$ to that facility. Not sure about this. I need to DuckDuckGo it.

Well, Denzel.

According to VT, upon visiting, Denzel did make a sizable (unspecified amount, Private) to the Fisher House Program.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by worriedman
I remember him running over Bosworth, I mean running over his butt.

I was reading a book of short stories about football and the various stories different guys had about their pro football days. One of the stories was about a lineman that lined up opposite Brian Bozworth when he was a rookie in the NFL. He said that The Boz was a big dude as far as his roided up musculature was concerned but he had one giant genetic difference that roids couldn’t overcome….he had extremely small feet for his size and frame. The guy telling the story said that he knew that those small feet would be a hindrance to The Boz’s balance. He said that a slight modification in his approach when dealing with The Boz kept Boz off balance and clumsy. 😂

What a AMAZING man Bo is to do that for the victims in Uvalde, may God be with them all.

Boz.

Coach Switzer (sp?) in later years referred to Boz as an anomaly having super strength, desire and natural talent but suffered from “a poor understanding “. Few knew what Barry was talking about.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
LMFAOROTFF! Even Chris Rock gets it. My black friends I grew up with say the same thing.

Flaves to dumb to see it. Or can’t face the Truth. Alcohol killed what few brain cells he had. 🤪😂

I'd love to see you explain that to the black friends you never had.

LOL

#fullofschit

LMAO !
Whatever Liar. You’re sounding more & more like a Yankee DemoRat POS every day. Deflection, Denial, and more Projection. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Now run along for your next beer run on your little manbun scooter. #ToomanyDUI’sToDrive 😂😂😂

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/23/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bo knows the campfire. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I was reading a book of short stories about football and the various stories different guys had about their pro football days. One of the stories was about a lineman that lined up opposite Brian Bozworth when he was a rookie in the NFL. He said that The Boz was a big dude as far as his roided up musculature was concerned but he had one giant genetic difference that roids couldn’t overcome….he had extremely small feet for his size and frame. The guy telling the story said that he knew that those small feet would be a hindrance to The Boz’s balance. He said that a slight modification in his approach when dealing with The Boz kept Boz off balance and clumsy. 😂

What a AMAZING man Bo is to do that for the victims in Uvalde, may God be with them all.

Boz.

Coach Switzer (sp?) in later years referred to Boz as an anomaly having super strength, desire and natural talent but suffered from “a poor understanding “. Few knew what Barry was talking about.

Ole Barry was probably the only idiot on the team that was dumber than Bos. 🤪😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Boz.

Ole Barry was probably the only idiot on the team that was dumber than Bos. 🤪😂

Well, Ole Barry walked away being a rich idiot. No denying that.

His book was moderately interesting. Moonshiner’s Son ,,,or something like that.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Walter Payton and Warwick Dunn are 2 more that gave back much to their communities.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
His book was moderately interesting.

I don't think you run the risk of your ramblings being accused of that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bo is a good guy.

After an EF4 tornado that was 1.5 miles WIDE at one point ripped not only thru Tuscolusa AL but flattened several tiny towns that had no tornado warning sirens or shelters, Bo wanted to do something to help.

He began Bo Bike’s Bama. People from all over the country enter and donate to raise money for tornado warning sirens and community shelters in rural Alabama. He works with the American Red Cross to make this happen.

He and Charles Barkley both have done a number of very personal humanitarian things not for publicity but because they’ve been moved to do it.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by hatari
Bo is a good guy.

After an EF4 tornado that was 1.5 miles WIDE at one point ripped not only thru Tuscolusa AL but flattened several tiny towns that had no tornado warning sirens or shelters, Bo wanted to do something to help.

He began Bo Bike’s Bama. People from all over the country enter and donate to raise money for tornado warning sirens and community shelters in rural Alabama. He works with the American Red Cross to make this happen.

He and Charles Barkley both have done a number of very personal humanitarian things not for publicity but because they’ve been moved to do it.

Yep.

Had forgotten about Charles Barkley.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
Bo is a good guy.

Something like this?

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
https://bobikesbama.com/

Bo's a good dude.

Bo wears spandex.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bo does wear spandex.

I did not tease either him nor Desmond Howard this April.😉

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by ewc
Bo Jackson is the greatest athlete that ever lived. And one hell of a great human.
I've never been one to claim "the greatest ever" for anything, because there are so many variables that go into that title. However, anyone that doesn't believe that Bo Jackson was one of the most phenomenal athletes of our time has rocks in his head. As an AU grad about 10 years ahead of him, I have followed his career and life from day one at Auburn. He even played high school ball across the road from the cemetery where most of my ancestors (dating back to before the War of the Northern Aggression) are buried, although I didn't know that until his Auburn years.

His archery mentor was an Opelika businessman named George Mann. I've never met Bo but spent some time with Mr. Mann at his home/wildlife museum on the outskirts of Auburn. He related many stories of archery hunting with Bo around the South, Alaska, and Canada. Some were quite humorous, but they all proved that his athletic expertise extended over to his archery skills.

Mr. Mann stopped using firearms in 1973 and bowhunted the world after that. One entire wall in his office was covered with P&Y certificates of his record book kills. I wish now I had counted them, but there had to have been dozens! The full-sized mounts in his museum were awe inspiring. The museum was moved to the Montgomery Zoo a while back. I need to go over there to see those animals again. I got to meet him because he invited my son over to hunt with him. He loved to take kids out to kill their first deer on his place. Nathan killed a doe and an 8 point hunting with him that day. Nate later got a certificate from him to that effect and his certificate was number 214! George told me that day that the 'oldest kid' he'd taken to kill their first deer was 73. BTW, I wasn't allowed in the shooting house with him....just Nate and Mr. Mann.

Charles Kelly, longtime director of Alabama's Game and Fish Department, was on a hunt with Bo and watched him trying to field dress a deer he'd killed. Bo was having a real problem trying to split the deer's sternum and Charles said, "Bo, that's got to be an awfully dull knife. With your upper body strength, you should be able to split that rib cage with a boat paddle"! Then he handed Bo his knife which zipped right through the sternum. Chares told Bo just to keep the knife and Bo promptly threw his old knife as far down into the woods as he could.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 6MMWASP, 13 invisible), 1,665 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,660
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.