Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Utah Taxes the Rain Water coming off your roof

Unless you had water rights from way back there are not a lot of Land Owners that have water rights at all in Commyfornia.
All the local Gooberments have purchased (confiscated the rights a 100 years ago) and now they are trying to steel the rights from each other. This has been going on for a long time.

Los Angeles stole the water rights away from the Owen Valley and the Owen Valley is a 100+ miles away
The City of Redlands (close to where I live) stole the water rights from the ranchers in Oak Glen 40 to 50 miles away from that city about 30 years ago. They drove most of the Apple producers to close their Orchards and now they import their apples from out of State with very little grown in the local area.
These Gooberment Jurisdictions are constantly finding new ways to screw the People for Decades

Last edited by funshooter; 07/23/22.
GB1

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
They’ll be taxing oxygen next.

There are a lot of oxygen thieves in the world.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by nahma_mich
I just wonder what will be the tipping point in all this B.S. that makes people take up arms.

All we need is a strong leader.
People here are waiting for that and when we get one it will be on.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
California has been putting meters on windmills for years, There's couple of states that won't let you use rain water or any kind of run off, if a rain drop hits the ground they own it. Rio7

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
A "filing fee" is $300, plus $10 per acre-foot, plus 25% penalties.

In Idaho, it takes 5 or 6 acre feet per acre to grow crops. More for long season crops like sugar beets, less for short season crops like wheat.

California has a much longer growing season than does Idaho. They often grow two crops per season, where we can only get one.

Without actual data, I might make a guess that California Ag could easily require 10 acre feet per year or more. So, a $100/acre additional tax on ag lands to pump the water under your own land.

It is just a precursor to the day the "Progressives" achieve the power to "nationalize" the farm lands of America and put them into "the collective".

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by arky65
When, I, bought my property I got the mineral rights they are mine. Water oil, gas, gravel, etc.
gfy. .gov.
Oh it’s still yours.
But is it really yours? Skip a few property tax payments and see what happens.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
A "filing fee" is $300, plus $10 per acre-foot, plus 25% penalties.

In Idaho, it takes 5 or 6 acre feet per acre to grow crops. More for long season crops like sugar beets, less for short season crops like wheat.

California has a much longer growing season than does Idaho. They often grow two crops per season, where we can only get one.

Without actual data, I might make a guess that California Ag could easily require 10 acre feet per year or more. So, a $100/acre additional tax on ag lands to pump the water under your own land.

It is just a precursor to the day the "Progressives" achieve the power to "nationalize" the farm lands of America and put them into "the collective".

We have plenty of water in Commyfornia for Dust Control on Construction sites most of them use Fire Hydrants This is our Drinking water Not Reclaimed water.
We also have plenty of Water for the Golf Courses They classify them as Agriculture and they get a special reduced cost for their use over the Joe Blow Home Owners.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by arky65
When, I, bought my property I got the mineral rights they are mine. Water oil, gas, gravel, etc.
gfy. .gov.
Oh it’s still yours.
But is it really yours? Skip a few property tax payments and see what happens.

If you pay property taxes you are just Renting your property from the Gooberment.

Proove me wrong
As Stated above don't pay them and see what happens.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by papat
I think many of us with our own wells have seen this coming. Just glad I be in a very red state.
This would never fly in Kentucky either.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we fight a war over excessive taxation without representation?

Yes we did but it seems that it was so long ago that the king and his men have forgotten what the outcome was.

The time is quickly approaching when we are going to have to remind those bastards yet again.

The liberal thinks that healthcare is an absolute necessity and should be “free”. Water is an essential component for life and the liberal wants to charge you for it. 🙄

I hope that nobody in that sh.ithole state complies…..zero compliance would send a message.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like a spin off from the Obama years.

Remember when The Democrats tried to pass a bill that all rivers, dry rivers and any area that water ran off was under the control of the government. and I forget how much land from center line or river edges was included, thinking it was about 1/4 mile.

I believe that this was falling under the EPA or BLM.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we fight a war over excessive taxation without representation?
Perhaps....but the shooting match started when the brits tried to disarm the colonists in Lexington and Concord.

About 10-12 years ago the Dims in Washington state were pushing a bill to put meters on private wells and bill the landowner for their water.
Seems it's just wasn't fair that those on private wells got free water and city folk had to pay for theirs. Fortunately the pushback was massive enough that it went nowhere.

Last edited by MickeyD; 07/23/22.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have friends who farm fish in Kali, and the numbers I am hearing from them are MUCH higher than quoted above -- it seems to depend on the region. One outfit is looking at paying mid-five figures A MONTH to continue operating as they have been.

Something is going to have to give.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
This was tried In Seeley Lake, MT some years ago. That city commission was voted out in entirety.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dinny
Originally Posted by reivertom
As if the good folks victimized by their corrupt state government need another reason to pack up and leave.

Those poor people move east, buy up land and houses at alarming rates, then they feel entitled to having a say in everything, and drive like a-holes. Californians should need approval to move anywhere outside their state. Warnings to their new neighbors are in order.
My brother the good democRAT used to live in Coalville Utah. It seems Park City folks who moved in from California were making a lot of demands for services. (It seems Park City went from 20,000 folks to 70,000 folks in just a couple of years) he said something to the effect of "who do they expect to pay for those services". I told him "you". He chose to remain silent to that answer.

Well, when the county seat moved from Coalville to Park City, apparently he saw the light. He and his wife sold their house and 5 acres and moved back to Iowa.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Will require the assembly of a whole new agency.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Living near headwaters will always trump living in cities dependent upon downstream flows.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
I have friends who farm fish in Kali, and the numbers I am hearing from them are MUCH higher than quoted above -- it seems to depend on the region. One outfit is looking at paying mid-five figures A MONTH to continue operating as they have been.

We haven't received a letter here yet, and no notice of letters in our local paper yet either.

Going to hit hard out here where we live, everyone is on a well, whether private or community.

At least, as of last time I checked, I can collect any water that falls on a hard roof. As someone else said, once it hits the ground it's no longer mine.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dinny
Originally Posted by reivertom
As if the good folks victimized by their corrupt state government need another reason to pack up and leave.

Those poor people move east, buy up land and houses at alarming rates, then they feel entitled to having a say in everything, and drive like a-holes. Californians should need approval to move anywhere outside their state. Warnings to their new neighbors are in order.

cry cry cry cry cry

You're painting with a very broad brush there and not thinking very American.

Free movement between States is kinda traditional here. And we don't need permission to do so.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Dutch

We haven't received a letter here yet, and no notice of letters in our local paper yet either.

Going to hit hard out here where we live, everyone is on a well, whether private or community.

At least, as of last time I checked, I can collect any water that falls on a hard roof. As someone else said, once it hits the ground it's no longer mine.

That varies by state and how the water rights laws are written. Water rights lawyers are a branch of law all their own.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

205 members (1lessdog, 257 mag, 12344mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 280ACKIMP, 22 invisible), 1,425 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,224
Posts18,447,532
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.