Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Organized crime only deals in illegal products.

Glad to know that. I was misinformed evidently. I rest better with the knowledge the Mob never ran Vegas, or legal prostitution in Nevada. Never used legit businesses as fronts for nefarious activities.👌

Legal pot sales are a cash only business and the perfect vehicle for money laundering. Strip clubs, street drugs and legal pot sales are all controlled by OC. Every tax payer in America is a victim of these victimless activities.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Every tax payer in America is a victim of these victimless activities.

How is that?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gonenuntin',
Hemp was grown in WV during WWII. Then stopped.
It grows wild along parts of the South Branch of the Potomac to this day.
Spread by high water. Looks like Mary Jane, they claim you would get sick before you got high smoking it. Not sure now, but 20 years ago, doing
anything at all with it was illegal.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Gonenuntin',
Spread by high water. Looks like Mary Jane, they claim you would get sick before you got high smoking it. Not sure now, but 20 years ago, doing

I read a blurb way long time ago about some freaky people harvesting hemp cannabis in a midwestern state where it was once cultivated. Apparently feral hemp was doing very well on its own. Seems these folks were strangers and thought they’d hit the mother lode. They were charged and found guilty of Destruction of Wildlife Habitat. IIRC hemp was a beneficial plant for feeding and nesting birds including pheasant.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
just look at Oregon and several other states to see what a roaring success Dope Sales are and its contribution to our society...

I've always been against illegal drugs and always will be... it provides nothing to society and at the same time is a major drain on society by most of its users/ smokers, etc.

but all government bureaucrats think about is taxing things... giving them more and more of the public's money, and more and more control over every day life to get that money.... well you M.F. bureaucrats, there is only 100 pennies in a dollar, and always will be only a 100 pennies in a dollar..
but politicians still think that more and more of those pennies should all belong to them....

I'm against ALL of this Bullschidt....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
In places where it is legal, they are already seeing marijuana getting stronger and stronger, as people get desensitized and need ever stronger hits. Some of it is now so concentrated that if a first-timer tried it, he could die. Hospitals are reporting a sharp rise in MJ overdoses. People who now smoke it every day have brain damage. Also, just as predicted, highway accidents and death rates are soaring in those states.

That whole "it's harmless and non-addicting" line is crap.

This ^^^^ x 1000

Tarquin
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Seafire
just look at Oregon and several other states to see what a roaring success Dope Sales are and its contribution to our society...

I've always been against illegal drugs and always will be... it provides nothing to society and at the same time is a major drain on society by most of its users/ smokers, etc.

but all government bureaucrats think about is taxing things... giving them more and more of the public's money, and more and more control over every day life to get that money.... well you M.F. bureaucrats, there is only 100 pennies in a dollar, and always will be only a 100 pennies in a dollar..
but politicians still think that more and more of those pennies should all belong to them....

What's your stance on alcohol, probably the most harmful drug of them all.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You guys say you have never seen an ambitious or hard working pot smoker?

You also believe that churchy folks, sportsmen and all campfire people are Republicans.

It's the demographics....they don't lie.

Better than half the people you know are drinkers or pot smokers.

Some are both.

Bullshit. How come the pot smokers on here (if there are any) aren't willing to admit it?

Tarquin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by Seafire

What's your stance on alcohol, probably the most harmful drug of them all.

Its use should be strongly discouraged and it should remain regulated and perhaps be regulated more than it is.

Tarquin
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tarquin

You also believe that churchy folks, sportsmen and all campfire people are Republicans.

Some are both.

Bullshit. How come the pot smokers on here (if there are any) aren't willing to admit it?
I use to hang out with a county judge who smoked.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Some are both.

They're here and many have admitted it. Do you only read what fits your agenda?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Heym06

Some are both.

Well, this thread would certainly be the place to "own up". Has anyone done it??

Tarquin
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by funshooter
How are they going to tax it when you can grow it in your own backyard.

OH Wait it is the Gooberment and in some States they Tax the rain water that falls from the sky...

And why the "war on drugs" is never going to end is because there will always be "Revenuers" to enforce the tax laws. Just look at the sheer amount of money spent by our dear friends who enforce taxes on alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and the methods they go to.

Growing it in your backyard will be "legal", but if you "share" and don't pay your taxes on it, they will penalize you.

Absolutely no difference than making beer & wine or running a still in your house. There is a tax scheme to control it and plenty of folks to enforce it. They just choose not to "investigate" those who are producing small batches. If you were to start sharing your bounty, someone with a chip on their shoulder will dime you out and you get a visit from the tax boys.

Federal excise tax amounts on alcohol-containing beverages is based on the amount of actual alcohol present, thus beer has a lower tax per ounce than whiskey. I wonder if some bright(?) individual will do the same in regards to THC levels in commercial products?
Who knows what schemes they have in mind, but you can bet it isn't in your best interest.

Personally, I think this is a move to garner more votes for Democrats and allow multi-million dollar investments in the weed business by Congress-critters before anyone else. There's billions to be made and those leeches get first shot at it.

Folks are going to drink, use dope, use tobacco, or any other physiologically altering substance no matter what is legal or illegal.

Just my $0.02,

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Some are both.

Well, this thread would certainly be the place to "own up". Has anyone done it??
. I smoked enough to warm an igloo when I was younger! That count!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Some are both.

Is it anyone else's business?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I'd rather be a roper than a doper.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Gonenuntin',

I read a blurb way long time ago about some freaky people harvesting hemp cannabis in a midwestern state where it was once cultivated. Apparently feral hemp was doing very well on its own. Seems these folks were strangers and thought they’d hit the mother lode. They were charged and found guilty of Destruction of Wildlife Habitat. IIRC hemp was a beneficial plant for feeding and nesting birds including pheasant.

Had a friend in SoCal who had relatives in Kansas or some state near there.

Used to drive his VW Bug there, fill up a couple of big plastic trash bags with "ditch weed" , bring it back, dry it out, bag it up, sell it to the sailors and marines at the beach that just got out of boot camp. Late 60's/Early 70's. Them fellas had never seen marijuana...........................but they found out hemp smoking would give you a good......................headache.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Some are both.

I've said it before on here..................................

Unlike a certain president.........................

I may have inhaled............................

a little......................................

whistle

Last edited by Valsdad; 07/25/22.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Preemptive measure to orchestrate a prisoner swap for Britney Griener.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
370 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 38 invisible), 2,051 guests, and 905 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,970
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.