Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by viking
She was luckier then that Timothy dude up in Alaska.. If I recall there was recordings of that attack that will never be released.
There are.

It's a fake. The audio has never been released.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
from my link about NC "Bear Lady"

"In the 1970s, Karen Gray was a 6-foot beauty working the blackjack tables in Las Vegas.

She enticed men to gamble, and they bought her jewelry and furs and took her on trips to Acapulco."

Sounds like a prostitute to me. I think that most all of the "show girls" in Vegas are screwing for jewelry, furs, and expensive vacations. A bunch of prostitutes.

I love the way the article says they don't know what killed her. Might have had a heart attack, and the bears just ate the remains.

Yeah. Right.

Her pet bears wouldn't kill her would they.

Who is Karen Gray? That's not the bear lady's name.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Karen Gray was [past tense] a lady who kept pet wild bears in the swamps of North Carolina. Black bears, not grizzly.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
She was luckier then that Timothy dude up in Alaska.. If I recall there was recordings of that attack that will never be released.
There are.

I thought it was fake too, if you were getting bitten and scratched by a grizzly you wouldn't be screaming incoherently, you would be screaming things like....stop it,,,,fugg that hurts,,,,what did I do to you...and...you son of a beotch.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fake has my vote...

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
There are.

I think you are correct. It’s been a long time since this occurred. I know that at the time, they said it would not be released. Since then, I have talked to enough people who have supposedly heard the original that when I posted yesterday I figured a bootleg finally found its way onto the internet. Spending some time looking at other forums discussing this audio this morning, it seems like the consensus is that it is a reenactment fake. I’ll edit the original link to reflect that.

The only thing I can state from the first person perspective having spent some time flying around Kodiak shortly after this happened - the pilot who found TT said that what was left would fit into a 5 gallon bucket.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
There are.

I think you are correct. It’s been a long time since this occurred. I know that at the time, they said it would not be released. Since then, I have talked to enough people who have supposedly heard the original that when I posted yesterday I figured a bootleg finally found its way onto the internet. Spending some time looking at other forums discussing this audio this morning, it seems like the consensus is that it is a reenactment fake. I’ll edit the original link to reflect that.

The only thing I can state from the first person perspective having spent some time flying around Kodiak shortly after this happened - the pilot who found TT said that what was left would fit into a 5 gallon bucket.
Nothing goes to waste in nature. What a colossal retard.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JeffA
Fake has my vote...

Yep, IIRC this same fake was out years back, shortly after it happened.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What a down note. Just can't have any fun.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The video sounds more like a fruitcake getting azz raped by Chewbacca.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Sad deal for all concerned, a Darwin Award, so late in life.

Yeah it is. Her stupidity got her and a bear killed.

Curious as to your statement. I have pity for the woman.

Is it a shame the bear was euthanized?

I'm on ignore, he won't see it unless he toggles.

Fûck the bear, hope hundreds get hit by trains, lightning, and bullets this year. I hope they suffer catastrophic population losses. laugh

Hell hath no fury like the muleskinner ensconced in grizz country!

Ha!

I’d feel a little different if I didn’t face a felony for blowing the guts out of one for crossing my Hotwire, wading through my dogs, to eat a goat or pony.

Or maybe if fwp and usfws didn’t lie their collective asses off about relocated bears, and made it public knowledge what was moved, where to, when, and why. I’m convinced a hunting season or even local control isn’t going to happen.

Or a hundred other things. I like having them around. I like knowing they are out there, even when dragging a dead deer through the willows off the corner of my postage stamp having game cam pics of a big bitch there days before. It’s part of the fun.

Even this very summer I’ve laughed my ass off at the lies they spout. Just on/about my little corner of the world.

In full agreement. Just trying to save your skin from being eaten risks ruining your life after the fwp/usfws rips your colon out.
No win either way.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Remsen
Dear Grizz:

Thank you for doing your part to keep Montana free from Californians.

Extra points for being a bicyclist as well.

Hah!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
There are.

I reco the book “Grizzly Maze” by Nick Jans.

It’s the Timmy tastewell story.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
There are.

I reco the book “Grizzly Maze” by Nick Jans.

It’s the Timmy tastewell story.

Read a few of his articles over the years. Can't remember if I read that book or just some excerpts.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just when you think you’re all studly....

I rode some hundreds of miles through Montana in 2019, all on pavement.

Meanwhile a couple of thousand mountain bikers each year ride part or all of the Great Divide Trail, Alberta to the Mexican Border. Sometimes not seeing people for days,?sometimes 100 miles between reliable water. Right through griz country.

https://www.adventurecycling.org/blog/practical-advice-for-the-great-divide-mountain-bike-route/

Crap, all that pedaling I did and I’m still a wuss 🙄

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Flave?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I kinda wanted to see some autopsy photos. Maybe someone can fake those.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I kinda wanted to see some autopsy photos. Maybe someone can fake those.

Maybe these will satisfy you until some fake ones of Timmy surface.

https://imgur.io/a/bH35p

I really don't think there was enough left of those two for an autopsy.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That's rough. Real rough. Glad he survived.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
That is the 2nd griz attack in Ovando in the last year or two. The other women died also. Unless this is a rehashed story of the original.

Last edited by Just a Hunter; 07/25/22.
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
202 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 17 invisible), 1,539 guests, and 865 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,911
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.