-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 35 of 36 1 2 33 34 35 36
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will say this about our unbelieving members here, and I say this to the believers.

They truly do believe what they are saying.

How do I know this?

Because the scriptures themselves say that the Gospel is foolishness to them that are perishing.

They do not believe, because they have "hard hearts".

I pray that God would give them instead hearts of flesh, that they may understand and believe.

Until that time, please do not see unbelievers as enemies, per se. See them rather as folks who need what you were once freely given...eyes to see and ears to hear.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I never see unbelievers as enemies, Jesus didn't, he has patience, he said he had a plan for everyone... I believe him. It's his plan, I don't have to know it.

Kent

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Sort of like, a stranger is a friend I haven't met yet.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
No, I don't like most people, Jesus didn't say I had to be anyone's friend. I treat people in the worldly manner how they deserve.

Jesus treats with them spiritually, out of my jurisdiction.

Kent

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TF49
Nope…. Many times you have cut and pasted verses and then attached your own twisted and often flat out wrong interpretations.

Only according to your failed attempt at apologetics. It didn't happen as you falsely claim.

The verses say what they say and mean what they mean regardless of my comments.

I simply pointed to them and said ''look, that is what is written.''

I have called you on this many times.

You do a lot of huffing and puffing, blowing your own victory trumpet while addressing nothing at all. wink

This pattern of yours…. The misinterpretation of Biblical teaching and your lack of understanding goes back years.

Get your shiny little mirror out and look at your own patterns. Quoting verses that speak for themselves is not my lack of understanding.....it is your attempt at rebuttal when there is no rebuttal to be made.

The quoted verses say what they say regardless of you, me or anyone else.

Remember when you were rebuked by one who wondered how in the world a “non-believer”….. one who has obviously not studied the Bible …. deigns to lecture Christians about Bible and what the Bible teaches?

Rebuked? You are a funny fellow. Rebuked? Pure comedy, keep it up. smile

You are just simple troll.

Wrong again. You simply cannot tolerate having your cherished beliefs questioned.

Something that you should be doing for yourself.

You know not whereof you speak….. and what is “rich” is that you don’t seem to know it. You keep repeating your errors…..

Look in the mirror. It is not I who wrote the verses that I quoted. I make no attempt to interpret them or alter what they say. That's you, it's you want them to mean something they don't mean.

IC B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tarbe
I will say this about our unbelieving members here, and I say this to the believers.

They truly do believe what they are saying.

How do I know this?

Because the scriptures themselves say that the Gospel is foolishness to them that are perishing.

They do not believe, because they have "hard hearts".

I pray that God would give them instead hearts of flesh, that they may understand and believe.

Until that time, please do not see unbelievers as enemies, per se. See them rather as folks who need what you were once freely given...eyes to see and ears to hear.

Nobody mentioned foolishness. It's history. The bible is a testament to what people believed in the time and place when the books were written.

That is evident in the differences between the nature and character of God during the early period (a god of war) through to new testament times and the influence of Greek Philosophy (Paul's time in Greece).

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Anyone else like Doctor James Kennedy?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
Nobody mentioned foolishness.

Paul did. It's a quote from 1 Corinthians.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Atheists just can't be satisfied. They ask things like, "How could a good God let such horrible people exist without doing something?!" And then when He does (like sending the early Jews under Moses and Joshua to punish the horrendous offenders of human-kind), the same people call him "murderous" and "genocidal"... and "God of war" to quote an atheist from a few posts ago.

The 10 Commandments were written to tell us what His standards were (which no human could possibly meet after the fall by Adam and Eve). We're all guilty of breaking all of them, no matter how "good" you think you are. If you were in court for breaking the law, guilty as charged, but someone paid the fines for you (a friend or relative, for example), the judge can legally dismiss your case.

The 10 Commandments are God's Moral Law. We all broke The Law, but Jesus paid our fines... Jesus took God's wrath upon Himself because we are unable to without burning for eternity. God has always been a Loving Father, but what good father would allow his children to go completely unpunished for doing terrible things? Its so simple a child could understand, yet He confounds even the most intelligent of scholars.

I'm still praying for you guys

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

"Normal" isn't coming back; Jesus is!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Jesus says: To love one another - To love thy neighbor - To love thy enemies - And not judge others.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Last edited by Willto; 07/25/22.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tarbe
Originally Posted by DBT
Nobody mentioned foolishness.

Paul did. It's a quote from 1 Corinthians.

He was defending his faith, just like believers do to this day.

Here's another perspective from Matt;

''But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.'' Matthew 5:22

G
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
G
Wabi, Dr. D James Kennedy was a very sound biblical teacher….I miss hearing him as well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Willto

"... a religion of child sacrifice..." Says the libtard, pro-baby-killing, elitist hypocrite.

I didn't see anywhere that he, "...destroys Christianity". No evidence cited, only personal opinion of how morally reprehensible his idea of what's happening is. He twists Scripture to his own likeness and then blames a Holy God. No where does it say in The Bible to "bury children in post-holes to keep the building from being destroyed..." et al

I've said this many times, but we all "assume" that we have perfect understanding, yet had we been speaking to our 20-year-old, younger selves (who also believed he had perfect knowledge), we'd consider ourselves almost *INFINTILE*! How about ourselves 40 years from now looking at us now (who currently think we have perfect knowlege)? Now imagine a Being that has no beginning... are you so dense as to believe He WOULDN'T understand more than you?!

My son thought his pediatrician (a very sweet lady) was an absolute *MONSTER*. The same sweet lady not only gave him every shot he'd ever gotten, but also circumcised him! When she walked in the room, his eyes were not only *fixed* on her, but he threw daggars with them at the same time! hahahahaha He couldn't possibly understand that everything she did was to help him and was for his betterment.

To our *HORROR* our Holy God allows free-will. News Flash(!): People are evil and take advantage of that(!)

Mr. Harris didn't even acknowledge the over 60,000,000 babies sacrificed to the god of "me-not-being-able-to-accept-responsibility-for-having-sex" (absolutely a modern-day deity of self-absorption)

If God didn't allow free-will we would be nothing more than robots and minions, not Disciples, when we returned to Him.

As far as the billions of people who are "praying to the wrong god", he is absolutely right. My father was a life-long dummy-crack; not because of the principles of that party, but because of his father telling him the sentence, "democrats are for the workin'-man". His *actions TAUGHT ME* to be a Conservative! He willfully and obediently *VOTED FOR* (chose) everything he absolutely *DESPISED* because of his allegiance to my Grandpa's advice. The point is, he had *MULTIPLE OPPORTUNITIES* to do what he *KNEW* to be correct but was too pig-headed to do so.

God makes Himself known to every human on earth and then gives us free-will. I often asked the girls in my Youth Ministry class about a guy whom they had no interest in, but wouldn't leave them alone. Every one of them called this person a "STALKER". God is not a stalker. He *offers* you eternal life in paradise, but you have the choice to invite Him into your heart... or not. He will *never* burst through the door.

He doesn't *SEND ANYONE TO HELL*, we send ourselves through *our choices*. When we speed, is it the cop's fault for witnessing *our actions* or ours for taking those actions in the first place?!

And the worst thing that none of us can admit: Sometimes *our actions* lead to other people getting hurt. Terrorists fire missiles at Israel from children's hospitals and then blame Israelis for the deaths of those children. While I'm well aware that's an extreme example, my actions as a gambler in the stock-market (which led to real estate) almost took not only myself out financially, but my family, my brother's family *and* my parents. Had we all gone bankrupt, how honest would it have been if I'd *blamed God* for the misfortune?! All of those "... children dying" are the faults of the *decisions of people* around them and long before them, all the way back to the originals that brought sin (and therefore, death) into this world.

Its so simple, even a child can understand, but He confounds even the most intelligent scholars on earth.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

And yet it doesn't work. There's a clue there if you look for it.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Nope…. Many times you have cut and pasted verses and then attached your own twisted and often flat out wrong interpretations.

Only according to your failed attempt at apologetics. It didn't happen as you falsely claim.

The verses say what they say and mean what they mean regardless of my comments.

I simply pointed to them and said ''look, that is what is written.''

I have called you on this many times.

You do a lot of huffing and puffing, blowing your own victory trumpet while addressing nothing at all. wink

This pattern of yours…. The misinterpretation of Biblical teaching and your lack of understanding goes back years.

Get your shiny little mirror out and look at your own patterns. Quoting verses that speak for themselves is not my lack of understanding.....it is your attempt at rebuttal when there is no rebuttal to be made.

The quoted verses say what they say regardless of you, me or anyone else.

Remember when you were rebuked by one who wondered how in the world a “non-believer”….. one who has obviously not studied the Bible …. deigns to lecture Christians about Bible and what the Bible teaches?

Rebuked? You are a funny fellow. Rebuked? Pure comedy, keep it up. smile

You are just simple troll.

Wrong again. You simply cannot tolerate having your cherished beliefs questioned.

Something that you should be doing for yourself.

You know not whereof you speak….. and what is “rich” is that you don’t seem to know it. You keep repeating your errors…..

Look in the mirror. It is not I who wrote the verses that I quoted. I make no attempt to interpret them or alter what they say. That's you, it's you want them to mean something they don't mean.

You do indeed quote/twist and misinterpret.

Do it again and I will likely call you on it……again.

Like I said, you don’t comprehend.

Btw… legit questioning and inquiry is just fine. Haven’t seen much of that from you.

Last edited by TF49; 07/26/22.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The original version of Christianity doesn’t dangle by the threads that atheists like to hang it on…like the historicity of a six-day creation, or the Red Sea crossing, or the genocidal Ancient Jews, or their clear agenda driven deliberate misinterpretation of certain Bible verses, and so on. If science says that it’s physically impossible for Noah to have gotten two of every animal species in creation on one boat, that’s certainly no cause for Jesus followers to wring their hands and become agnostics or atheists. The original version of Christianity is founded on something way bigger than all of that.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Willto

And yet it doesn't work. There's a clue there if you look for it.

HA! Typical lib-tactics (you're using them). Skip over everything you don't agree with, cite no fact or source, and claim victory. hahahahaha Not a great group to immitate (if you're not one, already, but membership here allows the assumption that you're not).

Maybe there's a clue in *there* if *you* look for it! hahahahahahaha

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by P_Weed
Jesus says: To love one another - To love thy neighbor - To love thy enemies - And not judge others.

You are missing several quotes where Jesus told us to judge.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 35 of 36 1 2 33 34 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (1badf350, 16penny, 10Glocks, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,856
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.