Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No.

I regret not enlisting when I was 18 but I wouldn’t enlist in todays military.

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Many of us joined up because we'd have been drafted if we did not.

I came out a Staff Seargent, and I thank all for your service.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I was 18 today no way.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
many of my friends these days were in the service and i wished i would have went in the service so the answer is YES . probably the Army . and to the guys that were in the service THANK YOU ,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Actually I think I might. I never served and went directly to college which was fine, but the military might have given me some discipline and perspective. My dad encouraged me to join, but I just ignored his advice as a typical teenager.

My best friend in high school went to basic, ROTC, then went to the same college I did. After college he made the Army his career. Lived around the world and retired about 5 years ago as a full Colonel. Pretty good gig.

I don't know, you only get one chance at this thing called life. It's no good to look back in time and feel regret.

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Dick Cheney comes to mind with your comment.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Yes, because I believe that every citizen who is mentally and physically capable should give some service to our Country. If we had more shared/common experiences, we would understand each other better.

We're sharing the common experience of Biden - that's enough.

I served under GW and was happy to do it. I enjoyed my service but even then, we had too many in that signed up but didn't really want to be there. It was a clown show - forced service would make the services worse/weaker 100% Culturally - we're not right for that. Not today.

Me

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
No, I wanted to enlist when I was18 but my dad who was in for 9 years didn't want me to so I didn't. I wouldn't now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kwg020
Joe won't be around much longer. I think now would be a great time to join. Lot's of promotable slots. Rank should fall into your hands instead of working for it. The down side is poor leadership when the stripes are not earned. But, at 18 and you can retire at 38 with a pension, it's a good risk.

kwg

My son got out 3 weeks ago. It's a clown show. Rank is not easily attained, they keep playing games between Spec4 and corporal - leadership at the senior NCO level is horrible. Beyond horrible - I've seen the texts they send their troops - I wouldn't let them run a lemonade stand these days.

Me

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Under these clowns? I pity the good folks that are in the military during this bunch of fools.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
No.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Nope. Not under this pos and his communist party.

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Nope, not under the current leadership we have at the moment.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
No.

I regret not enlisting when I was 18 but I wouldn’t enlist in todays military.

I have that very same regret, and would fix it.............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
No.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But think how easy it would be now.

Nice clean porto potties, I see now in the range areas at Fort Campbell. I ducked into one 2 weeks ago. Clean blue water, no mexicans stealing the TP.
No holes to dig.

Less push ups

Throw your Yellow Card down if you feel you are being yelled at or humiliated.

Chocolate sprinkles at the chow hall, strawberry milk mate.

All types of benefits, incentives, paid this, paid that, TDY, get paid to sit on butt and earn a World Lit degree, take summer off get paid to take 2 college courses.

Get 30 days off a year

Take the day off before a 3 day weekend, domza or whatever the fouck

Do 4 years and come out and go claim PTSD, get $4,000 a month for seeing a dead dog stateside. Go buy a new F150, get a shît ton of tats, smoke dope now with that PTSD money, buy a Road King and join an urban vets MC club with other like-minded BFFs. Roll around up and down slumlord’s road playing Steve Miller band on your motorcycle speakers all hours of the day and night.

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
😂 no fuggin way would I enlist today. I have two sons 21 and 18 and I’ve done my best to discourage them from serving as well, so far it’s working and neither has any interest.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
But think how easy it would be now.

Nice clean porto potties, I see now in the range areas at Fort Campbell. I ducked into one 2 weeks ago. Clean blue water, no mexicans stealing the TP.
No holes to dig.

Less push ups

Throw your Yellow Card down if you feel you are being yelled at or humiliated.

Chocolate sprinkles at the chow hall, strawberry milk mate.

All types of benefits, incentives, paid this, paid that, TDY, get paid to sit on butt and earn a World Lit degree, take summer off get paid to take 2 college courses.

Get 30 days off a year

Take the day off before a 3 day weekend, domza or whatever the fouck

Do 4 years and come out and go claim PTSD, get $4,000 a month for seeing a dead dog stateside. Go buy a new F150, get a shît ton of tats, smoke dope now with that PTSD money, buy a Road King and join an urban vets MC club with other like-minded BFFs. Roll around up and down slumlord’s road playing Steve Miller band on your motorcycle speakers all hours of the day and night.

In '82 I went to Fort Campbell for some boy scout function. They let us play in the Apache simulator for a bit and we had breakfast and lunch at the chow hall.

I was like "you guys get fried eggs and bacon every morning?" I was ready to sign up then.

Last edited by KFWA; 07/27/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pay is a boatload better and if i could relive those same experiences, yes. I fully exploited my post service GI bill and loan opportunities and paid more in taxes my first year working than I earned across 4 years in the Navy climbing to E5. Did a lot of maturing in those years and really appreciate all the freedoms and opportunities we have in this country when compared with most of the third world nations I got to visit.

Also, if 18 was a step back in time, I'd buy a boatload of Microsoft stock.

Last edited by 1minute; 07/27/22.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LBP
😂 no fuggin way would I enlist today. I have two sons 21 and 18 and I’ve done my best to discourage them from serving as well, so far it’s working and neither has any interest.
One of my boys loved being in ROTC. But there was no way he was going to join the woke army!

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1234, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 45 invisible), 2,089 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,089
Posts18,464,017
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.