Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Still a long way to go, but very happy I didn’t capitulate.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
GB2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
another major correction is coming this fall. 30 to 40 per cent

one ok day in the market doesn't matter

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ribka

Interesting. Based on what fundamentals?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Longbob

ongoing wars ( now pushing for war with China) , printing billions more for Ukraine during a recession, increased sanctions and rising inflation, , more fed rate hikes, very low labor participation, tanking real estate market, record personal debt, upcoming food crisis, the EU and China economies etc

Last edited by ribka; 07/27/22.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Lots of opportunities being seen and gathered in, in these pullbacks.

Traders have got to be doing well in this environment .

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

ongoing wars ( now pushing for war with China) , printing billions more for Ukraine during a recession, increased sanctions and rising inflation, , more fed rate hikes, very low labor participation, tanking real estate market, record personal debt, upcoming food crisis, the EU and China economies etc

And you feel this will cause a drop of 10,000 to 12,000 points on the Dow this fall?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never a good idea to capitulate and miss the upside.........that's what I keep telling myself anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it goes down 30 to 40 percent, I’m gonna be jumpin’ in significantly. If it goes down “in Biblical proportions”, I’m gonna be jumpin’ in significantly. When it went down to 18K and some change in the first quarter of 2020, I jumped in significantly, and I’m very glad that I did.

My buddies were bailin’ out big time by sellin’ out in the first quarter of 2020; they hadn’t lost a single share, but they got scared when they looked at the dollar amount. They ended up gettin’ the livin’ schit kicked out of em’.

If they’d just left their stuff alone, they woulda been in WAY better shape later on. If they’d jumped in some more during that time, they woulda been in WAY better shape later on.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

And you feel this will cause a drop of 10,000 to 12,000 points on the Dow this fall?

yep. plus I think a very good possibility for a major false flag moment before midterms. Indicting Trump for sedition would start it. I see Pelosi is scheduled to fly to Taiwan to ramp up a war with China next month. Nothing helps a major recession like a few a few more wars and more spending

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

yep. plus I think a very good possibility for a major false flag moment before midterms. Indicting Trump for sedition would start it. I see Pelosi is scheduled to fly to Taiwan to ramp up a war with China next month. Nothing helps a major recession like a few a few more wars and more spending

You seem very confident in this. You can make money on your prediction by selling S&P futures or if you don't want the risk then you can buy puts on S&P futures. You are predicting it happening pretty quickly so there shouldn't be that much time value in the contracts. Are you doing any of this to capitalize on your prediction?

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ive dabbled in futures. Majority of money on sidelines for now. I picked up some NVIDIA, Intest, last week and Qcom a few weeks ago.

Im doing some swing trading. I bought HUT, USWS, CNTA, SDG a few weeks ago too. sell orders in . Have some orders in on some precious metal mining stocks as they are near 52 week lows. I want cash for realestate this winter or next spring so that's my main goal now but could change. Changes happen so often that try and be prepared. Debts paid off being patient

I pulled out of market in Dec 2019 and jumped in end of March 2020. Did ok especially on energy stocks

Who knows if Im right? Just my two cents. Im not very positive. Staring two world wars during a bad recession with the world's super powers for no reason other to enrich bureaucrats generally make me uneasy,

good luck to all

You seem very confident in this. You can make money on your prediction by selling S&P futures or if you don't want the risk then you can buy puts on S&P futures. You are predicting it happening pretty quickly so there shouldn't be that much time value in the contracts. Are you doing any of this to capitalize on your prediction?

Last edited by ribka; 07/27/22.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by antlers
If it goes down 30 to 40 percent, I’m gonna be jumpin’ in significantly. If it goes down “in Biblical proportions”, I’m gonna be jumpin’ in significantly. When it went down to 18K and some change in the first quarter of 2020, I jumped in significantly, and I’m very glad that I did.

My buddies were bailin’ out big time by sellin’ out in the first quarter of 2020; they hadn’t lost a single share, but they got scared when they looked at the dollar amount. They ended up gettin’ the livin’ schit kicked out of em’.

If they’d just left their stuff alone, they woulda been in WAY better shape later on. If they’d jumped in some more during that time, they woulda been in WAY better shape later on.

The S&P was up by the end of 2020 so there would been pretty good odds they would have made money not trying to time it and just left it alone. The S&P is down a little over 15% YTD. Taking it down another 30% to 40% this year would put it down as much as it was over all during '08 and '09. Basically it would be far worse than any single year market going back to 1945.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
What's actual inflation rate calculating in true cost of living? Well over 20 per cent. How many years since it has been that high?

The S&P was up by the end of 2020 so there would been pretty good odds they would have made money not trying to time it and just left it alone. The S&P is down a little over 15% YTD. Taking it down another 30% to 40% this year would put it down as much as it was over all during '08 and '09. Basically it would be far worse than any single year market going back to 1945.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That said, I don’t really give a flip about any single year. Other’s might. Everybody’s situation is different, and everybody’s time frame is different. I’m in it strictly for the long haul…and not for me…but for my kids.

The stuff that I already had during ‘08 and ‘09, I left it alone, and I’m very glad that I did. And I jumped in significantly more during ‘08 and ‘09 and I’m very glad that I did.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Some fail to learn the most simple truths, such as, "Don't Fight The Fed".

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Poconojack

You wont be happy long.

I Dindo Nuffin
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
That said, I don’t really give a flip about any single year. Other’s might. Everybody’s situation is different, and everybody’s time frame is different. I’m in it strictly for the long haul…and not for me…but for my kids.

The stuff that I already had during ‘08 and ‘09, I left it alone, and I’m very glad that I did. And I jumped in significantly more during ‘08 and ‘09 and I’m very glad that I did.

And your approach has the odds in your favor.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecomony and Fed crashing for the Economic Reset.

90% of stocks controlled by the Bolshevik Neonazis.

They are all going down. There are laws against them working with foreign actors, like Chyna, to overthrow the US Govt in time of declared war. Its called subversion.

Dont say Trump didnt tell you. He said he was going to fix it so this crooked govt and voting schiett never happens again. He gave you a clue.

Ill repeat it for you.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I Dindo Nuffin
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Ecomony and Fed crashing for the Economic Reset.

90% of stocks controlled by the Bolshevik Neonazis.

They are all going down. There are laws against them working with foreign actors, like Chyna, to overthrow the US Govt in time of declared war. Its called subversion.

Dont say Trump didnt tell you. He said he was going to fix it so this crooked govt and voting schiett never happens again. He gave you a clue.

Ill repeat it for you.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Maybe take a breath every now and then.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
ribka,

The way you post at the top of the quotes doesn't allow me to quote you and answer directly. It is a bit awkward how you do that, but that is your style. To answer your inflation question is pretty straight forward. That would benefit equity ownership and hurt cash or debt.

You would think all the promotion by the gold bugs would be having the sun shine on their azz, but it isn't. This should be the perfect storm based on their narrative of debt, inflation, wars, printing of dollars, fiat, etc.... Why isn't gold at $5,000 per oz or more? Maybe because it doesn't really work like they think it does.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
159 members (257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 13 invisible), 1,471 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,904
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.