Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think it's some form of what they call "highway hypnosis."

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Pretty simple, just stay off the freeway.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cardiac arrhythmia can be the result of outside stimuli. I had non-sustainable VTac for several years that was exacerbated by driving certain roads.
Seemed like the actual motion/rhythm of certain roads could bring it on. Experienced brief episodes of dizziness with it occasionally

AFIB is more common, and some report dizziness because of it. Some report dizziness due to the meds used to control it.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Is it while you’re going through shadows of trees alongside the highway as in late in the afternoon or early morning? That can induce flicker vertigo.

We were all screened for it on our initial flight physical because we could have been assigned to rotary wing aircraft. Helo pilots have to deal with sunlight flickering through the rotors.
Interested concept.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by johnw
Cardiac arrhythmia can be the result of outside stimuli. I had non-sustainable VTac for several years that was exacerbated by driving certain roads.
Seemed like the actual motion/rhythm of certain roads could bring it on. Experienced brief episodes of dizziness with it occasionally

AFIB is more common, and some report dizziness because of it. Some report dizziness due to the meds used to control it.
Wow, that sounds almost impossible to diagnose.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Ciuld
It be a mild form of Vertigo. I used to have similar symptoms occasionally. It eventually went away.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Sounds a lot like monkey-pox.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

Wow, that sounds almost impossible to diagnose.

Not at all...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Get checked for meniers, vertigo soon as you can.
Inner ear can cause dizziness in milliseconds.
These attacks can happen at any time just so ya know.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you also feel "something" in your chest, it could be cardiovascular so don't rule that out.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
Happened to me on several occasions for about 2 years. It would be sudden like as you described, then progress to full blown vertigo. It took all I could to get off the freeway and home safe. By the time I got home, it was full blown carnival ride spinning, terrible bed spins, nausea and eventually vomiting. Ended up being severe vertigo. Doc said the crystals in my ear were out of whack. He had me do these weird head exercises that supposedly got the crystals realigned.

Strangely, it must have worked. After 2 years of this, gone! Boom! Nothing since around 2018. Vertigo is the worst thing I've encountered! Hope it never comes back

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Vertigo.

Go see your doc, most likely a problem with your inner ear.

^^^^^

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Get your ears checked. Meniers disease maybe?

I have experienced that before. Vertigo almost to the point of passing out. Not fun. Had to pull over a few times.

Last edited by fester; 07/28/22.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Non sustainable V tach. Good God! I worked dozens of cases of Vtach while a paramedic, Vtach is one step away from death. AKA cardiac arrest, Vfib.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fester
Get your ears checked. Meniers disease maybe?

I have experienced that before. Vertigo almost to the point of passing out. Not fun. Had to pull over a few times.
Google this and they say limit salt, nicotine, caffeine, carbs, and avoid dehydration. Think I'll do low carb, no coffee and drink plenty of water for a couple weeks and see what happens. I'm sure I'll be a joy to be around laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just can't picture asking for medical advice on a forum. Call your doctor.

Sam......

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Jerry_Lundegaard
Happened to me on several occasions for about 2 years. It would be sudden like as you described, then progress to full blown vertigo. It took all I could to get off the freeway and home safe. By the time I got home, it was full blown carnival ride spinning, terrible bed spins, nausea and eventually vomiting. Ended up being severe vertigo. Doc said the crystals in my ear were out of whack. He had me do these weird head exercises that supposedly got the crystals realigned.

Strangely, it must have worked. After 2 years of this, gone! Boom! Nothing since around 2018. Vertigo is the worst thing I've encountered! Hope it never comes back
Went through that a couple times. Hasn't happened in years now, but it truly sucks. Talk about feeling helpless.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I just can't picture asking for medical advice on a forum. Call your doctor.
I just figure with as many of us old farts in one place, someone else had to have experienced it LOL.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Go see your doctor and get SINGLE VISION good glasses to your prescription for far vision.

Vertigo is a real possibility and you DON'T want to drive with that. You can't, at least not safely.

Using bifocals to drive is really a bad idea, because the image is not contiguous and your brain doesn't like the breaks in input. How do I know? A stroke robbed me of half my field of view, split right down the vertical crosshair with a little divot that lets me see the duplex. So I can't break up what I've got left.

Yes, I did work with a therapist and took a driving test after about three months of increasing "practice." Aced the drive test, because I have always had good habits and excellent situational awareness. Flying and motorcycles helped. I'm the only person she's ever passed with my condition.

But honestly, rush hour on freeways or downtown is not smart. The rest is manageable but driving is no longer casual. With bifocals, I wouldn't have enough uncluttered sight picture to be safe under any conditions at any time. And, if I'm unsafe, I'll stop. I have pulled over to wait for traffic to clear or die down a couple of times.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It might be your ear and it could be your heart.

How long are you driving for, when you get one of these spells?
No problem when home or at the office: this might be because, you're up and down more frequently than driving for a longer period of time.

Stuff like this is a sign of something wrong or a warning sign of something else.

Truely wishing you all the best.

Don't pay much attention to your on-line help for your healthcare, see a doctor and get yourself checked out, it will give you some peace of mind.

Take care.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 1eyedmule, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 61 invisible), 2,834 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,710
Posts18,456,877
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.