Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Thanks to a few trips to the White River and Bennet Springs lately, I decided to get back into fly fishing.
Used a few other rods that just didn't trip my trigger and remembered I used to have an Orvis Far & Fine that I absolutely loved using. The one I sold it a friend of my son-in-law because it needed to be fished instead of just sitting in the tube in my basement. Ever get sellers remorse from a fly rod?

So... the search is on for an Orvis Far & Fine 7'9" 5 wt.

If it has whipped cream and chocolate drizzles on it, it’s dessert. Grow up and get a coffee damnit
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
An OBDFR (Old But Damn Fine Rod).

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
BS2 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185499299180?hash=item2b309ead6c:g:tYIAAOSwOr5iXwg-

do a search, there are others

Get close and wack em hard!
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by BS2
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185499299180?hash=item2b309ead6c:g:tYIAAOSwOr5iXwg-

do a search, there are others

Thanks - I saw that one but I don't want the Clearwater.
And the true F&F that is listed on there is still there for a reason.

If it has whipped cream and chocolate drizzles on it, it’s dessert. Grow up and get a coffee damnit
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Get ahold of the guy you sold it to. You never know it might be sitting in his closet not being used. I recently sold back a rifle to a guy that I bought it from 13 years ago. He contacted me and asked if I still had it and if I would consider selling it back to him. I did sell it back to him.
In fact I sold him back all three that I purchased from him then.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B2

BS2 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Get ahold of the guy you sold it to. You never know it might be sitting in his closet not being used. I recently sold back a rifle to a guy that I bought it from 13 years ago. He contacted me and asked if I still had it and if I would consider selling it back to him. I did sell it back to him.
In fact I sold him back all three that I purchased from him then.

First place to start!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by htredneck
Ever get sellers remorse from a fly rod?

In a sense.

This may be a little confusing.

I like light rods. For much of my life my only rod was an 8 weight throwing a 9 weight line. Then I got a stubby 2 weight .. and off to the races. I bought a Sage TXL-F in 0 weight, a Sage Click I reel, and a 0 weight DT line. The lightest WF line I could find was a 1 weight floater. I tried that and it was really too heavy for the rod so I went back to the 0 weight DT. Then later I found out Sage had a TXL-F in 000 weight. Well, I had to have that, right? And the only line was a DT 000. After buying the 000 I sold the 0, maybe here. I think here. Jump forward to about 2 years ago when Sage introduced the Dart. I saw that Rio had since added a 0 weight WF floater. Again, I "had to" so I did. Man, that WF throws a lot better than the DT, at least twice the distance.

So I wish I still had that 0 weight TXL-F. It is a more compact 4 piece instead of the Dart's 3 piece construction and it had a faster action which I prefer .. within reason. Paired with the newer WF 0 weight line it would be a better setup than either the 000 TXL-F or the 0 Dart that I've got now.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like the reason I still own every fly rod I ever purchased. Everything from two wts to 11 wts and units ranging from 5 to 16 ft. Some are not often used, but they're still there if the mood swings that way. Sage, Orvis, Fenwicks, Meiser's and several store brands that are likely Loomis or a Chinese knock off.

Last edited by 1minute; 07/29/22.

1Minute
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
The next time you're down at Bennett stop in and see Charlie at Reading's Fly Shop. He may know where one may be.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Torqued
The next time you're down at Bennett stop in and see Charlie at Reading's Fly Shop. He may know where one may be.

Good to know - thanks!

IC B3

BS2 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by htredneck
Originally Posted by Torqued

Good to know - thanks!

Charlie is a Great Guy, he may even have suggestions for alternatives.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Nope , never sold one so no remorse . I have given a few away though, no remorse there either.

Grumpy old man with a gun.....Do not touch .
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Don't bother my monument and I'll leave yours alone.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Tom,

I bought the TXL and click reel from you. Absolutely love it. Fished with it in the Young Women's Ck drainage back in July before everything dried up here in northern PA.

John

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Oh yeah, that was you! I'm really glad you are enjoying it. It's hard not to like a Sage. I think the newer WF 0 floater creek line might be a better choice than the longer WF 1 weight I think I had on it. Worth a look if you ever need to replace the line.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Thanks for that advice Tom. I will keep it in mind.

John

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

568 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1Akshooter, 1badf350, 160user, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,300
Posts18,449,033
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.