Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by rickt300
Pretty good sized mall to give a 40 yard engagement range. That may have been an exaggeration.

not at all the foodcourt is close to 60 yards across at our local mall and its a pretty small small as far as malls go
I doubt it. Did you pace it off or range it?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob typing one-handed while stroking his tiny penis made one intelligent point
.... we don't know yet

Continue on ..

I wonder what “Christian Ed” would think of your misquote?
You are one sad, sour, sorry case.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Why are people responding to the guy who doesn’t, and never will, shoot anything?

He’s irrelevant.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RIO7
Seems to me this whole exercise is a waste of time unless your are shooting your EDC, YMMV Rio7

aint seen many guys shooting it with LC9s, J frames etc either

They never do.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by RIO7
Seems to me this whole exercise is a waste of time unless your are shooting your EDC, YMMV Rio7

aint seen many guys shooting it with LC9s, J frames etc either

They never do.
sometimes we're inspired to do stuff even if we can't brag about it.

LC9 this morning at 25 yard steel. 8 rounds/16.6 seconds/7 hits. (no shot timer/guy used my cell stop watch) Also winged a couple of untimed mags from 40 and 50 yards. Hits went down, nothing to brag about.

Will persevere...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My EDC is a Glock 19 but I do carry a J frame when I run or when I’m just running to the store in gym shorts. It’s a 43c, 8 shot 22 LR. I have a match Saturday if I can make it but I’ll shoot the J frame at 40 when I get a chance.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ok Blue I shoot a lot of J frame 38s shooting 158 LRN at 650-750 fps. My bullets take a really really long time to reach 40yards. Can you spare me a few seconds more?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ima use my Marlin 1894 in 357

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Took my S&W 627 38 Super to the range today to give it a test drive. I haven't shot this gun in about 4 years, felt kind of strange! It has a red dot on top & a very good trigger & I only shoot it double action. This is an 8 shot gun & I was shooting 128 gr cast powder coated HP's.
I shot a bit too fast with no practice & ended up missing a couple of shots & for some reason the timer didn't register although it did go off. First run I had 6-8, just shot too fast. Second run was more in rhythm but still too fast for being older & rusty. Back when I was shooting 50,000+ a year this would have been easy, now after back surgery that left me with a numb right foot & also open heart surgery it's a bit more of a challenge but I've really enjoyed doing this, trust me, its been a hoot! The timer is upside down on this second run but it did read, I only took 2 moon clips with me but it felt better on the second run. If I can lean up against something with my right leg I do much better but that's not the reason for this drill.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Dick

Last edited by Idaho1945; 07/28/22.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by dla
Pretty good sized mall to give a 40 yard engagement range. That may have been an exaggeration.

not at all the foodcourt is close to 60 yards across at our local mall and its a pretty small small as far as malls go

yes in fact we have. from theatre concession stand(ajoining the foodcourt in fluidity) to arcade was 68 yds. we ranged it along center court to end store on each wing (west was ive or take 130 yds. East was coser to 175. we didseveral force on force trainings there after hours and wanted to know what we would be facing for distances, an ops plan etc. what continues to amaze me is the fact you think it cant or wont happen to you. Dismissing Mac's statement is an open statement of your cluelessness.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Why are people responding to the guy who doesn’t, and never will, shoot anything?

He’s irrelevant.

Especially when you factor he's never seen a food court wider than 40yds.

LOL

Just another fugking idiot wandering the earth.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by dla

yes in fact we have. from theatre concession stand(ajoining the foodcourt in fluidity) to arcade was 68 yds. we ranged it along center court to end store on each wing (west was ive or take 130 yds. East was coser to 175. we didseveral force on force trainings there after hours and wanted to know what we would be facing for distances, an ops plan etc. what continues to amaze me is the fact you think it cant or wont happen to you. Dismissing Mac's statement is an open statement of your cluelessness.
I'm sortof sorry that you're too stupid to think through what he said and whether or not it applied.
But other than your abject stupidity, thank you for setting me straight on how big a food court can be.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let's not be snarky there Christian Ed.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by dla

I'm sortof sorry that you're too stupid to think through what he said and whether or not it applied.
But other than your abject stupidity, thank you for setting me straight on how big a food court can be.

once again you point out your own stupidity. please tell al of us "dummies" how Mac's statement is irrelevant.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by dla

once again you point out your own stupidity. please tell al of us "dummies" how Mac's statement is irrelevant.

You can't have a debate with an idiot, you should know that, gitem

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by jwp475
One hand clapping....

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by jwp475
One hand clapping....

I rest my case

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Thanks for coming up with this Blue, I think it should be a sticky. Too bad it got shot down with some useless remarks because it could help so many.

Dick

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I gave it a go with a few different pistols I carry.

Glock 17
Springfield XDs 3.3” in 45 ACP
STI Staccato 9mm
Shadow Legend 9mm with a Holosun Red dot…I don’t carry this pistol. It’s a fun gun and a learning tool for me to become familiar shooting with an optic on a pistol.

Pistols were drawn from a GunFighterInc chest rig, except for the Springfield that rides in a Mitch Rosen IWB holster that I keep in my truck console as a backup pistol.

Time was kept off my wife’s cell phone. She set it for 10 seconds each time, then said ‘GO’. She would yell out ‘Time’ at 10 seconds.

To me the most realistic shooting I did was done on Friday, late afternoon with my daily carry G17. I have this pistol on me, everyday, while I’m working around the property. I had just spent 5 hours moving logs, then splitting firewood. I was tired, sore, sweaty and covered in dirt dust.

On my way back to the shop on the tractor, I went by the range. When I said to myself, “Why not?”

I shut the tractor off, and limped to the 40 yard line. I pulled my Glock, ran a rag over it, to get the dust off, took the mag and dumped rounds until I only had 9+1, then holstered it again while staring at the target.

I drew and started pulling the trigger. I know, from experience, I was under 10 seconds.

I sent 5 into the hot zone. 3 misses or non fatal and 2 rounds were lost without a return address…It is, what it is.

From this morning.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This morning before starting chores, I grabbed the wife and hit the range. Next up was STI Staccato. I really like this pistol. I haven’t shot it enough, and it showed.

Shot this in under 10 seconds….And I wasn’t happy about it.

So, at the end, I shot the Staccato again, for improvement.

2nd go at the target with the pistol under 10 seconds.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

209 members (35, 12344mag, 2UP, 338Rules, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 23 invisible), 1,384 guests, and 863 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,470
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.