Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
JPro Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I managed to get a SxS and a pickup just before all this Covid craziness set in but I'm considering upgrading my old 4x4 Rancher 350 this year. I haven't visited the local shops yet in person, but their online inventory looks really spotty. It sounds like the auto industry is catching up a bit better lately, how about the ATV market? Looking at maybe a Foreman 520 or a Kodiak 450 EPS SE.

Now with even more aplomb
GB2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve been on the look out for a new Kodiak 450 eps myself and being from Louisiana, you will probably find more of them from what I’ve seen on ATVTrader.com. You might need to travel out of state to find one though. There are none for sale up here in the north. Honda’s and Polaris, just no Yamaha 450 EPS models.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
My experience is on the SxS side of things - we ordered a new 4 seater in December and it shipped the 1st week of May. It's sitting in the crate at the dealer waiting on electronics that are on backorder. I was anticipating a 2 month wait on the backordered items, but they won't give any kind of anticipated date. Last I heard, the backordered electronics crap is getting worse, not better...

Last edited by JGray; 07/25/22.
JPro Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGray
My experience is on the SxS side of things - we ordered a new 4 seater in December and it shipped the 1st week of May. It's sitting in the crate at the dealer waiting on electronics that are on backorder. I was anticipating a 2 month wait on the backordered items, but they won't give any kind of anticipated date. Last I heard, the backordered electronics crap is getting worse, not better...

Well that isn't a good sign. I had a recoil starter acting up on a Honda small engine lately and the shop guy told me just to baby it as long as I could, because he can't get them anyway.....

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Starting to pick up here a little. When we got our mule this past spring, absolutely no sxs's. Quite a few atv's though

IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I lucked upon a mule pro Mx last summer sitting on the dealer lot have seen nothing since but mahindra tractors local dealer has plenty cf moto stuff

JPro Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I got lucky with my Mule FXT Pro in the summer of 2020, right after the Covid lockdowns. It was the only one in my area and just happened to be the exact model I was looking for. If I was shopping for another, I'd buy the same model again.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I was looking for a fx model. None to be found, no orders were being taken. Found the MX pro about an hour after it was unloaded from the truck. I snagged it. Only thing available.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Word of caution no the mules mx model there not tanks to drive over trees n schit cv boot replacements are expensive

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JPro
Originally Posted by JGray

Well that isn't a good sign. I had a recoil starter acting up on a Honda small engine lately and the shop guy told me just to baby it as long as I could, because he can't get them anyway.....

Update - dealer just called this morning and all parts are in and machine will be ready to pick up in a couple of days. Worked out to about a 2.5 month wait on backordered electronics...

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
i have a mule mx and bought the cv boot protectors...they seem to be exposed and thought that would be cheaper than boot replacement

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gene270
i have a mule mx and bought the cv boot protectors...they seem to be exposed and thought that would be cheaper than boot replacement

May have to look into those

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
i was in the polaris shop and asked if any new UTV's were available. RZR & Generals can be had but the Rangers are way out on backorder.

Same with snowmobiles. you can buy the ones that no one wants. Was hoping to upgrade my '90 Indy lite

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had planned on buying a new side xSide this year. I decided to wait and maybe buy a good used one in the next few years. I usually buy new but If I cant find a good used one in the next few years I will buy a new one. My old 2007 Polaris 800 atv is still working good as well as my really old 2001 honda foreman. Just itching for a side by side.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
.... Just itching for a side by side.

Same here. Foreman is still kicking but I could use a second one for winter when I leave the Foreman at the hunting club or when I take one of the kids hunting a sxs would be easier. Youngest riding piggyback on the Foreman isn't to bad.....the 6' 5"/size 16 shoe oldest is kinda awkward riding behind me.

I really don't want a "big" one. The Honda Pioneer 500 or 520 would probably work well for me.

JPro Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Something that I am seeing online and hearing from other guys is that the dealerships are not selling plain-jane machines. They are getting them off the truck and then decking them out with accessories for the higher profit margins in order to make up for the lower inventory volume. It's wheels/tires/winches/light-bars/etc, usually to the tune of $1500 or more above factory guise.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JPro
Something that I am seeing online and hearing from other guys is that the dealerships are not selling plain-jane machines. They are getting them off the truck and then decking them out with accessories for the higher profit margins in order to make up for the lower inventory volume. It's wheels/tires/winches/light-bars/etc, usually to the tune of $1500 or more above factory guise.

Happened to a friend. Ordered a Polaris SxS - was told there would be the 6-9 month wait.

2 months goes by and dealership says they have the model he wants, someone backed out - come on down.

Gets there and it's decked out with almost 4k extras. He said he doesn't want all that - they told him the only way to buy it is with that on it or wait the full 9 months, maybe.

He bought it.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The Polaris/Kaw/Can-Am dealer here has a few of each. My wife and I like to trail ride and have a 50" Polaris RZR. We have 100's of miles of atv trails we can ride that way even though it's a lot less roomy. The dealer here has several new 900cc 50" Polaris RZR's in stock. They've gone up 30% in price since last year. $18k, stripped. We're just looking, no chance of buying.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If the ATV industry follows what is starting in the auto industry. Check the banks for their auctions. Repo's are on the uptick

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by gene270
$600 I just had one fixed by Kawasaki

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
718 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 74 invisible), 2,699 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,683
Posts18,399,735
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.