Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by MOGC
I'm just old school enough to think that a new $1500 Python shouldn't need a trigger job. That a nice crisp trigger job was one of the reasons the gun cost $1500 to begin with.
This.

C'mon, man, the imbecile Democrat in office isn't Jimmy Carter, its a different clown.

It's 2022, $1500 bucks doesn't buy a Buick anymore.

If a man wants an action job, then so be it. A trigger and action job is the easiest, least expensive, gun-smithin' you can get done.

What's different between that and everybody pulling their factory Remington 700 triggers to replace 'em with a TriggerTech or Timney, before even shooting 'em?

I have both a new Python and Anaconda, and, personally, I find the triggers on both acceptable.

You do you.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
To no one in particular, I think it's called a difference of opinion. It's not a big deal.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by skeen
I'm just old school enough to think that a new $1500 Python shouldn't need a trigger job. That a nice crisp trigger job was one of the reasons the gun cost $1500 to begin with.
This.

C'mon, man, the imbecile Democrat in office isn't Jimmy Carter, its a different clown.

If a man wants an action job, then so be it. A trigger and action job is the easiest, least expensive, gun-smithin' you can get done.

What's different between that and everybody pulling their factory Remington 700 triggers to replace 'em with a TriggerTech or Timney, before even shooting 'em?

I have both a new Python and Anaconda, and, personally, I find the triggers on both acceptable.

You do you.

Python was $1500 when Trump was in office.

In 2020, Colt reintroduced the Python in a 4.25″ and a 6″ barrel configuration,

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475
This.

You do you.

Python was $1500 when Trump was in office.

In 2020, Colt reintroduced the Python in a 4.25″ and a 6″ barrel configuration,

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
This.

You do you.

I have both too, skeen. And who said the new Python needed anything? Let me tell you who. Blovulators who have never owned one and don't have the scratch to buy one. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by local_dirt
This.

You do you.

I have both too, skeen. And who said the new Python needed anything? Let me tell you who. Blovulators who have never owned one and don't have the scratch to buy one. smile
Who said they have problems.......gun writers to start.
Factory let out a gun with problems

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not following this thread, so sorry if this has already been mentioned.

The reason for the heavy SA pull on the Python is CA and MD drop tests. That is what they need to do to pass the test. Sucks, but they have to live in the real world and make revolvers that will sell in their biggest markets.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GunGeek

The reason for the heavy SA pull on the Python is CA and MD drop tests. That is what they need to do to pass the test. Sucks, but they have to live in the real world and make revolvers that will sell in their biggest markets.

Hey!!!!!
If we wanted facts.......oh wait.
Thanks Ol Buddy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Hey!!!!!
If we wanted facts.......oh wait.
Thanks Ol Buddy
Yeah, I almost didn't post because it looked like people were much more interested in complaining than figuring out why.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
So CA and MD are Colt's biggest markets for the Python? Colt's marketing strategy is to muck up the trigger pull for 48 other states and the rest of the free world to satisfy the CA and MD drop test requirements?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It has to pass the drop test with the hammer cocked?? No one carries a double action revolver that way.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
This.

You do you.

Gun writers? Shirley you jest.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ahlman's in Morristown, MN.

I have them tune and ream the forcing cone in all of my shooter revolvers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So CA and MD are Colt's biggest markets for the Python? Colt's marketing strategy is to muck up the trigger pull for 48 other states and the rest of the free world to satisfy the CA and MD drop test requirements?
CA is the biggest market for everything, they have nearly 40 million people. In 2014 (or was it '15?) I was at a lunch with the then CEO of S&W, and he informed me that California was 39% of S&W's total sales. You can't ignore that.

So I'm basing my statement on what he shared with me. If CA means that much to S&W, it's likely Colt is in a similar situation. After all, Colt doesn't really have any handguns that are NOT on the CA list. So Colt may even get more of their share from CA (again, speculation but I'm betting I'm not far off).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It has to pass the drop test with the hammer cocked?? No one carries a double action revolver that way.
No one ever said it makes sense.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This.

You do you.

And Justin Baldini,Colt Product Director said they were still chasing problems after it was released.......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
This.

You do you.

And Justin Baldini,Colt Product Director said they were still chasing problems after it was released.......

I don't GAF. My gun is beautiful and completely tricked out Hope you're able to get that job at Whatabutger so you can have one, too. Wish you were here. 🙃

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Good grief LD...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good grief LD...
Meh.......doesn’t matter.

Facts are facts.

Get upset when the facts fail you.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Good grief LD...

Just did 7 weeks of radiation hell and dealing with some f'd up latent side effects. Not very tolerant of douchebags trying to rain on somebody else's parade right now.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

698 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 3,030 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,483
Posts18,451,903
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.