Campfire Tracker
R
Like the others have already posted ^ ^ ^

You have to ride for yourself and everybody else
on the road.
That, and dress to crash

I didn't sell the last one out of fear.
After that last surgery the strength went out of my
right leg. Can't hold up a half a ton of hot motorcycle.
No thank you. Hopefully, things will improve some
day and I'll get something else

Last edited by Ranger99; 07/29/22.
BP-B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Adding a few million illegal aliens and Bidets imported middle east crew to the highways cause MC deaths to rise.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/29/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Good news for those waiting for organ donors.

Ol lady was a er nurse for 20 years, she calls em organ donors too. Gotten really bad with the texting and driving, buddy at work lost 3 outta his club last year, all rear ended at stop lights, all texting and driving

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Don't see as many half nekkid riders
around here as there used to be.
Shorts. No shirt. Flip flops. No
eye protection. No gloves.
I guess they got culled out

Those are the ones that we used to
call organ donors. They usually
don't make it

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A motorcycle on the road in Utah is a death wish. People drive like complete idiots down there. 10 over and texting while drinking your Star Bucks seems to be the MO on I-15.

Last edited by centershot; 07/29/22.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Ride a little faster than the traffic whenever you can. Check behind you when coming to a stop. Stop off to the side and always, have an escape route in mind. Try to make eye contact with oncoming drivers at intersections. Cover your controls in traffic. If you are ready and good, you can stop faster than most anyone else but you have to be aware of what's behind you for this reason. If you want to ride fast and push the limits, don't do it in traffic. Everyone who rides on the street would benefit from some time on a dirt bike, pushing the limits and finding out what his limits are. If you can recover from a slide in gravel, you might be better equipped to deal with it on pavement. Highways are more crowded than ever and that is the real problem. GD

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Good news for those waiting for organ donors.

April-June is the spike in transplants.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would not get onto a Utah highway on a motorcycle for all the tea in China, especially I-15. I have to drive that route twice a year, from North of Ogden on South along all 125 miles of the Wasatch Front urban sprawl all the way to the Utah state line. I am of the opinion that all Utah drivers are certain they are going to heaven because they drive with no fear of death.

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
About 6,500 people die every day in this country.
Motor vehicle crashes, medical issues, industrial accidents,murder, or old age it doesn't matter. None of us are getting out of here alive!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation"
"Dangerous Game Hunting........because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by klatchy
WhenI ride it is with the full understanding that "THEY" are out to kill me, and I have to ride in such a way as to prevent that from happening. I have over 100k miles on my HD and no accidents. klatch
About the same here - I've been on motorcycles since 1968, and have logged well over 250K miles w/o an accident, crash or laydown.. So far this year, I've only been on it three times where I have NOT had deer near the road or crossing in front of me..

But when I'm on that bike, I pay attention!!

Last edited by Redneck; 07/29/22. Reason: error in miles.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hate to say it, but I have a hard time having any sympathy for MC riders around here. Every time I'm on the highway a couple of them blow by me going way over the speed limit, weaving in and out of traffic, and basically daring someone to kill them- which happens on a regular basis. An article in the news a few years around here was about a couple bike riders getting stopped by cops - one on the I205 Oregon/Washington bridge crossing doing 156 mph and another on I84 going east near The Dalles going 186 or something like that...

I've known a few paramedics and firemen and they all refer to bike riders as organ donors....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
An undertaker that I know called them funeral ponies.

I guess they are meant to ride to your grave.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I was raised with motorcycles , my brother still rides to this day , not me , not taking a chance on one , one of the worst sights I’ve every seen was a lady in front of me hit two boys broadside as they pulled out in front of her. This was about 1987.. I can still see and hear it ..

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I got my first Bike when I was 14.A Triumph T110 hard tail.Sold my last bike two years ago at 76 years old.In that time I owned over 20 Bikes.I was in two bad accidents that I walked away from and the Bikes were destroyed.The only reason I walked away was because of wearing full armoured pants,Jackets ,boots and a full helmet.I did some flat track racing and that is where I learned to suit up.Road Rash sucks.I never gave a chit what people said about what I wore and any one who does not armour up on a bike is a dumb f u c k like I was until I started racing.My Dad,Uncles ,Brother,Mother all were Bikers and none of them got seriously hurt on a Bike.My Old Man and Uncle were into hill climbing and took a few dumps but were full leathered and wore leather aviators hats to help protect their noggins.I will never get another road bike,but have been looking at small off road bikes.I still get the itch at 78 years old.

Last edited by Huntz; 07/29/22.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ride like everyone and everything is trying to kill you and the game is to make them MISS. And wear armor, because you WILL hit the dirt or the pavement, period.

I've noticed that good motorcycle riders tend to be excellent drivers. Situational awareness, period.

As for Utah drivers, I agree there's something special, at least when it comes to the Salt Lake region. On a per mile basis of exposure, never have I been more terrified and/or enraged by locals with Utah plates. It is stunning to me.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Ride like everyone and everything is trying to kill you and the game is to make them MISS. And wear armor, because you WILL hit the dirt or the pavement, period.

I've noticed that good motorcycle riders tend to be excellent drivers. Situational awareness, period.

As for Utah drivers, I agree there's something special, at least when it comes to the Salt Lake region. On a per mile basis of exposure, never have I been more terrified and/or enraged by locals with Utah plates. It is stunning to me.

I'm not one of those drivers you refer to.......

Scares the BeJesus outta me to drive up there

I was asked recently.......

'Ever been to the Land Cruiser Museum' in Salt Lake ?

Said no.......you gotta go to SLC to see it.......

Podunk where I live...'Is more cows & horses than people'

If ya wanna see Toyota history in Utah...'This is the Place'

https://landcruiserhm.com/

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WhenI ride it is with the full understanding that "THEY" are out to kill me, and I have to ride in such a way as to prevent that from happening. I have over 100k miles on my HD and no accidents. klatch
I see many riders doing their best to try to kill themselves, including a trio of HD's, (it usually is) this afternoon who used the right turn lane to pass a vehicle turning left and roared off in a 40MPH village zone.

So much aggression for a group with so little protection.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If I have to wear armor to ride a bike, I ain’t riding a bike.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by bruinruin
I see many riders doing their best to try to kill themselves, including a trio of HD's, (it usually is) this afternoon who used the right turn lane to pass a vehicle turning left and roared off in a 40MPH village zone.

these HD dudes didn't fair well with the Yellowstone Dutton Ranch dudes

too funny

Hollywierd

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by bruinruin

these HD dudes didn't fair well with the Yellowstone Dutton Ranch dudes

too funny

Hollywierd

I know it's just a TV show, buy that was beautiful. I despise the whole Harley badass demeanor.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
116 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 16 invisible), 1,765 guests, and 827 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,684
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.