Campfire Ranger
Best?
Honda undoubtly.

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I bought a Power Smart 2200, Just as quiet as a Honda, 1/3 the price and runs great, 12 V output with cigarette type receptacle and two USB ports for clean power, and two 120v receptacles.

I paid n $350 for mine direct from Powersmart..

Below is Amazon listing for information.

https://www.amazon.com/PowerSmart-PS5020Super-Portable-Generator-Compliant/dp/B089FDFDH5/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1F7WRLXMFEMJF&keywords=power+smart+inverter+generator&qid=1659124128&sprefix=Powersmart+inverter+generator%2Caps%2C176&sr=8-3

Last edited by saddlesore; 07/29/22.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Honda then Kawasaki

Honda generators are made in 3 countries US, Japan and primarily China.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Predator 3500 for the win. Everything is made in China or has parts from there. When I hook up my camper and enjoy a quite night by the river, I aint thinking about chinks. They more than likely stole our technology to build it or some US government entity or corporation sold it to them along with rights to sell it back to the US consumer.They aint that smart. China wouldn't be what they are without American ingenuity. We have sold our souls to the devil.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Fishnnut1
Predator 3500 for the win. Everything is made in China or has parts from there. When I hook up my camper and enjoy a quite night by the river, I aint thinking about chinks. They more than likely stole our technology to build it or some US government entity or corporation sold it to them along with rights to sell it back to the US consumer.They aint that smart. China wouldn't be what they are without American ingenuity. We have sold our souls to the devil.
You ain't thinking about Chinks because there's no reason to. It ain't our fault that manufacturing left this country DECADES ago. Fugg it, I like Walmart and such. Adapt or die, I couldn't care less.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jerryv
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Inverter style all the way.
What’s the advantage of the inverter style?

The advantage is that the motor doesn't have to run at high speed to output 60 hz power (typically 3600 rpm). An inverter style can ramp the motor up and down with load. Electricity is produced AC, rectified to DC, stored in capacitors, and then converted back to AC electronically at 60 hz. A bit more complicated, but more efficient and quieter running.

Jerry
Thanks for the info.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Wen has been mentioned

Recently bought two......2000 watt & the 3800 watt

Easy set up.....one pull start....quiet...Longevity ? Dunno

Also have a Yamaha 2800I thats 16+ YO....great machine !

Look at the link shown....the Wen 3800I is marked down to $600

Buy direct from Wen....no tax/fast free shipping

https://wenproducts.com/collections...le-inverter-generator-with-fuel-shut-off

Thanks for the heads-up on Wen Generators.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Honda then Kawasaki

Honda generators are made in 3 countries US, Japan and primarily China.

my 2800I is Japan mfg

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Wen has been mentioned

Recently bought two......2000 watt & the 3800 watt

Easy set up.....one pull start....quiet...Longevity ? Dunno

Also have a Yamaha 2800I thats 16+ YO....great machine !

Look at the link shown....the Wen 3800I is marked down to $600

Buy direct from Wen....no tax/fast free shipping

https://wenproducts.com/collections...le-inverter-generator-with-fuel-shut-off

Thanks for the heads-up on Wen Generators.

worth the consideration

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Honda generators are made primarily in China.

I call bullschit on that.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just as I would recommend for an ATV, just buy the Honda and be done with it. EU2200i

Last edited by Triggernosis; 07/29/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have had the harbor freight 2000 for 4 years now.
Not a single problem since day 1, starts within 3 pulls, sits for 7 months between using and still keeps on going.
It's run my fridge n tv in outages up to 4hrs now.
It's quiet as well, maybe not Honda quiet, but close.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Just as I would recommend for an ATV, just buy the Honda and be done with it. EU2200i
Yeah that's the thing though, should he buy a Honda or spend half as much on a Champion or Harbor Freight... As a Honda owner, I can't recommend another brand but generators are funny, they don't get used much, and just NEED to start when you do have a problem. Also, when you get an elk in September on a bowhunt and use a chest freezer powered by a generator. More guys are swinging that way, it makes sense.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have two of the Powerhorse 2300 watt inverter generators from Northern Tool.I've used the Honda generators before and this one is as quite and honestly I think it's as good.I can hook them together if I want to.Runs about 8hrs on a gallon of fuel.Not a whole house generator,but with just one I've been able to keep three freezers,a refrigerator,tv,computers and a few lights going for days,not everything a one time,but with two I could if I needed them to and I have backup if one of them would die.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I picked up a Champion 2000 from TSC on clearance for $200 couple weeks ago. Somebody dropped the box and cracked cover a little. Have about 10 hours on it so far. Idles running my fan while Im wiring my shed

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Not even willing to say one thing bad about Honda generators but their price is a gulp . Couple of years a go I bought a GP 3300 Generac 3300watt steady and 3750 surge got it home and install wheels and feet put the oil in and gas.flipped on the switch, hit the choke and petcock on position. Started on the first pull. It isn't as quiet as a honda or other inverter gens but it was $369+ tax out the door not 1200. Price? I don't know how to evaluated the extra. It's my portable for my rv. Early last week I ordered a dual fuel gas/lp Westinghouse 9500/12500 on gas or 8500/11200 watts on lp from Sam's for 999.99+ tax delivered. They called to confirm delivery but I just drove to the trucking warehouse and picked it up.10minutes to install feet and wheels as well as oil and gas. Turned on the petcock,, the cold start choke and pushed the electric start button boom it"running. Also has a remote and recoil start it came with the lp hose and battery recharger. Coupled with the power companies auto shut off for my commercial feed when it goes down, the 9500 will run my house.. the switch and outlet plus install runs 900 bucks but what is your peace of mind worth? Pay the 1200 for a EU 2200i Honda but the same money will buy one to power your house. Something to consider...mb

I've used that Generac for 10 years. The most I ran it was 11 days straight. I've replaced a few hoses but that has been it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like champions. For a cheap genset, they work. Got a couple of them. Be sure and shut the gas off when done.

I got a 4500 out at the property and a 11500 to run the house. No issues with either

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Yeah that's the thing though, should he buy a Honda or spend half as much on a Champion or Harbor Freight... As a Honda owner, I can't recommend another brand but generators are funny, they don't get used much, and just NEED to start when you do have a problem. Also, when you get an elk in September on a bowhunt and use a chest freezer powered by a generator. More guys are swinging that way, it makes sense.
I would buy the Honda just for the quietness. Yamaha, Predator, whatever...all get mentioned as being "almost as quiet" as the Honda. Everything gets compared to the Honda for all sorts of characteristics. Honda sets the standard.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Since their introduction, I would bet that I have sold over 2000 Honda EU2000 and EU2200i generators. As of yesterday we have close to 250 homes that are off grid all year and about that many cabins in use from May to October. The Hondas (off grid) typically run 8 to 12 hours a day, all year long. One of my employees once calculated that the worst case "offenders" running their generators, would accrue the equivalent of driving a car or truck at road speeds around 450,thousand miles in a year. I'll let you do the math if you want. The op suggested that he would use a generator sparingly, so the above really does not affect his choices overwhelmingly. The people that are off grid get on average around two years out of theirs. Wonder how the others would hold up to that?

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
Since their introduction, I would bet that I have sold over 2000 Honda EU2000 and EU2200i generators. As of yesterday we have close to 250 homes that are off grid all year and about that many cabins in use from May to October. The Hondas (off grid) typically run 8 to 12 hours a day, all year long. One of my employees once calculated that the worst case "offenders" running their generators, would accrue the equivalent of driving a car or truck at road speeds around 450,thousand miles in a year. I'll let you do the math if you want. The op suggested that he would use a generator sparingly, so the above really does not affect his choices overwhelmingly. The people that are off grid get on average around two years out of theirs. Wonder how the others would hold up to that?
My guess is that it'd be about half that. Fuggin Honda, you can't beat their small engines...but you pay for them.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 48 invisible), 2,844 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,594
Posts18,454,365
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.