Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Got to help one of the local Swaro reps sight in every gun that CA makes. These are very accurate rifles. Several shooting 1/4-3/8 three shot groups with 6.5 Match ammo. I'm wondering how much they would open up with my reloads or hunting rounds. A couple of the brand new guns need some break in and only shot 3/4-1" groups... but they just came out of the box.

Not quite as slick an action as I was hoping for. Had several difficult feeds from the mag going up the ramp. Did not adjust any of the triggers. The MPR and the Summit were the best shooting out of the bunch. Damn fortunate to have thousands of rounds of ammo at your disposal - only shot 6-7 boxes at the most. Much fun.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've been around 6 or so CA rifles and all had been above average rifles from accuracy and build quality standpoint. I've always thought I might buy one, but never have.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Traded for a 6.5 Creed CA action rough does not feed from the mag, not a high quality rifle, won't make this mistake again. Rio7

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Yeah, RIO... I was disappointed in the feed too. But the accuracy was impressive.

Will Rogers
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
my ridgeline has been flawless, no feeding issues. shoots down in the .3s with 162 edx, around.5 with 160 accubonds. i'm tempted to trade my pet 280 in on another Ridgeline in 30-06 or 270

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
S&A, If you can't get a round in the chamber you might as well have a flintlock.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
A friend has a few CA rifles that I have helped scope, setup with custom loads, and sight in. I shot all of them and have been impressed. For a factory setup, they really check a lot of boxes.

I’m leaning hard towards a 20” bbl .450 Bushmaster with a suppressor for woods hunting. The one I used was strong.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Nephew brough one over. Tried several flavors of ammo (6.5 PRC) only 156 Berger was under 2" at 100 yards!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RIO7
S&A, If you can't get a round in the chamber you might as well have a flintlock.

I agree... in the gun's defense, it was the first time I have used their products and some of these were brand new and may have needed a bit of break in. It could have been ME not shucking it hard enough or conversely, shucking it too hard. I'll probably give them another chance and see.

Will Rogers
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Nephew brough one over. Tried several flavors of ammo (6.5 PRC) only 156 Berger was under 2" at 100 yards!

I would have called the company. Totally UNACCEPTABLE.

Will Rogers
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Cool. A lot of them I've seen have not shot all that well. The most recent one my buddy bought is chambered in 6.5 creedmoor and it shoots well. He wanted me to go along with him for the barrel break in, so I went. I was at the range before he got there and when he got there I put my rifles away. I was dialing in a different scope I had just put on one of my 22-250's and sighting in a new 7mm rem mag. His CA was turning in 1/2" 3 shot groups. Not bad for a new rifle. Then my buddy told me he was really wanting a 22-250 for yote hunting. I told him I just bought one the weekend before and I may let the spare one go that I had in the trunk of my car. He said does it shoot well? I said, you shoot it and tell me. His first 3 shots went into the same hole. I was watching the target through the spotter. He said, "damn it shoots better than my $3,400 package gun over there. I said, "yea, all my rifles shoot good, finish off that group with another 7 shots". With my handloads it punched out a 5/8" hole. He asked how much I wanted for it and I said I'd make him a great deal. Having just bought the scope from ebay for $100.00, I didn't have a lot in the rifle. I sold the package to him for $500. The only bad thing was his CA was a good shooter up until that point. To make him feel better, I said, well you got 2 great shooting rifles on the same day. I'd be happy. Well, I wouldn't be happy about paying that kind of money for the CA. There are a lot of cheaper rifles out there that will outshoot them. Now, to be honest I did not see my buddies CA having any feeding issues. I don't buy in to the horse schidt about needing to schuck a cartridge in with a lot of force bs. A good rifle will feed and extract effortlessly at any speed or effort on the bolt. Buy a Tikka, or good model 70 and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JRS3
I’m leaning hard towards a 20” bbl .450 Bushmaster with a suppressor for woods hunting. The one I used was strong.

You better make sure that your suppresser will thread up to a CA 450 BM a Hybrid will not.....I went and spent the cash and then found out its threaded 3/4"-28 theres not one manufacture that uses that thread size....why in the world would a manufacture use a thread size not available and common in the market place....
A phone call to CA and they didn't even know what thread size was on the gun when I called.....

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
That's a common thread size for larger caliber brakes and cans. 375 and up

NRA Benefactor Member

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You can buy a adapter that will screw into your Can and fit 3/4" thread, check with the maker of your can. Rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC it shoots less than 1/2 MOA really pleased with an off the shelf rifle.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gitem_12
my ridgeline has been flawless, no feeding issues. shoots down in the .3s with 162 edx, around.5 with 160 accubonds. i'm tempted to trade my pet 280 in on another Ridgeline in 30-06 or 270

gitem, are you getting a decent LEO discount through them?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
Originally Posted by JRS3

You better make sure that your suppresser will thread up to a CA 450 BM a Hybrid will not.....I went and spent the cash and then found out its threaded 3/4"-28 theres not one manufacture that uses that thread size....why in the world would a manufacture use a thread size not available and common in the market place....
A phone call to CA and they didn't even know what thread size was on the gun when I called.....

This is the kind of stuff you need to check out beforehand.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RIO7
Traded for a 6.5 Creed CA action rough does not feed from the mag, not a high quality rifle, won't make this mistake again. Rio7

Had extraction issues with the only one I bought. I won't write them off quite yet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just got my 3rd Ridgeline - a FFT in 300 WSM. The other 2 - a 280AI and a 28 Nosler have been sub-MOA guns, with factory ammo and reloads.

Thus far .4 MOA and .85 MOA with factory, Norma 300 WSM Bondstrike 180gr ammo - no suppressor. Hoping to get out and do some more barrel break-in and see how it shoots with the can.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Seems like CA are hit and miss, really good ones and dogs. I've shot only one and it was not a shooter. This jades me a little as I've never had the chance to shoot a good one. I think the one my nephew bought is a "Mesa"

NRA Benefactor Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

133 members (10Glocks, 44mc, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 13 invisible), 1,687 guests, and 752 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,693
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.