Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I am still carrying more of the family load than I wish I was. I wish my kids aimed a little higher in life. They haven't made dangerous or illegal choices, just seem to be living hobby lives with no eye for their futures. We've had to help out a few times too many but we did it hoping it would spark a change. Married for 38 years now and retired at 56. I have more good days than rough days.
All in all it could be a lot worse.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

If Happiness is a Warm Gun........

then I am extremely happy!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
71 and I'm single and happy. I get to do what I want to when I want to.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fixing to be, going to sell my house, divorce my old lady and live by myself and have my girlfriend over when I feel like it.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yes I’m happy . I got a second chance at marriage 9 years ago.Retired almost a year now. Just made 60. It all worked out good . Spend a lot of my time taking care of my Dad and Mom. Both are 87 . I’m blessed to still have them .

Last edited by dpd; 07/31/22.
IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Haven’t had this much fun since the hogs ate my baby brother!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think that we are doing all right.

I have been retired for 12 years the wife 14 years.

We have been able to travel, live in a nice home and our health is good.

Health is something that catches up with us all as we age, getting new eyes, some new joints allowed us the ability to enjoy our hobbies.

Covid kind of slowed us down some what on the travel, however we still see friends, eat out 1 to 2 times a week and can afford to put food on the table.

Over all life has been good to us.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I am 52, never thought of myself as old, but I suppose that I should get used to it. I would say that I am probably as happy as I have ever been. I have a great wife and we made the decision together about 6 months ago to roll the dice and take a different path in life. It has worked out better than we could have dreamed, with a new house, new community, new friends and lots of new activities to do.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm only 49, but I'm going to answer.

NOPE. Wife (7 years younger) is going through early mid-life crisis and acting like she's 20 and forgetting that her going to work everyday costs us money. We have young kids not yet in school, late start for both of us. She forgets that if she's off and running every weekend, me and more importantly the boys don't get time with her.

Lost my Dad 7 weeks ago.

Looking at a health mandated career change and major back and neck surgery with 50/50 odds of me walking normal again.

Went to church for the first time in years this morning. I know this is where I need to start. I'll make damn sure my boys grow up to be men. Somehow, I'll figure it out, but I'm guessing I'll ultimately have to do it on my own.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Happy is different for everyone. I'm so happy, that other worry about being happy. Me I just keep grinning and laughing, at those stuck in their desperation! Ya I am happy, and easy to entertain.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Now that's a trick question. Most people that know me except maybe those that know me the very best I think I've got the world by the horns. What they don't see is the stress of trying to keep what you got a hold of in one piece in good shape and going. Just like today it's been kind of a s***** day that you have to roll on tomorrow and fix it . Hopefully tomorrow will go smoother. But there's times it can be quite depressing when you have things you can't control when they keep battering you.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
I'm only 49, but I'm going to answer.

NOPE. Wife (7 years younger) is going through early mid-life crisis and acting like she's 20 and forgetting that her going to work everyday costs us money. We have young kids not yet in school, late start for both of us. She forgets that if she's off and running every weekend, me and more importantly the boys don't get time with her.

Lost my Dad 7 weeks ago.

Looking at a health mandated career change and major back and neck surgery with 50/50 odds of me walking normal again.

Went to church for the first time in years this morning. I know this is where I need to start. I'll make damn sure my boys grow up to be men. Somehow, I'll figure it out, but I'm guessing I'll ultimately have to do it on my own.

Happiness is subject to the changes and chances of life (vicissitudes).

Joy on the other hand......

https://www.blogos.org/exploringtheword/GG-makarios-blessed.php

The phrase "count it all joy" comes from the King James Version of James 1:2 (also ESV, NKJV). Other translations have "Consider it pure joy" (NIV), "Consider it all joy" (NASB), and "consider it an opportunity for great joy" (NLT). The broader context is this: "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing" (James 1:2–4).

https://www.compellingtruth.org/count-it-all-joy.html

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 07/31/22.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
High School\College Sweetheart...married her as college graduates in 1982. Taught Phys Sciences, Biology, Drivers Ed, Coached football 21 years (83% wins), retired after 36 years. Have hunted the same family land/mountain (382 acres) in WV since 1972...every Thanksgiving week for 50 years this November. Miss the old days when you just "hunted" for miles. No one worried about property lines. Now Tucker County WV has become a mtn/ski destination. A lot of the properties have been bought...divided...posted. Different times...I guess it has to be. Still married to my baby-doll and heading to the hill in November. Population still less than 7000 in the county.

Last edited by Moses; 07/31/22.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
One thing about unhappiness or maybe a little severe than that depression. A lot of people that suffer from depression other people seeing is very happy and carefree great examples are Robin Williams and Owen Wilson both suicide victims.

H
Hookset Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by antlers
I’m thankful and grateful for my life as it is. I may not have everything I want, but I’m thankful and grateful for what I do have.

And also for what I have been spared.

I don't presume to have any answers about life, but I think what you wrote may be the key. An attitude of gratitude sure can make life enjoyable. The second part of your statement is as important as the first. We should be thankful for what we've received and earned and also for what we've been spared. No matter how bad things have gotten for me over the years, I've never had to look very far to see someone dealing with much tougher challenges than mine.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I bet I would be much happier if I turned off the news.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ask me when I'm old. I'm only 75.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes, sometimes sad, that's how it goes.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton
One thing about unhappiness or maybe a little severe than that depression. A lot of people that suffer from depression other people seeing is very happy and carefree great examples are Robin Williams and Owen Wilson both suicide victims.

I agree. Although Owen Wilson is still upright.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not very

Have many regerts

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

141 members (358WCF, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 345dl, 23 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,645
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.