Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine died when I was 2.
Don't remember a thing about him. By all accounts he was a good man.

Mom married my (step) Dad when i was 10.
We were blessed to have him, still do.
Don't spend as much time with the two of them as I should.

My wife is on her way to Pittsburgh. taking her Mom to see her Dad, right
now. Several months of up and down, his heart rate was in the 30s this am.

I'm afraid he isn't ever coming home.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
GB1

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I do miss him, he passed in February of 2018. My dad was a physician and I have often wondered what his reaction would have been to Covid and all that went with it. I made some pretty major life changes since then and their were lots of steps along the way I would have been glad to have had his counsel and opinions on.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Me n pops were pretty different
He was either super cool or an absolutely cruel bastard.

We got along, but let each other do their own thing.
He was retired for over 20 yrs and had his hobbies and was self reliant damn near to end.

Been gone a little over a year.

Miss the grouch.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Thanksgiving Day 2009 lost Grandpa.
Day after Thanksgiving 2017 lost bad.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not one bit.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I suppose that the majority of us would miss a parent, or most anyone we were close to! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pop was a hard ass, but he loved his family in his own way. He was so tight you could hear him squeak when he walked, could fix anything and could break anything. He quit school at 9th grade to work on the farm and with my grand dad, oldest of his siblings. All he ever did was work, he went about hunting like killing snakes but he did enjoy it.

You never got to say "but" and you did what you were told, you learned that pretty quick.

Taught me to stand on my "own hind legs" as he put it. Taught me to log, farm and work concrete. I have never been out of a job.

Got his absentee ballot for him to vote for Trump and against Biden. He got to see a picture of the bull elk I killed right after that, passed away on my way back from Montana.

I miss him every day!

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Since I got the phone call, 19 Aug 1984.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Both of my parents passed away last year. I miss them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Not me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is what I miss.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dad (L) and wife's step dad. Good men, miss them both.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have a pic of Pop on my desk. It was taken were were had some goo0d times. At the Rifle Range.

I stopped hunting in 2007 after he passed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My dad died in 1973, about a month before my 23'rd birthday, he was 51. I was already married, but my 3 younger brothers were still living at home. I think the loss was a little harder on them, especially the 14 year old one. We were lucky that our grandfather, dad's dad, was still living at the time, and he was as good a man as ever lived. He was a lot of help to us for the remaining 5 years that he lived after that.

It's been over 49 years, but I do think about him often, and think about how he was taken so young. There are so many things I wish he'd been able to live to see. I just wish I'd had the chance to tell him how great a man I thought he was. But, it was not God's plan for things to be the way that we want, only as He sees it. I'll see him again some day In Heaven, and then I can tell him what I didn't get to 49 years ago.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Not one bit. Only wish I could tell him look at me now. Self made successful no help from him. Never have missed the verbal abuse since I left home

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My Dad passed away in 2004. I have missed him every day since. We spent a lot of time fishing and hunting together. He also spent a lot of time with his grandson. I think my son got his love of fishing from him. Both would rather fish than eat. Miss him a lot.

.280 AI Fan

"I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts" Will Rogers

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" Unknown

Trump 2024!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
We lost mom several years ago which came as a surprise to us. Dad smoked cigarettes since he was 10 years old and had never been to the doctor up until a few years ago so we kinda figured that dad would go first. Mom’s passing has left dad lost and trying to fill his days with something…anything. Us kids try to keep him busy, we meet for breakfast and have family meals where we all get together but it doesn’t come close to replacing the hole mom left. All us kids and dad got together yesterday for a few hours of eating and laughing which does our souls good. We were at church this morning and dad must’ve been bored because he swung by my house and waited in the driveway for awhile before he remembered that we were at church. He stopped by the French bakery and brought some croissants and éclairs….and lidocaine patches for my back. 😂

I’ll miss dad when he goes home to be with mom but I’ll also be happy that they’re reunited. I’ll forever be grateful to dad for being an example of a loving and honest man…a man that I’ve ALWAYS been proud to call my dad! I had an extremely fortunate childhood.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My Dad at 5 months old in 1939 with my grandmother when she was 16, he looks like he was grumpy back then also. This picture is my most priced possession.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I do not.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,433 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,327
Posts18,468,536
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.