Hop To
#17456219 07/25/22
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Krieghoff trumpf combo, 16 over 6.5x57R

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Greg
"An abundance of information can exacerbate ignorance if the information is of poor quality" Tom Robbins
http://classicsportingguns.com/
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A vaccine won’t help with the Loony Virus. Sorry.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by brayhaven
Krieghoff trumpf combo, 16 over 6.5x57R

I don't get it. confused

wink grin

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
My post or his ? 🙄😎

Greg
"An abundance of information can exacerbate ignorance if the information is of poor quality" Tom Robbins
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wish I was younger and had a small shoebox of money, that one would move from Florida to Virginia.
I've really come to love O/U's over the years. You don't see many with a nice boar like that with the tasteful scrolls.
That's a nice one!
Bfly

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.
IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks Bfly.. it has a pretty nice red stag on the other side.
I’m looking forward to shooting some pigs on my lease with it.

Last edited by brayhaven; 07/27/22.

Greg
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

Mighty fine.

I've recently caught the double rifle bug for perforating hoglets up close.

Enjoy!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by geedubya

Mighty fine.

I've recently caught the double rifle bug for perforating hoglets up close.

Enjoy!

GWB

That would be fun.. but an expensive bug..👍🏼

Greg
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pigs are easy to kill and I have never and will never buy a gun especially for pigs.
I have killed them with single shots, double rifles, and a number of different bolt and lever guns.

I do enjoy hooting them with most any of my rifles and sometimes I shoot them to eat. My largest ever feral hog taken with .308, weighed around 600 pounds.
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For me many times the journey is far more important than the destination. Old and unique weapon make the journey far more pleasant, I know that a modern bolt in 22-250 or AR in 223 is far more efficient of a coyote harvesting equipment but it is so much more fun to kill them with something unique pushing 100 yrs old.

115yr old drilling
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

97yr old drilling and one of my favorites for close in work(200 yards and under)

That combo gun is just beautiful, handmade and still holds the soul of the artisans that built it. It would be an honor to hunt with it. Given a choice between it and a bolt 308 I wouldn't even consider the bolt action.

Old European drillings and combos can be extremely accurate and give nothing up to modern hunting rifles.

Last edited by erich; 07/31/22.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
IC B3

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by crshelton
Pigs are easy to kill and I have never and will never buy a gun especially for pigs.
I have killed them with single shots, double rifles, and a number of different bolt and lever guns.

I do enjoy hooting them with most any of my rifles and sometimes I shoot them to eat. My largest ever feral hog taken with .308, weighed around 600 pounds.
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

If you say so. I Always can find a justification for a “new” gun.😎
But you’re right, pigs are easy to kill. As a kid I hunted them with a Colt woodsman 6” 22 pistol and killed 50 or more. Then people convinced me that wasn’t enough gun 😂
So I went up a little.
I leave those big stinky ones for the trophy hunters. I like em @ 75#. Though there are some 5-600 pounders on my lease, I leave em for breeding stock.

Last edited by brayhaven; 07/31/22.

Greg
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by erich
For me many times the journey is far more important than the destination. Old and unique weapon make the journey far more pleasant, I know that a modern bolt in 22-250 or AR in 223 is far more efficient of a coyote harvesting equipment but it is so much more fun to kill them with something unique pushing 100 yrs old.

115yr old drilling

97yr old drilling and one of my favorites for close in work(200 yards and under)

That combo gun is just beautiful, handmade and still holds the soul of the artisans that built it. It would be an honor to hunt with it. Given a choice between it and a bolt 308 I wouldn't even consider the bolt action.

Old European drillings and combos can be extremely accurate and give nothing up to modern hunting rifles.

I love seeing people hunt with those classic examples of the gunmakers art. Especially the hammer drillings. The old guy who built them is smiling down on you from the big gun shop in the sky. Thanks for the pics.

Last edited by brayhaven; 07/31/22.

Greg
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My post or his ? 🙄😎
I don't either, I don't get why some people have to comment negatively about someones choice of guns or what ever, I have been a Savage 1899 collector for years, recently have found the combo bug, have had some savage's, the higher quality really gets my attention

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1234, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,911 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,576
Posts18,453,975
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.