Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Islands, Churches, and Guns

As usual, a mass shooting like the one in Charleston brings out the gun rights haters who want to cynically use the blood of the victims to grease the skids for their gun control schemes. One hears and reads claim after nonsensical claim that if only we had less gun rights and fewer guns in the United States the victims would still be alive. Reality tells us something very different.

http://theinternationallibertarian.blogspot.com/2015/06/islands-churches-and-guns.html

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by darrenlobo
Islands, Churches, and Guns

As usual, a mass shooting like the one in Charleston brings out the gun rights haters who want to cynically use the blood of the victims to grease the skids for their gun control schemes. One hears and reads claim after nonsensical claim that if only we had less gun rights and fewer guns in the United States the victims would still be alive. Reality tells us something very different.

http://theinternationallibertarian.blogspot.com/2015/06/islands-churches-and-guns.html

Excellent find and post. I bumped it up to the Hunter's Campfire so maybe it will actually get seen and read.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All these movements against guns, flags, ect, must have been prepared and ready to go ahead of time.
No movement gets started this fast without being set up and waiting for an excuse.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tracks
All these movements against guns, flags, ect, must have been prepared and ready to go ahead of time.
No movement gets started this fast without being set up and waiting for an excuse.

Exactly so.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The places I've lived that had more people carrying guns, had less violentcrimes, less breakins, less roberies, because the instigators knew they could die. They new the bistandards were most likely carrying guns and would also step in to help.

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
An armed society is a polite society. The biggest issue that I see is a lack of accountability for criminals.

NRA Endowment Member
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by asheepdog
An armed society is a polite society. The biggest issue that I see is a lack of accountability for criminals.

Amen.

Grumpy old man with a gun.....Do not touch .
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Don't bother my monument and I'll leave yours alone.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by asheepdog

The biggest issue that I see is the lack of accountability for anyone.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
633 members (09wingates, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,601
Posts18,398,282
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.