Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IA_fog
Not just any dish soap use Dawn original

8 oz per gal gly 41%
4 oz per gal non ionic surfactant
I add a liquid ams because my water is hard
If no non ionic add the dawn

8 oz/gal ??

I use 3 oz/ gal for general spraying. Fence rows. Food plots. Garden spots.

Dead is dead.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by viking
Diesel
+1

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
If you are just doing a driveway, do it on the cheap.
Per gallon of vinegar, 1 cup salt and a tablespoon of dish soap. Mix well.

This

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
If you are just doing a driveway, do it on the cheap.
Per gallon of vinegar, 1 cup salt and a tablespoon of dish soap. Mix well.

This

9 or 10 gallons of vinegar would cost as much as Roundup, and salt ain’t free. My driveway is 50 yards long.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
Originally Posted by viking
Diesel
+1

+2

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by IA_fog
Not just any dish soap use Dawn original

8 oz per gal gly 41%
4 oz per gal non ionic surfactant
I add a liquid ams because my water is hard
If no non ionic add the dawn

8 oz/gal ??

I use 3 oz/ gal for general spraying. Fence rows. Food plots. Garden spots.

Dead is dead.

Up here 4-5 oz won’t work and super dead is super dead
We are adding liberty 24-d or sharpen to the mixes and super high rates of gly

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by rwa3006
Regular Roundup should work just fine, just be sure to mix it with very clean water because the dirt in a lot of the water you might find will deactivate the key ingredient. I always use culinary grade water and it makes a difference.
What the heck is "culinary grade water".

A fancy Utah name for city water (as opposed to Ag water)?

Reverse osmosis treated water?

Store bought water?

Around here we have residential drinking water and then a separate water system that's used for irrigation purposes. The drinking, or culinary water as it's often called is treated and cleaner. The irrigation system, or secondary water as some folks call it in this area is untreated and has dirt. It often has enough dirt in it that it will deactivate some herbicides. I was just saying that we have better luck using our residential drinking water for mixing with herbicidal concentrates.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Only pure spring water works for killing weeds here

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Regular Roundup should work just fine, just be sure to mix it with very clean water because the dirt in a lot of the water you might find will deactivate the key ingredient. I always use culinary grade water and it makes a difference.

Store bought water?

Around here we have residential drinking water and then a separate water system that's used for irrigation purposes. The drinking, or culinary water as it's often called is treated and cleaner. The irrigation system, or secondary water as some folks call it in this area is untreated and has dirt. It often has enough dirt in it that it will deactivate some herbicides. I was just saying that we have better luck using our residential drinking water for mixing with herbicidal concentrates.

What about the dirt the weeds and grass are growing in. Doesn't kill the herbicide?

Me

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Just did my driveway with 18% Roundup, 6oz to the gallon. Did it in two parts, and the second time revisited any stubborn stuff from the first. After a week or so, I burnt off the dead stuff with my propane flame thrower.

Anyone that sprays much needs a good electric sprayer. Mine, a My4Sons (or some such) from Amazon works like a champ. Gotta keep the lead-acid battery topped off, but it supposedly will do 200 gallons on a charge. Most I’ve done is maybe 10. It hold 4.5 gallons and I drag it around in one of those plastic duck and deer boats instead of on my back. Got the hose extension too.

Ryobi makes one that uses the same 18V batteries as the rest of my garage...I will probably get one of those soon. Got lots to spray next spring.

IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Teal

Store bought water?

What about the dirt the weeds and grass are growing in. Doesn't kill the herbicide?

Yep, the dirt will deactivate the mix but doesn't matter much since it works by absorption through plant tissue above ground when sprayed on the plant. I'm careful to not apply it if there's any kind of a breeze because the stuff will drift and raise hell with the garden. High temperatures will also contribute to the stuff translocating to where you don't want it so I try to only spray it when temps are below 70 degrees.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by basdjs
I use Round-up concentrate and mix it a little hot ( 7 fl. oz. per gallon).

Same. It works.

Took 2 weeks for the tall, bull thistle to shrivel up and die but ded dey is along with the other weeds around them.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yes. Roundup sold as about 50% active ingredient mixed 3 to 4 ounces with 3 gallons of water should kill it all. About a tablespoon of Dawn Dish detergent added to that mix is all the surfactant one will ever need.

1Minute
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I go thru 4 gallons per week using Ace hardware or Spectricide brand of grass/weed killer. 7oz per gallon definitely kills everything. I may try what others suggested and use a little Dawn detergent, guessing it helps the chemical to stick to the weeds better.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
24d is not a grass killer it kills broadleafs. I spray wild onions and broadleafs in my grass with 24d in the spring it never kills the grass. It will kill everything if you put it on really heavy. But if it is humid and hot it will drift and kill things you don't want dead.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

696 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 73 invisible), 2,839 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,155
Posts18,465,109
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.