Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Tree Top apple juice and Planters peanuts.

Grape juice and a big chunk of Velveeta.

Nìgger toes and WWF wrasslin.

I am MAGA.
BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My mom was/is a terrible cook. She would buy a bag of white beans for next to nothing. Throw them in the pressure cooker with a little salt and maybe a few small pieces of diced ham and serve that shxitt. We had to eat it until it was gone - which usually lasted 2-3 days. Breakfast usually consisted of whatever cereal was on sale and powdered milk. She hated cooking and the responsibility of kids. We were all skinny as a beanpole. What I did love was eating anywhere that wasn’t home. Thankfully my buddies mom took pity on me and often fed me during suppertime. I guess I should just be thankful we had something at all. I was always told how all the starving children around the world would love to have it! Telling mom “well let’s send it to them!” Was apparently the wrong answer.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
My mom was/is a terrible cook. She would buy a bag of white beans for next to nothing. Throw them in the pressure cooker with a little salt and maybe a few small pieces of diced ham and serve that shxitt. We had to eat it until it was gone - which usually lasted 2-3 days. Breakfast usually consisted of whatever cereal was on sale and powdered milk. She hated cooking and the responsibility of kids. We were all skinny as a beanpole. What I did love was eating anywhere that wasn’t home. Thankfully my buddies mom took pity on me and often fed me during suppertime. I guess I should just be thankful we had something at all. I was always told how all the starving children around the world would love to have it! Telling mom “well let’s send it to them!” Was apparently the wrong answer.

Bruh!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dang, we got brown paper sack of hamhocks just for that purpose. We fix a pot of white beans onc’t a week. They smell like total ass after about Day 6 and we start a fresh batch.

Dr Mercola recommended

When it’s winter times, we can have cornbread with them.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Tree Top apple juice and Planters peanuts.

Grape juice and a big chunk of Velveeta.

Nìgger toes and WWF wrasslin.

For us it was Mid South wrasslin' promoted by Cowboy Bill Watts. The Big Cat Ernie Ladd, Skandor Akbar, ...

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I remember when the Iron Sheik used to swing those Persian Clubs. 75 lb each.

Dude was stout

Had them loaded boots.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
He had a great feud with Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
George the Animal Steele

Chewed them pads on the turnbuckles right up.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Same. Mom loved being a mom but she didn't get her cooking skills from my grandmother.

All these years later and she hasn't improved much. Her best cooking is from hand me down recipes.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sauerkraut perogies, golumpki, helushki. Tired of them all growing up. Miss them all now.

Oh yeah, Barg’s Red Cream Soda.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fried oysters coated in cracker meal with fries and cole slaw. A real treat for Saturday dinner when I was a kid. My favorite as a kid.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Tastes from your childhood

Dial soap

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 10Glocks

Dial soap

Ivory if you were bad.

Palmolive liquid if you were REALLY bad.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Anyone remember "Hotdish"? When I was in elelmentary school, the school menu for the week was posted on a paper on the cafeteria door. If one day had spaghetti, then a day or two later we had "Hotdish" which was just leftover chopped up spaghetti.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 08/03/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In high school, we use to go to one of the fast food places, Whataburger, burger king, or buy a 12-pack and sit out in the parking lot drinking it, but on Wednesdays, everybody ate at school it was enchilada day and to this day they were the best. The lady that made them started making them for a local restaurant after she retired.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My grandmother made the best biscuits that I ever ate.

μολὼν λαβέ
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
My mom was an outstanding cook but she still didn’t match up to my grandma. I use to love everything about going up to the farm but the food was the best part. Her homemade bread made everything it came into contact with an awesome meal but pale by comparison at the same time. The chokecherry jam was awesome but the bread made it better. Summer sausage sandwiches in the field on lunch breaks were heavenly but the bread stole the show. She baked it what seemed like daily in a giant coal fired stove when I was little and I can still recall the smell when you first walked in the house.

Someone else mentioned fruit that tasted the way it was supposed to and I recall the flavors from the vegetable garden at our farm being the best. Baby carrots fresh out of the ground w/ a little dirt still on them. New potatoes and sweet peas. The best might have been sweet corn that was on the stalk about :30 before you ate it. Nothing from this era matches the flavors and aromas of my memories of a great woman and her kitchen.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by 10Glocks

Dial soap

Ivory if you were bad.

Palmolive liquid if you were REALLY bad.

This.

Mom was a great cook....

But I can remember the soap. Didn't help she taught at the school.

Last edited by Jcubed; 08/03/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
We loved third grade school pizza. The lunch ladies did a pretty damn good gumbo too.
Our school pizza was a slice of bread with a bit of sauce, longhorn cheese and some ground beef. All baked in an oven. It was actually pretty good stuff.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Grandma would do baked chicken almost every Sunday then chicken-dumpling soup with the bones/carcass/leftovers.

Baked apples with cinnamon and heavy cream were a favorite treat as was warm bread-pudding also with heavy cream.

Picking strawberries and raspberries from the patches in the garden.

All the grandkids would stir grandma's garden peas into our mashed potatoes anytime they were served together. When there weren't mashed potatoes, you'd get your peas warm in a small bowl of cream.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
699 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 72 invisible), 2,798 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,632
Posts18,398,825
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.