Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sound like a bunch of folks here are at or near the 50 year era. 1972 seems like yesterday. Almost scary but its been a good run. Still cant decide if I wanna see any of those people or not, I do keep in touch with a couple, most of the guys I hung around with are gone now.. Closer to the end than the beginning is not all bad

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
My 40th was last year.

Melissa Brown called me about the 20th one with her chirpy little voice phone call.
Always reminded me of the little chickens mom in the fog horn leg horn cartoon anyways...

"No interest sweetie"...
Tell everyone I said "Hello" and I hope they ain't living in their dead relatives inheritance homes and seen something in life beyond Penobscot county..

Take me off the list for any further ones.

Said "Bye Bye" and hung up....

That's how I roll...
On my own......

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
12 years of catholic school for me. As each year went by, I hated it more. I wouldn't go to a reunion if it was held walking distance to my house. The asshats can reunion all they want.

College was so much better.

If I ever ran into one or 2 priests in particular that taught me in high school, I would deliver them an ass kicking. Seriously.

I would pay to see a Priest get his ass kicked. Nothing against Catholics or priests, it’s just a spectacle I would like to see rather than imagine…

back to the GTO...........

My '68 Dart GTS 340 would have give ya a run fur your money

If not.....

The '70 440 6 pack 'Cuda would'a blown your doors off

Man..those were the days

A Dodge Dart with a 340? I remember seeing some of those back in those days but they were always in my rear view mirror.

The 440 Cuda is a different story, but you have to remember the muscle car era started with the GTO. But by 1970, there were a dozen or more cars that would stomp the Cuda…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I moved away one year out of high school,...didn't see any of them until my tenth reunion in '84,.....didn't know them, they didn't know me.

I can't see any reason to do see them again 40 years later.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
My 45 year reunion is in a couple of months. Seems like we have lost quite a few in the last five years.

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I went to a small school in a small town. My graduating class was 29. I didn't like school much, some of the most miserable years of my life, but the class was a good bunch of kids. I've seen a number of them off and on over the years. Most of them have done pretty well. Most of them were noticeably better off than I in school, better home lives. We had out 50th reunion 6 years ago. I enjoyed going. Kind of like the fantasy reunion for me; had at least two people tell me I looked better than I did in high school and that was true. Had my absolutely gorgeous wife on my arm who was just a baby when we graduated. (One of my classmates was her favorite HS teacher in the '80's.) Everybody up there knows us, knows how accomplished she is and that I've got the world right by the ass. Always wanted to go to my 50th HS reunion like that, probably something to do with overcoming my inferiority complex. Can't wait for the 60th.

Mathew 22: 37-39

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Very cool. Thank you for sharing the story and the pictures.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by losttrail60
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by losttrail60
I'm sure most of you crabby ol turds will not be missed at a reunion, party, or most any type of gathering.

What a bunch of sorry old bastards.

And you’re the reason why all these crabby turds wouldn’t come to a reunion, they would be afraid to run into someone like you…

Must be fun to be crabby and afraid of people. You best stay home and stroke your ego. No one will miss you I am sure.
I am not afraid of anyone. But am certainly disgusted by many in a major way. Hell there is a good chance a few of us would find you quite disgusting.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I skipped mine… bastards wanted something like $250 a head…

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I think it is cool that this went to the cars of that era. I drove a chevy vega wagon but pumped gas for a living. I saw them all at the pumps. A lot of them had the filler behind the back license plate. I think that is where I got all my Drain Bramage from sucking in that premium fuel while filling them up!

IC B3

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I have only been to one reunion. My 60th will be in a few years. Like Shrapnel, I doubt if I attend. It is mostly a gathering of old jocks remembering they were legends in their own minds. Most of my old pals are dead or not going so nothing missed.

Molon Labe
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
In all honesty, I hated school. From the very first day of first grade until high school graduation.
It was assigned, so I did it.

Should have graduated in summer of my Junior year, but had to take one class in first semester of senior year as my GPA was 1/2 point below what "they" decided was the qualifying point to take that extra class my junior year.

Somewhere in my mess, I have the report cards from K-3 grades. Already there were excellent and above average marks for scheidt I deemed worthy of my effort............and failures for crap I didn't enjoy and things like paying attention in class, being a good classmate, blah blah blah.

The nuns said I wasn't applying myself and that I was a disturbance at times. Nowadays I think they call it "he's somewhere on the Spectrum"

When I got to college, I mostly school as I could study what I wanted............except they still made me take "personal development" and fine arts classes. Argumentation and Native American Art filled those so I wasn't completely unhappy.
Speaking of nuns - I failed Catechism in 5th grade!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Graduated HS in 1970. Most of us are turning 70 this year.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Went to mine and was disappointed how old the bitches were.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
I have only been to one reunion. My 60th will be in a few years. Like Shrapnel, I doubt if I attend. It is mostly a gathering of old jocks remembering they were legends in their own minds. Most of my old pals are dead or not going so nothing missed.

Just like Al Bundy…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 160user, 46 invisible), 2,211 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,604
Posts18,454,812
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.