-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can most certainly see both sides to this speed/accuracy disagreement.

Doubly so if there’s a realistic chance of accidentally hitting a bystander.

Tough decisions and a person’s mental status would play a huge part I am sure.

GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by TWR
The report I’ve seen but not verified of course is the first two shots were fatal and the shooter went down. Those shots were taken with cover and support without the shooter shooting at Eli. Eli shot 8 more times with 6 more hitting the shooter.

I’ve often said (especially when defending my faster first shot with irons over a dot) that the first shots count the most but they have to be accurate. I shot carry optics this weekend, had 82 A’s and 2 C’s, came in second overall. I need to work on speed with the dot but I will not purposely let my accuracy get any worse.

From the first shot from the bad guy Eli returned fired and took him out within 15 seconds. I'd say he was going fast.

Goes without saying that misses don't count

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gunfighters like Jim Cirillo, Bill Allard, Frank Hamer, Jelly Brice, heck going all the way back to Bill Hickok say to use the sights and get good hits when the conditions allow it. Up close and personal speed matters, no doubt. In the case of the Mall shooting Dickens had a couple of advantages and he used it to the maximum.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S
You don’t want me shooting in a mall.

[Linked Image]

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by gunner500
LOL, many thanks Pacecars, i appreciate it greatly Sir, these dang handgunner dudes have all the fun, this was a blast. cool

I was walking North, saw the threat, turned and fired Dew West, that old Baer 45 ACP is an easy Cadillac, and the devil damning me straight to hell would be the only reason i'd be found in a mall, that said, the old 1911 is what i carry to church, city, nice dinners, wedding/funerals etc, so if in a mall i'd have it on my belt, those 230 gold dots at 950 are easy recoiling loads in that all steel pistol.

Thanks again Sir.

Jerry, why do you dislike Derek Jeter so much?

Hey Big G, LOL, i had to google, i dont keep up with any sports, why, does ole split-eared Cal fulla holes look like Jeter?

I have to apologize for the chit camera work, even had a freshly laundered walked through old holey sock that is now a new gun rag tucked neatly in my pocket to hold cell nice and square for filming the drill, i didnt take into account when a man brings his grip together firing a handgun my giant left moobie would tilt the camera inward wrecking the view, it was damn fun anyway,

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
It the rush of people try to scatter, it is not easy for the bad guy to observe one person 40 yards away, maybe partially behind cover, drawing, and aiming a weapon.

If the good guy can make a hit with his first shot, he has taken the initiative away from the bad guy. The bad guy is realizing he got hit, and trying to see where it came from, and/or seeking cover. Maybe suffering from tunnel-vision, also.

While this is happening the good guy probably has time to make a second hit.

Just some thoughts.

Some very valid thought.
A. It makes sense
B. From a combat proven veteran

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FIBS factor? (Not my term)

Fugg, I’ve Been Shot.

Now with even more aplomb
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ar15a292f
Originally Posted by dla
Originally Posted by ar15a292f
Originally Posted by dla
[quote=jmd025][quote=dla]
I'm not in the cop business and I have no obligation to be a hero. I'm not carrying a gun to protect the public

I.e. shootings that don't involve me - don't involve me.
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
My you are unbearably stupid. Can you use the bathroom without getting [bleep] on your t-shirt?
Is all that you have left in the way of an argument, personal insults? If Elijah Dickens had ran away instead of confronting the mass shooter the death toll would have been much higher, instead of doing nothing he chose to stand up against evil. What would you have done if you were in Elijah's place, there with someone that matters to you, your wife, child or grandchild? Would you have engaged or fled?

He would run. Which is understandable, because he thinks the PF9 is a great EDC.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Well i just got a couple nice compliments from a couple traveling hands that blow through Ft Chaffee every now and then, they read this site but haven't joined as members, i told em about the campfire 13 years ago when i joined, they're the guys that i went through those shoot houses with and tried to teach me some about hand gunning, "Good shooting old man, you aint slipped much," and "you put some GD smoke on that blade papaw, sounds like it was fired from a crossbow" LOL, again this stuff is fun, i can definitely see the draw some of you have to handguns.

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gunner500
Well i just got a couple nice compliments from a couple traveling hands that blow through Ft Chaffee every now and then, they read this site but haven't joined as members, i told em about the campfire 13 years ago when i joined, they're the guys that i went through those shoot houses with and tried to teach me some about hand gunning, "Good shooting old man, you aint slipped much," and "you put some GD smoke on that blade papaw, sounds like it was fired from a crossbow" LOL, again this stuff is fun, i can definitely see the draw some of you have to handguns.

Do you stretch before you start blowing yourself?

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Since I’ve read several references here to nobody using their J frame or LCP they supposedly carry, and since I most often carry a J frame. I went out and shot my two most often carried guns this evening.

Target was a 14”x14” steel square at 42yd.
Both guns drawn from under my t shirt out of an IWB holster. Both loaded with full power 158gr SWCs.

2” M15 showed 4 out of 6 hits in 8 seconds.
2” M36 I ran 5 for 5 in 9 seconds.

I’m no Rob Leatham obviously.

I commend the mall hero on his shooting, he was prepared and did a great job.

Last edited by TheKid; 08/05/22.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
^^^^^^^^^Fun stuff Kid.

Trump Won!
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I decided to try something different today..didn’t go so well, my nickname is Tex ..

Last edited by 79S; 08/06/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 79S
I decided to try something different today..didn’t go so well, my nickname is Tex ..

we've picked on ole Tex an aweful lot here. it's neevr not fun, however watching his" follow up" to this video is way, way fun

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
here is another cassic "tex" video

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mon-Fri I carry a Sig P320 AXG LE with a DPP, OWB under a suit jacket. Evenings and weekends I carry Sig P365 XL with a Holosun 507K, IWB. I have never shot any handgun at 40 yards before, which got me wondering where the bullets would even hit. I figured if I hadn't bothered to prepare then practicing before this test would be cheating; so I decided to run this cold. No warm ups, just business. I didn't shoot it with carry ammo, but I don't know what difference it would have made.

1st run was with the P320. 10 shots in 11.79 seconds. They're all in the red, but there isn't much more to say than that.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Then it was the P365. Only 9/10 found the red in 13.93 seconds. My draw was all barfed up so I made up for it by yanking the first shot into the stratosphere.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
D
dla Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Waders
so I decided to run this cold. No warm ups, just business.

Good shooting!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Mon-Fri I carry a Sig P320 AXG LE with a DPP, OWB under a suit jacket. Evenings and weekends I carry Sig P365 XL with a Holosun 507K, IWB. I have never shot any handgun at 40 yards before, which got me wondering where the bullets would even hit. I figured if I hadn't bothered to prepare then practicing before this test would be cheating; so I decided to run this cold. No warm ups, just business. I didn't shoot it with carry ammo, but I don't know what difference it would have made.

1st run was with the P320. 10 shots in 11.79 seconds. They're all in the red, but there isn't much more to say than that.

Then it was the P365. Only 9/10 found the red in 13.93 seconds. My draw was all barfed up so I made up for it by yanking the first shot into the stratosphere.

That's still good shooting at 40 yards. No one said that young Dickens had all "A" zone hits, or all "X"s, at least, not that I've heard, anyway. Any hit is going to distract another being.
You done good.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Good shooting Waders!
And that's why I love my P365, with the same RDO as yours.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 73 invisible), 2,529 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,356
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.