24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Stihl FS75 is probably 20 years old and never a problem starting and I usually only run it at less than full speed and it works great. I take my lead from what the city and the hoa guys use and it is 100% Stihl. Their stuff runs all day every day and if it holds up for them, a homeowner Stihl should last for ever and all my Stihl stuff has.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by killerv
You dont want an echo, I got drawn to them due to how light their products are compared to others, their carbs are the most finicky carbs I've run across. Always ran truefuel through them and they still give me fits, no issues my my husqvarna stuff.
. I've had an Echo for well over 10 years with no issue whatsoever. Try mixing your own gas instead of using that Truefuel stuff.
"Chickanic" on YouTube can help you out.

Last edited by Triggernosis; 08/02/22.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I also have a Echo had it for 8 years... it starts the first or second pull every time ....Even after sitting all winter...And speed feed head is the chit...I had a Husqvarna vibrating pc of chit....With that being said I have a Husqvarna 455 chain saw thats a Great wood cutting machine...Echo or stihi for me

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Son worked for our local Parks & Rec Dept. during HS and college doing field maintenance and swore by Echo for trimmers.
I rolled in with a new FS90 and he told me that I was crazy for going Stihl over Echo.
BTW: He's Stihl all the way for chainsaws.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ego electric 4 me please!

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I would get a Husky powerhead. Lowe’s sells them. There is a model Husky that takes Ryobi, MTL, Sears etc attachments. Works pretty good but you have to get on Amazon or eBay and get the special screwdriver to adjust the carb. I bought one to fit all the attachments I had. Works good once you get the carb adjusted.

The best may be Metebo/Hitach/Tanaka, what ever it’s called now days. I’ve had my share of weed eaters over the years and the Tanaka design is the my favorite. Light and powerful for the weight. Along with can’t wear them out. My second might be Echo.

Thanks, Billy
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have had an Echo for 15+ years. That thing is amazing, no maintenance, starts right up every time. It might have been the ethanol in the regular gas I have always used that rotted out the primer bulb long ago, doesn’t seem to matter

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My echo 350 has been good. I just hated the string feeder that always broke off at the head and had to be taken apart and threaded back through constantly. I finally bought a quick feed head that takes little precut pieces. It's much better to change but I still brake them off ever 20 feet.

I finally poured some old gas I didn't trust along the edge of my driveway and rv pad and lit it. It burned a nice little edge with no weeds for over a month. It pissed off my neighbor from California though but what doesn't.

Bb

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Echo has me hating W.E. just a little bit less.

The Stihl I had in-between two Echo's had me hating weed eaters more than I thought I could. Some SOB stole the Stihl & other than feeling the insult of being robbed, they did me a favor. If they had just ask for it I might have chipped in a few bucks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Echo has to be pushing 13 years old at the very least. Two years ago I took it in to get a new primer bulb and fuel line. Guy charged me about $100 bucks for complete package or whatever they call it- took about a day. I said I could get a new one for close to that and he said not anything like this one- that cemented my thought of keeping it. Thing will start in two pulls after sitting all winter. Never sees ethanol fuel and I think that has helped. Never dies in middle of job. It will still tug you across a fence line.

I finally bought a real Honda mower think....four years ago. Same thing. Has a fuel cut off as well. Wish I had done it sooner. Starts first pull and just runs. Before I bought it I was checking specs and numbers and wasn't overly impressed....more to it than that it seems.

Had a 9.5 Johnson outboard bought in 1969 was similar. Run all the gas from the carb....was about it for maintenance.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shindaiwa T230 straight shaft here for 20+ years. Other than snapping the carburetor off in a fall off the bench (my fault) it continues to run.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I bought the 40V Ryobi 12" string trimmer from Home Depot recently. It will haul you along a fence line if you're not careful. All the power of gas without mucking around with gas/small engines. The string dispenser has worked well so far. You can find these at Home Depot. Not sure about battery life, but cut my small yard twice and trimmed and it was somewhere around 75% power remaining. YMMV

Side note: Bought the $150 Ryobi 40V blower to go with it, rated at I think 110mph. Doesn't work for chit. Getting returned and buying the Black and Decker corded blower at Menards for $37. Borrowing my mom's B&D one right now and it really blows- 180mph. Lots of power.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Besides the top quality 80v Kobalt string trimmer from Lowes, we also got the 80v blower. That thing is a battery powered hurricane.
Not to mention the Kobalt 80v lawnmower is a great tool. I have nothing bad to say about it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Chit is about to get nasty!

#beatdaheat

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Short section of ditch that the ditcher didn't get cleaned up.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Couple regrets in life: One; the Homelite Weed Whacker I bought in 1997 and finally threw away last year. What a troublesome piece of [bleep] that thing was. Two; not saving the motor to make a gas powered Margarita Mixer for hunting camp (for laughs).

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Stihl.
I’m happy with my new Stihl.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have the cheapest smallest curved shaft Stihl and have been using it for 10 years. It starts easy and runs like it should. I need a new string head for it.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Get one of these and thank me later. You can add a polesaw, a sweeper brush, hedge trimmer, brush cutter, lawn edger, all to the same platform. Not to mention adding additional Milwaukee tools. I spent 900 dollars on the Stihl Combi system and it's collecting dust[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Stihl. I have an FS 80 model for about 20 years. A running and cutting son of a gun.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Stihl. I have an FS 80 model for about 20 years. A running and cutting son of a gun.
Same!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
158 members (338Rules, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 19 invisible), 2,001 guests, and 947 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,650
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.